View Poll Results: How much Screen play "Oreo" effect does your Pre 2 have???

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero!!! My slider is rock solid!

3 20.00%
  • 1-2mm at the most but still feels tight!

12 80.00%
  • 3-4mm but it doesn't feel loose and only flexes when I stress it.

0 0%
  • 3-4mm and it wiggles freely

0 0%
  • 5mm or more I had to / or should have had it replaced already.

0 0%
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Hey everyone just thought I could get an idea or the amount of screen play everyone experiencing. It seems as though the build quality is more solid than the original but on par with or slightly better than the plus versions, aside from the nice cosmetic improvements. I am also experiencing some screen play but not a ton. The top half moves 1-2mm in either direction on the bottom of the display but the top seems pretty solid. This is slightly more exaggerated when the screen is open as the loose connection on the bottom is the only part in contact with the phone and therefor more pronounced. Anyway I still have a few days to exchange my new phone for another new phone replacement but dont really want to go through the hassle if I'm just going to have the same results. Thanks for your help!
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    you're supposed to have a little bit of room with any slider
    the 1-2mm is quite normal, and if it didn't have a bit of play i'd actually be worried..
    Mine is less than 1mm at the bottom left hand side of the phone. Not NEARLY as bad as my original Pre. (2-4mm on the top)
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    1mm at bottom. Zero play at top,

Only loose bit really is the back cover, which is annoying.

Might do the folded paper trick, like on my Pre- to get the touchstone working.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    1mm at bottom. Zero play at top,

Only loose bit really is the back cover, which is annoying.

Might do the folded paper trick, like on my Pre- to get the touchstone working.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i have the opposite problem (if it is one) my back is on so tight that i am going to have to grow my pinkie nail like scarface so that i can pry it off when i need to change the battery
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I can't measure it, but if I could it'd be 1-2 mm or less. There obviously has to be some wiggle room, so I don't consider this oreo effect.
    I pick "Lawrence of Arabia"
    Less than 1 mm here, barely noticeable.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I pick "Lawrence of Arabia"
    Hahaha NO idea what your talking about.... but so random it made me laugh! Thanks
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3H0ff View Post
    Hahaha NO idea what your talking about.... but so random it made me laugh! Thanks
    Sorry for the pathetic attempt at humour. Screen play - get it?