Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell everyone how awesome HP is to work with. I work at a university where I am one of the head IT guys for one of the colleges on campus. We were notified this morning that an HP rep was on campus today and that we should stop by and talk to him if we have any questions about HP products. I thought that it would be interesting to go by and ask if he had any information about the Touchpad, Veer, and Pre 3. He didn't share anything with me that we don't already know here.

I then expressed my frustration about my Pre Plus not even being a year old yet, but it has already been declared end-of-life and isn't getting updates anymore. I asked him if there was any path for me to get webOS 2.0 without paying full retail for a Pre 2 while I am in the middle of my 2 year contract on Verizon.

He got on with the Palm division and asked what they could do for me... they offered to send me a Pre 2, no questions asked!

We talked for about 30 minutes about how HP is very excited about webOS and that they want to keep the loyal Palm customers happy. They sure bought a loyal Palm customer in me!
    I want the number he called. haha

Luckily I just received my dev Pre 2. So I'm happy. Just can't wait until 3 comes out.
    Sprint Love
    That is pretty nice of HP! It's good that HP is willing to try to keep existing Palm users happy.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    No, really....what was that phone number?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    I wish I knew. I was trying to look at his phone and his computer screen, but he seemed to be trying to hide it from me.
    good. At least they know what is going for them and keeping it like that... Loyalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    For realz! LOL!!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just got an e-mail confirmation. It is shipping on 3/14 with an estimated delivery date of 3/16. I'll follow up to tell everyone how I like the Pre 2 compared to the Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Well, I got my Pre 2 today. It is amazing how much it looks like the original Pre. So far I am impressed with the responsiveness. It seems more responsive than my Pre Plus on 2.1.0 overclocked to 1 Ghz. However, my favorite thing so far has to be the keyboard. It is a world of difference on the Pre 2! I would say that with practice I think I could end up typing on it as fast as I can with the virtual keyboard on the iPhone, which is what I use to compare all keyboards right now.

GPS did not work for awhile. I had to be outside and had to try and get a fix several times using ##477#. It finally locked on and has been working since.

Overall, I would have to say that I am impressed so far. I don't know if it would have been worth buying at $150 and locking myself into another two years, but it is a better phone for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    good. At least they know what is going for them and keeping it like that... Loyalty.

well at least for loyal US users... how about loyal users from other countries
    Europeans got the Pre 2 months before we got it here. Loyal European users had a chance to upgrade way before we did. Heck, European Pre Plusses even get webOS 2.1 and ours stay stuck at 1.4.5.

I'd say they've done a lot for loyal customers in other countries.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well, my keyboard started getting bad on my Palm Pre plus and did they (Verizon) replace it with a new Palm Pre 2? Err, nope! Just received a brand spankin' used Certified as new, Palm Pre Plus. I guess it's who you know that really counts! Still the keyboard issue has been solved. I just wish it would have been with a new Palm Pre 2!