1.    #1  
    I've had this issue since I got the pre 2 but in the facebook app on 3g (it works on wife) loading my message inbox does not load.. It just sits on refreshing. It also doesn't display (after refreshing it correctly on wifi) any messages up to date that were sent. It works great on my original pre and 1.4.5

can someone else test?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    mine works fine on 3g...but I'm using the beta
  3.    #3  
    Damn auto correct changing it to wife lol

ya then what gives.. Why won't it load?
  4.    #4  
    Also like to add that it doesn't load pictures over 3G as well, but in wifi it works great.

Any other Rogers users who can report findings?
  5.    #5  
    I've decided to include a couple of pictures on what is going on with just my 3G connection.

What I was wondering if there are any Rogers users who use the Pre 2 if they are experiencing the problem. Or, if there are any Bell/Telus Pre 2 users who have it unlocked, if it was possible if they could borrow a friends Rogers SIM and see if this problem is on the Rogers network.

Again, when on wifi, the inbox/pictures loads fine and quick, just not on my 3G connection. This is what i'm stuck with.

yet another 2.1 bug? i thought this update was supposed to contain bug fixes, not just more bugs.
    Is this a Pre 2 on Rogers or a hacked Pre updated to 2.1?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Is this a Pre 2 on Rogers or a hacked Pre updated to 2.1?
    Pre 2 on Rogers

Not an unlocked version either
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    yet another 2.1 bug? i thought this update was supposed to contain bug fixes, not just more bugs.
    Well i'm not sure if it's a 2.1 bug... I'm trying to find out if it's a Rogers network issue

The main page loads fine, my profile loads fine.. just not my inbox or a picture/video off of the app on the 3G connection...

Wifi it loads perfect and great, so it can't be an app issue
    Its working fine on my Unbranded Pre2. Since Facebook is a standalone app, this would not be an OS bug but a possibility that the FB app needs to be updated.

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the FB app? Reset the phone?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Its working fine on my Unbranded Pre2. Since Facebook is a standalone app, this would not be an OS bug but a possibility that the FB app needs to be updated.

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the FB app? Reset the phone?
    yup
    uninstalled/reinstalled
    doctored
    reset in every possible way

spoke to palm.. can't be an app issue because it works on wifi

it's really starting to confuse me.. my next step is to see if it works on another rogers pre 2 device, but haven't found anyone on here yet.
    I'm gonna check this for you tonight, kjb.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I've decided to include a couple of pictures on what is going on with just my 3G connection.

What I was wondering if there are any Rogers users who use the Pre 2 if they are experiencing the problem. Or, if there are any Bell/Telus Pre 2 users who have it unlocked, if it was possible if they could borrow a friends Rogers SIM and see if this problem is on the Rogers network.

Again, when on wifi, the inbox/pictures loads fine and quick, just not on my 3G connection. This is what i'm stuck with.

Okay so I have had this error in the past and I am currently having this error. Not the no new feeds, but my news feed will NOT update and I get the communication error. Now heres the thing, I can use the notification drop down and post on items, I can upload pictures, I can update my status.... basically I can do everything but refresh feeds.

This is over wifi and 3g, both the wife's phone and mine are doing this again. Last time, it took a couple days and fixed itself IIRC, it was a FB issue not a WebOS or app issue.

Sorry I couldn't help, but just so you know it's not just you, having FB issues, ohh and we are both running the beta app. I deleted the app store version long ago when I found the beta to be stable enough for both the wife and me. So at this point I haven't tested this on the app store version.

Ohh and this is all on Sprint Pre- devices running stock software, one device running UK and one not, both devices with various patches.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Okay so I have had this error in the past and I am currently having this error. Not the no new feeds, but my news feed will NOT update and I get the communication error. Now heres the thing, I can use the notification drop down and post on items, I can upload pictures, I can update my status.... basically I can do everything but refresh feeds.

This is over wifi and 3g, both the wife's phone and mine are doing this again. Last time, it took a couple days and fixed itself IIRC, it was a FB issue not a WebOS or app issue.

Sorry I couldn't help, but just so you know it's not just you, having FB issues, ohh and we are both running the beta app. I deleted the app store version long ago when I found the beta to be stable enough for both the wife and me. So at this point I haven't tested this on the app store version.

Ohh and this is all on Sprint Pre- devices running stock software, one device running UK and one not, both devices with various patches.
    yeah i'm not sure what the problem is. see with you at least the app isn't working on 3g or wifi...

mine works fine on wifi.. it's just on 3g.. so that doesn't even make sense
    talked to palm.. they don't know.. and they say talk to the developer yet palm is the developer

rogers has no clue...

its frustrating.. i mean it's just a fb app but at the same point when i have to keep in touch with people back home its hard.. because the facebook mobile site sucks so much **** that i find it hard to use lol
    Im just pressed to replicate this. In the Facebook app, go into the menu and select help. from there, tap the link to give feedback. It takes you to the facebook for palm facebook page where you can report this problem. The App itself prolly needs an update.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Im just pressed to replicate this. In the Facebook app, go into the menu and select help. from there, tap the link to give feedback. It takes you to the facebook for palm facebook page where you can report this problem. The App itself prolly needs an update.
    thanks for the tip addiarmadar!

what's strange is that it doesn't affect anyone else. only rogers customers (as far as my knowledge goes) i went back to the store yesterday to test it on the store demo unit.. and it was the same problem
    but others here have reported that in the US, or other Canadian carriers it works fine.
    Just wanna say that my wife's phone is working fine (it's a Rogers Pre 2), and doesn't exhibit this problem.
    I don't have that problem. Verizon franken Pre 2 on 2.1.
    Mine seams to be back to normal as of last night... wifes seams to be fine too, even though she is still reporting some issues, its not consistent like it had benn
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I think facebook has changed something on their end. Profile pics nor any pics load in my app as of yesterday. There is a thread we have going in the webos apps and software forum.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.