Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    After reading that it should theoretically be possible to transfer the Pre comm board to a Pre 2 I set out to try it.

I have an old Pre- from movistar spain in which I had bought several apps. After buying a Pre 2 on ebay this week it turns out it comes from Italy, where paid apps are not available so I was not able to restore all my paid apps which made the Pre 2 almost useless to me.

I just disassembled both pres, moved the Pre- board to the Pre 2, doctored to the STANDARD EU 2.1 and Tadaaaa, all my paid apps have been downloaded and everything is working PERFECTLY.

So if you bought or activated a Pre 2 in an unsupported country, you can just buy a used Pre or the comm board and do the same thing.
    I was wondering if it works just as easy for a sprint pre- and an unlocked GSM pre2. I want to swap my activated pre- comm board to my unlocked pre2, will I run into problems with that process?
    tp
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    There was some other thread where someone asked that and was given a yes for an answer, but I believe there is an extra step involved, having to change some of the device IDs.

On the GSM versions you just have to swap the hardware itself, no software tweaking.