Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey there,
    I know everyone gets excited about 2.1 on the Pre 2. I was just trying to doctor my Pre 2, cause no OTA was appearing.
    Somehow the flashing process stopped at 12% and the Pre 2 went to the nice "www.palm.com/rom" screen.
    Reflashing didn't help.
    Palm support gave me the advice to send it in. However I just tried to flash it with WebOS 2.0.1 and it worked.

So my guess is, that there is a problem with the stability of the 2.1 Doctor.

Anyone had similar problems?

[edit] doctored it right after getting it on 2.0.1 to 2.1, now it works. Weird... [/edit]
    Last edited by chris42; 03/09/2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey there,
    I know everyone gets excited about 2.1 on the Pre 2. I was just trying to doctor my Pre 2, cause no OTA was appearing.
    Somehow the flashing process stopped at 12% and the Pre 2 went to the nice "www.palm.com/rom" screen.
    Reflashing didn't help.
    Palm support gave me the advice to send it in. However I just tried to flash it with WebOS 2.0.1 and it worked.

So my guess is, that there is a problem with the stability of the 2.1 Doctor.

Anyone had similar problems?

Greetings
    Chris
    Just checking, but you're flashing a pre 2 doctor on the carrier and device it was intended for?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    yep, unlocked device.
    I just retried it right after the flashing for 2.0.1 finished. Now it is on 2.1.
    *Phew*
    I had the same issue, stopped at 12% and log said "cpu spec initialization failed" or something like that. Tried several times, always stopped at the same location. Finally I solved it the same way you did, just doctor to 2.0.1 and then straight upgrade to 2.1.0 again.

This was on an unlocked Pre 2 (EU).
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Same over here... silly =(