Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    You know, for once I don't care how long it takes for a release, as long as they iron everything out. I'd wait, say, a month to get 2.1.1 with no bugs.
    i agree -- it will get more frustrating as there are less and less things available to you in preware or the ap catalog and unbarable when something you really want becomes available and you can't get it -- we will get updated eventually and most likely in the very near future (no proof only feeling) and it will have bugs when we get it -- but by the time we do the community will have patched most of these into obscurity ...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    i keep getting this screen when checking for an update to a verizon pre 2 -- does it mean that the update is coming soon? i will be up all night pressing the button like locke on lost -- hopefully i am not chasing ghosts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I just get the standard "up to date" message
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I just get the standard "up to date" message
    Same with me.

ET
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I am confused. Has webOS 2.1.0 for the Palm Pre 2 on Verizon been released? I don't see a link to a doctor on the webos-internals wiki page. However, I just got this tweet from @VZWSupport when I asked about a released date for 2.1.0 on the Pre 2.

There is an update available. To see if you qualify, go to Palm Support : Palm Pre 2 for Verizon - Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre 2 SFR for update assistance. *RT
    That link goes to a page about the SFR Palm Pre 2. When I put in my serial number it says that it is an invalid serial number. Are they just full of it or am I missing something here?
    interesting?!! Maybe an impending release. It says at the top:

Palm Pre 2 for Verizon Lifecycle phase: Current. Release: February 21, 2011. About Lifecycles.

But at the bottom:

Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre 2 SFRArticle ID: 45293.
    webOS 2 information: check your eligibility
    <<threads merged>>
    The 2.1.0 Doctor for Verizon has been available for a bit, so one would expect it to be available pretty soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyfx View Post
    The 2.1.0 Doctor for Verizon has been available for a bit, so one would expect it to be available pretty soon.
    where is it available?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    where is it available?
    i want that info as well.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    If it is not yet available from HPalm, it is not appropriate to ask for it in these forums.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just got the following back from @VZWSupport:

I have checked our systems and there is no software update available at this time. *RT
    I will continue to try and get a date out of them... even though they will never give a date.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    I just got the following back from @VZWSupport:

I will continue to try and get a date out of them... even though they will never give a date.

ive been in the vzw palm foorums, trying to get a date outa them. in every relevent post, im asking for it. lol no responce yet.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    If it is not yet available from HPalm, it is not appropriate to ask for it in these forums.
    Sorry -- i will rewrite my post so as not to seem overly sensitive

I did not mean where can i get it illeagly i meant if it has been released where is it

edited by me
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    well, the verizon employees in here forums dont have any answers as to when , Palm Pre 2 Email issues - Verizon Wireless Community
    but this is to be expected. i, pre119 in vzw forums was bugging em and the finally responded by saying "We do not have any information at this time on software updates.

Thank You
    RalphT_Verizonsupport" oh well.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    This is frustrating. Verizon always sits on the updates for months before releasing them. When are the manufacturers going to be able to bypass the carriers and just release the updates directly to us? Ugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    This is frustrating. Verizon always sits on the updates for months before releasing them. When are the manufacturers going to be able to bypass the carriers and just release the updates directly to us? Ugh!
    Is there a particular reason you are hurry for the update? From what I've read 2.1 is more buggy than 2.0. I for one, am in no hurry for the update.

ET
    Hasn't HP/Palm been releasing updates to other countries in the form of a webOS doctor? Maybe we are set to receive one in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Hasn't HP/Palm been releasing updates to other countries in the form of a webOS doctor? Maybe we are set to receive one in the future.
    i think the only doctors out are for GSM phones -- this might explain why one has not surfaced for the verizon phones legit or other wise. To answer the earlier question of why you want the update so bad -- no one is developing or updating for 1.4.5 or 2.0.1 any more -- not that many are developing for 2.1.0 really either but there are no new apps or patches coming for a verizon phone and this is something that i look forward to. I will not be able to get anything new until verizon releases the update. That is why. there is a plus to waiting in that most of the initial bugs are worked out before we dive into the pool but that gets old after a few weeks when we are no longer a part of the active community here but instead observers. for the average user it is no big deal how long these updates take and to tell the truth maybe better if they take a while so that less phones are adversly impacted as the bugs are fixed in advance of a release -- but to someone with preware and webosqi i feel like i did something bad and am in solitary confinement -- LET ME OUT
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    ...no one is developing or updating for 1.4.5 or 2.0.1 any more...
    This is exactly why I want 2.1.0. I can live without exhibition mode or voice dialing. They weren't that impressive when I was using them on my Pre Plus that I meta doctored to 2.1.0. However, even in Preware, I am seeing new patches submitted only for 2.1.0 every day. Mespiff is right, no one cares about 2.0.1 anymore, nor should they.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast