Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BdotR View Post
    press "Profile" and set it to "userspace" and set the "setspeed" to 1GHz.
    Wow! I set 'Govanah' to run the Pre 2 at 1Ghz and I notice quite a difference. Everything is so much more snappier and the apps open and respond a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    And Sanjay, (EDIT: if you are thinking about overclocking - 1GHz is standard) you will need the Beta Uber-Kernel from the WebOS Internals kernel testing feed, if you are game and prepared for possible dire consequences.
    More than being game, I am anxiously waiting to overclock this slow Pre 2, but I don't think there is an 'Uber-Kernel' available for the Pre 2 with 2.1.0 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Sorry, but doesn't the Pre 2 run 1GHz stock?
    Yes it does run stock at 1Ghz, but the Pre 2 also scales the cpu on demand and as per what Govanah shows, it seems my Pre 2 has issues with scaling and seems to get stuck on running at 300Mhz.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2.    #22  
    Now when I come from exhibition mode to a text message 50% of the time I start trying to text in a message and nothing happens. I have to close messaging and reopen it.
    this facebook app issue is starting to really irritate me
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    this facebook app issue is starting to really irritate me
    Well since when was FB not irritating ???

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have a feeling these 2.1 bugs may not get fixed, as they are trying to make 3.0. So Palm is looking ahead, and making a hard decision to kill bug fixing for 2.1, so they could concentrate on 3.0.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I have a feeling these 2.1 bugs may not get fixed, as they are trying to make 3.0. So Palm is looking ahead, and making a hard decision to kill bug fixing for 2.1, so they could concentrate on 3.0.
    In other words don't upgrade!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    If I remember correctly, Pre 3 and Veer will ship with WebOS 2.2. I hope this means there will be a 2.2 update for those over in Germany, so that I can update my pre+ here in US.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Well since when was FB not irritating ???

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    hahha sad thing is.. i don't even know why I care.. I don't really use facebook and I hate it..

Just one of those things where i'm paying for a service, and clearly it's on my carriers end and it's not working, and it should be lol
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Pre 3 and Veer will ship with WebOS 2.2. I hope this means there will be a 2.2 update for those over in Germany, so that I can update my pre+ here in US.
    I know the pre 3 was running 2.0 at the conference, but was the veer running 2.2?

The pre 2 is pretty responsive and fast, but the veer almost blows the pre 2 out of the water and it's a slower cpu
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    Don't see the messaging / SMS issue at all here, no delay whatsoever on unlocked Pre 2 (EU). Upgraded to 2.1.0 using doctor.

I do however get the "loss of system sounds", e.g. I will lose my "close card" sound after a while of usage. Don't know what causes it, and I do not use the voice dialling feature at all.
    did you install flash? I think that has something to do with it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12