Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    And what is updating the PRL even for? Does it get wiped by the doctoring process or something?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Tried multiple times to do the upgrade on a Verizon Pre 2 but keep getting the webOS Doctor error:

"Your device is not compatible with this version of webOS Doctor." Tried booting into recovery mode and same result. I am using the Verizon FrankenPre 2 script. I've even did an erase on apps and data to see if it would help (also did it because of the error retrieving email text issue).

Any guesses? I am using the script that was downloaded with meta doctor and not the other one that was posted a couple pages ago. They looked the same. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by moorek View Post
    Any guesses? I am using the script that was downloaded with meta doctor and not the other one that was posted a couple pages ago. They looked the same. Thanks!
    Did you try using the script on page 3? I and others did and it works for us.
    Tried multiple times to do the upgrade on a Verizon Pre 2 but keep getting the webOS Doctor error:

"Your device is not compatible with this version of webOS Doctor." Tried booting into recovery mode and same result. I am using the Verizon FrankenPre 2 script. I've even did an erase on apps and data to see if it would help (also did it because of the error retrieving email text issue).

You can't use the GSM metadoctor on a verizon pre 2. The verizon Owens would have to be changed to sprint tokens, you should be able to run the verizon update metadoctor and it should work, however I believe you would have to do this before frankepreing your phone,and you will loose all sprint app availability such as sprint nav.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Bummer. Tried it again using the script on page 3 and same result. Wait a sec...should I be connecting using a USB drive or should I say just charge? I have to reboot using Ubuntu to try this so it's not the quickest thing to do. :-\
    Bummer. Tried it again using the script on page 3 and same result. Wait a sec...should I be connecting using a USB drive or should I say just charge? I have to reboot using Ubuntu to try this so it's not the quickest thing to do. :-\
    Turn Pre off. Hold up volume key, plug phone in to computer, wait till you see the usb symbol, let go of volume button. It should now be in bootie mode. Run the doctor that was created by the meta-doctor. I guess you could also re-do the meta-doctor and do the same thing when it tells you to connect the phone.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've tried it that way too. Same result. I must be missing something. I've been through the notes multiple times.

Do I need to be in developer mode when I attempt this with the unit booted? I am currently running Verizon 2.0.1. I am trying to use ./scripts/meta-verizon-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0. I've installed the HP Novacom drivers (32-bit). I did not install the Palm SDK. The first time I attempted this I did turn off backups. Now that I have erased all of the apps and data, I have not turned the backups off. Maybe I should try that again.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    That is not the script that andidendel put together. I thought it was clear from a couple of posts up. Of course it won't work using a script for an unlocked (gsm) phone. Use the script from andidendel.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Nope, still didn't work with the andidendel script. Here is something interesting: I was having problems getting Music Player Remix to load after I did an erase on the apps and data. It said my OS was an unsupported version though it installed and ran just fine before the partial wipe. Device info says 2.0.1. But my Palm profile says my version is 2.0.0. That doesn't seem right though I cannot remember if it ever said I was at 2.0.1. Perhaps this is why the webOS Doctor is giving my an incompatible OS version?

I am almost to the point of wiping this thing completely but would that even work? I mean, would my Palm profile still say 2.0.0. Would I have to whack my profile as well?
    You could try doing the 2.0.1 doctor, which will probably wipe the usb. Check your palm.com/profile. Then run Andidendel's script and unless something has changed, it should take it to 2.1.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    OK, now I don't feel like a complete buffoon.

I did the 2.0.1 doctor. Checked my profile after completion and it still said I was running 2.0.0. I then ran the Andidendel script again and it actually got past the point where it was failing. The stdout showed that it was moving along nicely and then it completely bombed. Had some error about not being able to allocate a portion of the rom. Then I was completely hosed as it stopped running and left me with the flash logo on my phone.

Pulled the battery and tried the load again. Lo and behold, it worked! Now running 2.1.0. I definitely took the long way but I am here. Thanks for all of your help!
    Glad to hear it finally worked.
    Hey all...sorry to be absent so long. Re-doctoring my phone now... Had to come back here to download my script after a drive failure on my PC.

@64% now, so hopefully it still works.

FWIW, you can't just plug in your 2.0.1 phone and get this working, I don't think. I had a couple file-in-use type errors. Had to put my phone in bootie mode (volume up, insert USB cable, wait for battery logo, insert battery, click 'next' on Doctor).

Cheers.
    Last edited by andidendel; 05/26/2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Andidendel, there is a script with the same name as yours in the script directory of the meta-doctor. Did you modify that one or is it the same? I looked at it and it looked the same, but wasn't sure. In any case, I just copied yours to the script directory and used that. Thanks.
    I combined a couple other existing scripts to come up with this one, since there wasn't one at the time. I asked a couple people to add it to the wiki after I tested and it worked. Including hitting up @webosinternals on twitter. I never heard a response, but someone must've eventually added it to the official meta-doctor.

Best,

AD
    Just want to say thanks! I don't say it often enough here.

Just upgraded my new pre2 to 2.1.0 after losing my pre+ (running 2.1.0) down a storm drain. Running 2.1 on the pre+ took the phone from 'just fine' to 'just incredible' and the pre2 running 2.0.1 was a real let down.

So thanks for the script that allowed me to upgrade the Pre2 *seconds* after it arrived!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Just want to say thanks! I don't say it often enough here.

Just upgraded my new pre2 to 2.1.0 after losing my pre+ (running 2.1.0) down a storm drain. Running 2.1 on the pre+ took the phone from 'just fine' to 'just incredible' and the pre2 running 2.0.1 was a real let down.

So thanks for the script that allowed me to upgrade the Pre2 *seconds* after it arrived!
    Why has webOSinternals not documented the VZ 2.1 procedure on the Wiki? Seems like a lot of confusion could be eliminated if we could get this added with the rest of the procedures ...
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    I cobbled together a meta-doctor based on the Verizon PrePlus 2.1 script.

Works great. Left the makefile the way it was and just modded the script (attached). Mine's got a Sprint radio board in it, but it should work just fine on a stock VZW Pre2.
    I have added this script to the meta-doctor. I am unable to test it, as I do not have a Verizon device.

I don't believe that any Verizon carrier apps will be installed with the script as-is.

Could someone who has tested it please add the appropriate section to the wiki page ?

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/02/2011 at 02:18 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have added this script to the meta-doctor. I am unable to test it, as I do not have a Verizon device.

Could someone who has tested it please add the appropriate section to the wiki page ?

-- Rod
    Thank you for adding it to the meta-doctor!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    Why has webOSinternals not documented the VZ 2.1 procedure on the Wiki? Seems like a lot of confusion could be eliminated if we could get this added with the rest of the procedures ...
    The Wiki is community maintained. If someone has a procedure that they know works, it is intended that they add it to the wiki.

I personally cannot test anything to do with Verizon - there is no CDMA in my country and I do not have a Verizon device anyway.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ... I don't believe that any Verizon carrier apps will be installed with the script as-is.

-- Rod
    Those who have done the 2.1 conversion, please post if the carrier apps (VZ Navigator?) were installed or not on your unit ...