Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Feel free to develop a more productive method that uses DOS

-- Rod
    Oh no! That's quite alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    just skip 2.1 and give us 2.2 already. this blows.
    +1
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    My wife had been having problems with her VZW Pre+ off and on for a month or so and last Thursday I used my upgrade to get her a new Pre2 on the VZW website ($4.99 + $20.31 tax cheaper than insurance). I used the Pre2 2.1.0 instructions to Meta-Doctor it before I activated and restored her data. Went very smoothly and everything seem to be working perfectly.

Great job on the new scripts.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    My wife had been having problems with her VZW Pre+ off and on for a month or so and last Thursday I used my upgrade to get her a new Pre2 on the VZW website ($4.99 + $20.31 tax cheaper than insurance). I used the Pre2 2.1.0 instructions to Meta-Doctor it before I activated and restored her data. Went very smoothly and everything seem to be working perfectly.

Great job on the new scripts.
    You paid $4.99? Do you have a link for this? Also, how'd you get docked more for tax than the sales price? Just curious...
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    You paid $4.99? Do you have a link for this? Also, how'd you get docked more for tax than the sales price? Just curious...
    I paid $5.34 after tax by upgrading my primary line through Verizonwireless.com. I was eligible for a partial discount, as my primary line was past 1 year (I was 16 months into my contract with a Pre+).

Best $5.34 I've ever spent!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Mass sales tax on the transaction was based on the $325 regular price and not the instant online discount price. You would have to login to your MyVerizon account and check your upgrade pricing.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I feel like I'm being held hostage by Verizon Wireless. Appears that HP released the 2.1 update in March... Now it's August and Verizon Wireless has not released the update... I inquired at the local Verizon Wireless store to see when the update would be available... No Clue... Just pushing the Android...

Has anyone filed a complaint with the FCC... under Service Complaints? There's got to be a way to get the carriers to release the updates in a timely manner... This appears to be a common problem.

Is the update buggy? if so, then I understand that Verizon Wireless wouldn't want it on their network, causing lots of service issues... If it's solid, then there should be a timetable to release it...

Voice dialing and the fixes are needed... How many tickets will be given out to drivers that are distracted due to dialing... Voice dialing solves that problem...

So maybe a campaign to flood the FCC with complaints

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/f...orm_type=2000B

would get things moving....
    Quote Originally Posted by rick7349 View Post
    I feel like I'm being held hostage by Verizon Wireless.
    You are. Vote with your feet and move to unlocked GSM, taking the carrier's control away from them.

Oh, I forgot that you guys are allowing AT&T to have a monopoly on GSM in the US now too ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You are. Vote with your feet and move to unlocked GSM, taking the carrier's control away from them.

Oh, I forgot that you guys are allowing AT&T to have a monopoly on GSM in the US now too ...

-- Rod
    filed my complaint & I agree that AT&T is plying the monopoly game, but the FCC feels different.
    I seriously am thinking of buying unlocked from now on. I just wish there were more choices than AT&T
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I seriously am thinking of buying unlocked from now on. I just wish there were more choices than AT&T
    Buying unlocked devices in the US would be great if we weren't forced to pay the subsidized plan rate whether or not we've got a subsidized phone. If you're on a post-paid cellular plan in the US and you don't have a subsidized phone then you've just thrown away an awful lot of money.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    There's the rub, isn't it? I guess it depends on if I find the extra money worth it on the principle of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    Buying unlocked devices in the US would be great if we weren't forced to pay the subsidized plan rate whether or not we've got a subsidized phone. If you're on a post-paid cellular plan in the US and you don't have a subsidized phone then you've just thrown away an awful lot of money.
    Freedom doesn't come cheap. Many people in the US have forgotten that since the declaration of independence it seems.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Freedom doesn't come cheap. Many people in the US have forgotten that since the declaration of independence it seems.

-- Rod
    Oh, snap! It's the truth, but I think I might be more inclined to fight for my wireless freedom once I'm not a graduate student any more and I have an actual job with an actual salary that gives me the financial freedom to take such a stand

Except then there's the issue that freedom from Verizon and their horrible policies also means freedom from a decent cellular signal in most of the places I frequent.

Yes, I think for the foreseeable I will remain in the slimy embrace of Verizon and rely on WebOS Internals to give me a sense of freedom!
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    I finally got the Pre 2 2.1 update using the System Update App on my Verizon Phone! Updated fine... Love the Voice Dialing!!!

Thanks!
    [QUOTE=DrGonzo6o;2904266]I just paid 400 bucks for a phone that's not goin to get update?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

$400!?!?? Why? Mine was....erm a *lot* less than that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    Oh, snap! It's the truth, but I think I might be more inclined to fight for my wireless freedom once I'm not a graduate student any more and I have an actual job with an actual salary that gives me the financial freedom to take such a stand

Except then there's the issue that freedom from Verizon and their horrible policies also means freedom from a decent cellular signal in most of the places I frequent.

Yes, I think for the foreseeable I will remain in the slimy embrace of Verizon and rely on WebOS Internals to give me a sense of freedom!
    I'd rather be free from AT&T wireless, even if that means freedom to make my own mistakes.. Either way, VZW's update is UP.
    i got the update.
    how do i restore my theme?
    most patches dont work!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910