Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just don't know why this is happening...

when I go to www.palm.com/rom i get told, that the right version for my device is 2.1.0

all of that won't be a problem with 2.1.0 and above, because it then saves the sms messages to the palm profile. Then it doesn't bother me to update via the doctor. But with 2.0.1 ... :-/
    to those who don't get 2.1 OTA:

do you have your device activated and/or used with the SIM card of a "official" Palm carrier?

support told me today, that activation and usage with a non-official carrier (like I do) could cause this problem.
    I don't believe there are any 'official' carriers in the UK as such for the Pre 2 are there?
    I mean the official carriers that sold Palm Pre(+) devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I mean the official carriers that sold Palm Pre(+) devices.
    Ash right I see. That's very disappointing. The only official carrier over here was O2 and I'm on Orange. So Doctor is the only way to go for us then.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have received several OTA updates to a Spanish Movistar Pre- in Australia (no official carriers), so I don't think the carrier is a factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I have received several OTA updates to a Spanish Movistar Pre- in Australia (no official carriers), so I don't think the carrier is a factor.
    I received updates for Pre and Pre Plus, all activated and operated on non-official t-mobile germany, too.

But at least the o2 navigation-app from the app catalog does not work outside of the o2 network. So inserting a o2 sim card into my pre2 will be the last thing I will try on the OTA-side before doctoring it.
    I have a QWERTY unlocked pre2...straight from the US...it always tells me that the system is up to date, which it isn't. It's still at 2.0.0. .

In Germany since day one I used a "non" official carrier...and still got some updates...

I wonder why it is so hard to distribute the update if the phone is asking for it?

I don't want to use the doctor...why? Because I believe that stuff about webOS...being a good system...

I will just wait a while...
    I got answer from Palm now, that they are investigating the problem...maybe we have some luck!?
    Got fed up of waiting so have doctored :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have a new message in the update application now:

"unable to process the request" while "phone is actual" is still showing...

Maybe they are changing something at the other end...
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    I have a new message in the update application now:

"unable to process the request" while "phone is actual" is still showing...

Maybe they are changing something at the other end...
    me too

as I think the problem lies on the server side, I assume they can fix it there, too.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    help!!! after updating to 2.1.0, my dialer cant work!
    Everything else can like SMS, emails, but not my PHONE Dialer! I cant make/receive calls!

I d/l preware and other patches..
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    soleved my prob by re-doctoring agn..
    I really do wonder what makes it so hard to deliver the update through the app on the phone...Imagine a simple consumer who believes all the marketing stuff only to find himself needed to doctor his phone... not good. Things have to work simple.
    Finally went to see the doc - now google calendar syncs again - great.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12