03/10/2011, 01:20 PM
Ok, I have a Sprint Pre-, and an unlocked GSM Pre 2 activated with a second profile, a licensed copy of Classic (for my Sprint Pre-).
I'm tired of switching between the phones, and am ready to go for broke, and want to Frankenpre the phone (put the Sprint comm board on my GSM Pre 2)? Once I do that, I want to get Classic working (would it think it is a new phone?), Flash (why did it break in 2.1), and have the full app catalog, with my apps from my Sprint profile.
I don't see any showstoppers, based on the results of others. Does anyone else see anything that will prevent this from working?
Are the basic steps:
1. Download an old 1.x Doctor and extract the files required by Classic and the files required by Sprint.
2. Download the 2.1 Doctor
3. Overlay the Classic/PalmOSROM and Sprint files onto the image from 2.1
4. Swap out the comm board from the Sprint Pre -.
5. Doctor the phone with the merged image, and login/activate with my old (Sprint) profile?
1. Classic views this as a new phone.
2. Won't be able to use my Sprint profile on the new device.
3. No idea why Flash stopped working.
Any advice, tips?