Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has any one noticed messaging problems with the new 2.1 release. For example when I send a text message my phone stalls for 3-5 seconds until the message is sent. *** palm! Plus I still have my unlock problem. The pre3 can't come soon enough :/
    Mine does this too. Except I'm running on Palm Pre+.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

yes, there is a thread around here collecting 2.1 bugs and I believe I saw that reported.
    i've sort of notice that
    but i wouldn't say as long as 5 seconds
    yes, there is a thread around here collecting 2.1 bugs and I believe I saw that reported.

what hardware do you have. I'm not seeing it much on my Pre2 but I don't text much.

also try deleting all your long text threads and see if that helps. Keeping lots of texts and long threads even bogs down feature phones.
  6.    #6  
    Ugh this sucks! Yes its about 3-5seconds I can't do anything. I feel like the unlocked NA palm pre 2 phones are junk!
    Forgive me if I'm breaking NDA here, but I'm almost certain nobody cares about it anymore. Back when I had 2.1 on my Pre minus, this bug was a HUGE issue. Now that I updated my Sprint Pre2 to 2.1, this issue is coming back. Didn't have this problem on 2.0.1. Also for some reason one of my email accounts refuses to work on my Pre2. Any other email account syncs fine, but one of them just doesn't. I'm doctoring back to 2.0.1, I like Exhibition and all but it's not enough. Also my Pre2 doesn't scale between 300MHz and 1GHz properly, every time I open Govnah, it tells me I'm operating at 300MHz so I have to sacrifice my battery life and leave it on 1GHz.
    Also, on 2.1 my system sounds frequently turn themselves off (notifications etc.) and the only way to remedy it is to restart. Anybody else facing any of these issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by BdotR View Post
    Also, on 2.1 my system sounds frequently turn themselves off (notifications etc.) and the only way to remedy it is to restart. Anybody else facing any of these issues?
    I think that only happens when you launch the voice dialing app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    I feel like the unlocked NA palm pre 2 phones are junk!
    Finally, someone else who feels the way I do about the unlocked Pre 2.

Also my Pre2 doesn't scale between 300MHz and 1GHz properly, every time I open Govnah, it tells me I'm operating at 300MHz
    I seem to have the exact same problem. It seems the phone prefers to run at 300Mhz and only occassionaly scales to 1Ghz. This would explain the sluggish and erratic behaviour of my Pre 2.

so I have to sacrifice my battery life and leave it on 1GHz.
    How do I make the Pre 2 run at 1Ghz?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i think they are going to be, hopefully not with updates, the forgotten phone for webos. everyone will remember the origional, but the second; like crappy sequels that dont live in the story line, will be forgotten. but i rather like my p2; having said all that. its a mostly solid phone. fixes what needed to be fixed form my p+, but doesnt screw up the formula that made it the phone we all liked enough to stay with it when other pones were coming out that we could have gotten, or stayed here in the forums hoping for new hardware or updates to come out.
    i no longer have this problem on my pre - so i think it disappears after a few days. It was annoying for first few days

try the compcache fix (see webos 2.1 upgrade wiki) for pre -
    I just noticed this issue as well. When I close my cards it doesn't make any noise & when auto correct kicks it doesn't make any sounds (though it will vibrate if I set that as an option). I don't know what the cause of it is. I just updated to 2.1 a few hours ago. I didn't have this issue on 2.0.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Guys did you update OTA or with the Doctor? I chose the latter and I don't have any issue at all. I just tried SMS as well and they are fast as always.
    Download "Govnah" from Preware or WebOS Quick Install, and press "Profile" and set it to "userspace" and set the "setspeed" to 1GHz. It doesn't impact the battery life TOO noticeably. I think I only lose like 10-15 minutes of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

Download "Govnah" from Preware or WebOS Quick Install, and press "Profile" and set it to "userspace" and set the "setspeed" to 1GHz. It doesn't impact the battery life TOO noticeably. I think I only lose like 10-15 minutes of life.
    And Sanjay, (EDIT: if you are thinking about overclocking - 1GHz is standard) you will need the Beta Uber-Kernel from the WebOS Internals kernel testing feed, if you are game and prepared for possible dire consequences.
    Last edited by johncc; 03/10/2011 at 05:37 AM.
    Sorry, but doesn't the Pre 2 run 1GHz stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Sorry, but doesn't the Pre 2 run 1GHz stock?
    You are right. Of course it does. I was thinking overclocking.
    Don't see the messaging / SMS issue at all here, no delay whatsoever on unlocked Pre 2 (EU). Upgraded to 2.1.0 using doctor.

I do however get the "loss of system sounds", e.g. I will lose my "close card" sound after a while of usage. Don't know what causes it, and I do not use the voice dialling feature at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast