1.    #1  
    Howdy all,

I updated my Pre2 to 2.1 last night, and everything seemed ok until this morning - I can no longer send emails. At one point I got an SMTP credentials error, and when I tapped on it, it took me to my primary account. I reset the password (it was a gmail account). I have tried all my configured accounts, and with Wifi on and off... nothing, email just sits in the outbox...

Anybody else experience this or have advice on what else to check?

thanks,

Aaron
    For some reason my Gmail account didn't work for crap on 2.0.1 until I logged in to my mail account using the phone's built in web browser. My issue was slightly different as I could not even add the account until following the steps I mentioned. Authentication would fail every time I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdamrican View Post
    I updated my Pre2 to 2.1 last night, and everything seemed ok until this morning - I can no longer send emails. At one point I got an SMTP credentials error, and when I tapped on it, it took me to my primary account. I reset the password (it was a gmail account). I have tried all my configured accounts, and with Wifi on and off... nothing, email just sits in the outbox...
    Had the same issue on 2.1.0 on my Pre 2. However, it seems you can just go to account settings and manual setup, and SMTP. Enter your SMTP password again, and it should work. Or at least did for me, Outbox was immediately emptied and messages delivered.

IIRC the first-time setup of the Gmail accounts asks you for SMTP and then lets you say "use same user/password" for SMTP auth. But either the upgrade/palm profile or changed settings broke it?

Strange thing in my case is I never got an error message about the message not being sent or missing/incorrect password.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    Had the same issue on 2.1.0 on my Pre 2. However, it seems you can just go to account settings and manual setup, and SMTP. Enter your SMTP password again, and it should work. Or at least did for me, Outbox was immediately emptied and messages delivered.
    Love this community! Sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees.... I must of looked at that button half a dozen times and didn't see it! Doh!

So thanks!

-Aaron