Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm trying to convert my GSM Pre 2 to a VZW Pre 2. I got all the screws out but now what? I looked at the picture and it's not very informative. What am i seperating? The back bezel looks sautered together.
    I think the back is connected with a few clips on the sides. They are really little and you need to use your little screw diver to get them out. I could be wrong..

EDIT: there are 2 (on each side) on the lower half of the Pre on the sides of were the circuit board is.
    EDIT 2: And there are also 1 on each side above those that slide into place.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, now im having a bit of trouble. I got the back bezel, transferred the comboard, snapped the clips back into place, but I cannot reinstall the volume rocker, and the silence switch is esque. I don't know why because the bezel attached nicely.
    Do you have the spring that popped out when you took it out? (and installed it in right)
    EDIT: it could be upside down too
    EDIT 2 (yay for edits!): is the problem with getting the little prong that you pushed out the first time to get it off not going back in?
    - John Wayne
  5.    #5  
    a spring didn't pop out just the volume rocker. also, the silence switch is just different on the pre 2 i guess i looked.
  6.    #6  
    yeah!
    Mmm... could you get a few pics up fast? (make sure to turn on micro image if you can on your camera)
    - John Wayne
  8.    #8  
    haha well um.. my phone was my camera. hehe. well i think the volume rocker is just a pita to get in regardless because it just isn't snapping in the hole because it's so long
    lol, I can see what you mean now by the prong being long. How are you trying to put it in?
    - John Wayne
  10.    #10  
    by popping the little square part that goes down back into the square hole hehe.
    try loosening the comm board or unclipping it. It may give you more way to put it in.
    - John Wayne
    Wait, it sounds like the way you get it off first is you unclip it. Are you able to put it in as far as you can and this push the end down (or towards the bottom of the device) to get it to stay?
    - John Wayne
  13.    #13  
    yes but then i cant put the other end in
  14.    #14  
    My pre plus one is a little more flexible, I'll try that one.
    ok good, that means you can get it in all the way. The other end in flat or square like the other?
    ---->good idea (plus one)
    - John Wayne
  16.    #16  
    i bent the plus one a little but didnt break it and slid itin then held it down extremely hard to straighten it back up
    you get it clipped in?
    - John Wayne
  18.    #18  
    ugh no. it was way too bent and wouldnt bend back. back to trying to put the pre 2 one in. ugh gosh
    try to think of how it came off and do it backwards. (if you hadn't done it already)
    Hard to help if I only got the webos internals pics. try to describe how it fits in.
    - John Wayne
  20.    #20  
    got it! haha hardest part of the entire process
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast