Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    When do you think we, verizon users, will get 2.1? Im hoping very soon. At least through a meta. What say you?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    "IF" i was to guess, in April.

ET
    3 months after Sprint.

So never...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    3 months after Sprint.

So never...
    I was going to say...

Code:
    vzwUpdateDate = sprintUpdateDate + time.months(3)
    ERROR: Variable 'sprintUpdateDate' referenced before assignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    "IF" i was to guess, in April.

ET
    of next year
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I was going to say...

Code:
    vzwUpdateDate = sprintUpdateDate + time.months(3)
    ERROR: Variable 'sprintUpdateDate' referenced before assignment.
    Haha, nice one!
    I just paid 400 bucks for a phone that's not goin to get update?

I'm sure Verizon will push out the update. Honestly though, look at the list of bugs in webOS 2.1.0 and tell me you really want it that badly. My Pre 2 on 2.0.1 isn't giving me any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyfx View Post
    I'm sure Verizon will push out the update. Honestly though, look at the list of bugs in webOS 2.1.0 and tell me you really want it that badly. My Pre 2 on 2.0.1 isn't giving me any trouble.

I agree. I'm in no hurry for the update. 2.0.1 has bugs as well though.

ET
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i think weboswill always have bugs. some intentional, the cow email, most unintentional. i think its what makes the os awesome; mainly the fact that we can dig into it and hack easily, at least those of us that do.
    ty jason robitelle, i know i spelled that wrong; internals and anyone else.

Yeah, I'm fine as it is. Can I refuse the 2.1 update or will it automatically update if VZW pushes it? It supposedly contains some "minor bug fixes" but all I've read are complaints about it...seriously haven't read a good thing about 2.1. I can live w/o Exhibition Mode since I would only use clock function anyway. No 2.1 for me.
    2.0.1 is pretty buggy:

Pop3 email
    Browser bookmarks
    Phone restarts
    Intermittent temporary UI freezes
    Calendar all-day-event issues

The pop3 email bug is a major problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwr0707 View Post
    2.0.1 is pretty buggy:
    Unfortunately 2.1.0 has as many if not even more bugs than 2.0.1. Personally I would give up Exhibition mode & Voice Dial, which by the way is totally crap, and all the other extra funtionality of webOS 2.x in return for the stability of webOS 1.4.5.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Unfortunately 2.1.0 has as many if not even more bugs than 2.0.1. Personally I would give up Exhibition mode & Voice Dial, which by the way is totally crap, and all the other extra funtionality of webOS 2.x in return for the stability of webOS 1.4.5.
    haha, we b**** and complain about no updates yet long for to run older versions. btw wasnt 1.4.5 buggy as well? part of the reason i want it is, at least on my pre plus with uberkernal at 1ghz, it makes it way faster then my pre 2 running 2.0.1. and at stock, its just a tad bit slower.
    Need to get that releasemypre guy on the case

Considering the VZW Pre2 was just recently launched and VZW takes their lovely time approving updates PLUS hell bent in the iPhail4 launch = why they don't have it yet.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    surely with all of the 2.1 doctors floating around out there someone (smarter then me of course) could cobble one together that will work on a verizon pre 2 -- couldn't they?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    The 2.1 doctor for Verizon is available to developers now so I'm sure the OTA update can't be too far off.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The 2.1 doctor for Verizon is available to developers now so I'm sure the OTA update can't be too far off.

im sure it is, but since its been released on unlocked and overseas phones, id like it now, we know it works, we know it has some bugs, and im a little impatient. lol.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    im sure it is, but since its been released on unlocked and overseas phones, id like it now, we know it works, we know it has some bugs, and im a little impatient. lol.

Sounds to me like all it has is bugs.
    You know, for once I don't care how long it takes for a release, as long as they iron everything out. I'd wait, say, a month to get 2.1.1 with no bugs.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast