1.    #1  
    Ok, I have a Sprint Pre-, and an unlocked GSM Pre 2 activated with a second profile, a licensed copy of Classic (for my Sprint Pre-).

I'm tired of switching between the phones, and am ready to go for broke, and want to Frankenpre the phone (put the Sprint comm board on my GSM Pre 2)? Once I do that, I want to get Classic working (would it think it is a new phone?), Flash (why did it break in 2.1), and have the full app catalog, with my apps from my Sprint profile.

I don't see any showstoppers, based on the results of others. Does anyone else see anything that will prevent this from working?

Are the basic steps:
    1. Download an old 1.x Doctor and extract the files required by Classic and the files required by Sprint.
    2. Download the 2.1 Doctor
    3. Overlay the Classic/PalmOSROM and Sprint files onto the image from 2.1
    4. Swap out the comm board from the Sprint Pre -.
    5. Doctor the phone with the merged image, and login/activate with my old (Sprint) profile?

Potential issues:
    1. Classic views this as a new phone.
    2. Won't be able to use my Sprint profile on the new device.
    3. No idea why Flash stopped working.

Any advice, tips?
    Last edited by ka1; 03/10/2011 at 04:15 PM.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I'm wondering why some folks are saying flash broke in 2.1.. I have an unlocked GSM pre2 and I have doctored with the latest webOS version from HP (2.1) I have flash without having to install the plugin/patch.. Is it broken for 2.1 on a pre-?
    tp
    Issues in updating Sprint legacy device to 2.1 using webosinternals process.

I. Flash
    The 2.1 doctors assembled via webosinternals do not have flash built in.
    There is a thread where people have had success installing flash and several methods are also detailed on the webosinternals wiki for 2.1 upgrade (link below). I have not tried it.
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

II. Sprint Navigation
    In order to install this for pre/pre+ after flashing 2.1 via webosinternals method, you will need a file from the unreleased 2.01 beta for sprint. Since this doctor was not distributed publicly, webos internals did not include this in their process. You can view the thread on this (see below) and see that people have had success relatively easily as long as they have the right file from the 2.01 beta for sprint.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-2-1-0-a.html

III. Classic
    There is a thread that details a process for updating classic as long as you have bought the original app (see link). People have had success. I have not tried it yet as it seems slightly complicated, I am hoping someone will automate it a tad more before I do so.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...2-0-above.html

IV. PRL
    Sprint prl updates are not obtainable currently by any legal means. The current advice is to get at least the latest prl on your 1.45 as it will be retained for the 2.1 device when you update. There is a thread where people are trying to find manual procedures for updating the prl once you are on 2.1.
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/10/2011 at 02:02 PM.
  4.    #4  
    I didn't use the doctors nor webosinternals, just did the normal OTA update for my unlocked GSM Pre 2 (Developer Day). Once I did that, Flash stopped working (at least on the sites I tested).

I'm not trying to upgrade a Pre-, I'm planning on doing a FrankenPre (Spring Pre - combined with my GSM Pre 2)?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    aah, you can email webosworld.com as they are planning to offer this service so they would have the latest info.