Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    When dragging my finger up the screen, eg to view forum posts, quite frequently the item under my finger gets selected even though my finger does not leave the screen.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Btw I used to have this problem occur on my Dell Streak. It was well known and the solution was to recalibrate the screen occasionaly.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I usually drag my finger where there isn't a link and as a result, don't have that problem, but that's just me
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Btw this isn't just a problem with Forums, its on everything.

By select, do you mean highlight or open a new card or ? Whichever the case may be, it doesn't sound like normal behaviour. Have you tried the screen test which is found under "Device Info/(top left menu)Tests"? to see if your screen is picking up your finger properly?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I did the test and it does seem to be misreporting and jumping to a different part of the screen

However, I have just noticed it ONLY happens when my USB charger is plugged in. Without it, the test works perfectly.

So the non-OEM charger is affecting the screen. Serves me right for buying cheap crap. Although I've not tried it with the palm one to be fair.
    Thinking back, I had a similar issue on my Nexus One.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    So the non-OEM charger is affecting the screen. Serves me right for buying cheap crap. Although I've not tried it with the palm one to be fair.
    Thinking back, I had a similar issue on my Nexus One.....
    Known issue. It affects just about anything.
    It can open cards, dial out, set your neighbor's dog on fire.

Next time, buy a cheap crap phone. All the cheap crap accessories will be included, and they will work!