Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Anyone played around with installing / seeing what the differences are between 2.0.1 and 2.1?

I'd like to try getting 2.1 installed on my Pre 2, but if someone's already gone down this road first... Might as well get some advice.

I'm comfortable playing around with it myself, meta-doctoring, etc, but was just curious if anyone else had done this.

Also, does anyone know whether the carrierdb.json has been updated for 2.1? Again, something else that I'll check, but just wondering.
    I don't think that 2.1 has been released for the Pre 2 yet -- just the O2 Pre Plus "officially." The biggest differentiators are voice dialing and Exhibition mode. I'm sure that the update will be released soon, and trust me I'm begging for it as well. I just hope Verizon pushes it out OTA in a speedy manner. Yes, I'm kidding myself
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    id say wait for the official release but we know how that goes around here. actually hp/palm has no reason not to update the p2. its not old, it has capable specs, i hope they release it real soon. but my guess is gonna be when the veer is released. and im not a leader in the homebrew area. i just follow along when i know its safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    id say wait for the official release but we know how that goes around here. actually hp/palm has no reason not to update the p2. its not old, it has capable specs, i hope they release it real soon. but my guess is gonna be when the veer is released. and im not a leader in the homebrew area. i just follow along when i know its safe.
    mm they said early spring for the veer, right?

well, spring is a couple weeks away....

i can't wait to see what exhibition is like..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Hey guys,

Anyone played around with installing / seeing what the differences are between 2.0.1 and 2.1?

I'd like to try getting 2.1 installed on my Pre 2, but if someone's already gone down this road first... Might as well get some advice.

I'm comfortable playing around with it myself, meta-doctoring, etc, but was just curious if anyone else had done this.

Also, does anyone know whether the carrierdb.json has been updated for 2.1? Again, something else that I'll check, but just wondering.
    My advice is, don't try using the Pre-/+ Dr. to work on a Pre 2. They don't have the same processor. Unless of course you like the smell of molten plastic...

Just wait for the proper Dr. for the Pre 2.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    available in the 'coming weeks'...
    I've tried. It doesn't work. Trust me. Save yourself a week. I didn't... : /.
  8.    #8  
    Haha thanks guys. I see that it doesn't have the proper files in it anyhow.

And carrierdb.json hasn't been updated. *le sigh*
    Rogers just released 2.1 OTA to Pre2 users. That may be a better source for the potential meta doc version of 2.1 for a Pre2 if someone is impatient.
  10.    #10  
    Woohoo! Downloading now, baaaaaby. Thanks Vanya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Woohoo! Downloading now, baaaaaby. Thanks Vanya!
    You are welcome.
    I've got it installed today. Rogers had it available to me so I took the opportunity.
    What build is 2.1 for the pre 2 for rogers?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    What build is 2.1 for the pre 2 for rogers?
    where should I find that?
    I am downloading 2.1.0 for my PRE 2 UK unlocked!! Finally!
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    I'm trying to download (Unlocked Pre 2 on AT&T) but it seems to be having problems connecting.
    Downloading now - unlocked Pre 2 on AT&T.
    open device info then tap on 'version' to find the build
    No update for now in my european Pre 2 unlocked...
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    open device info then tap on 'version' to find the build
    build 100
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast