Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Oh CRAAPPP!!!! I need some serious help... Just ran the 103 doctor on my pre2. I started updating, suddenly it says "Were unable to reset your phone", and windows 7 says it failed to update device drivers, and the phone shows a nice icon of a chip with an arrow on it. Clues, anyone? Bricked???
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    It's not totally bricked. But the process goes to 12%, then the "We were unable to reset your phone, Please go to Palm Support for help". I don't think Palm Support will be very quick about that... Any advice would be nice at this point... Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    Oh CRAAPPP!!!! I need some serious help... Just ran the 103 doctor on my pre2. I started updating, suddenly it says "Were unable to reset your phone", and windows 7 says it failed to update device drivers, and the phone shows a nice icon of a chip with an arrow on it. Clues, anyone? Bricked???
    That happened to me, nothing to worry about.

Close the doctor. Might have to force the javaw process to close in task manager.

Restart Novacom service.

Restart Dr.

You can leave the phone alone and the Dr will reset it.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hm. Retrying 3 times took me another few percent and the last time it went all the way. Totally weird. Just a word of warning to other people doctoring. No idea why that happened. Win 7 64bit maybe?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    1. Unplug the phone.
    2. Restart Novacom service.
    3. Plug phone back in.
    Same issue, however restarting the service doesn't seem to help - QuickInstall says no phone connected...

EDIT: Silly me. Of course the dev mode was off after the upgrade...
    Last edited by LazPL; 03/09/2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Same issue, however restarting the service doesn't seem to help - QuickInstall says no phone connected...
    And you're sure you have Dev Mode enabled?
    Just to say that webOS 2.1.0 is definitely feeling much tighter so its finally performing and like the phone I hoped I'd bought.
    Point of note - calendar synchronisation through synergy for my Google account that never worked on 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 now works perfectly. Internalz thanks to Jason's hard work has recently been functioning for 2.0.1 and 2.1.0. The really big item that is missing is the Ogg Vorbis support which mplayer has proven can be done just needed a better user interface to front-end it. Notification processing is improved.

I am now wanting to review the software that I have installed and was wondering whether there were any resources that were particularly useful for finding out the most valuable webOS applications?
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Hm. Retrying 3 times took me another few percent and the last time it went all the way. Totally weird. Just a word of warning to other people doctoring. No idea why that happened. Win 7 64bit maybe?
    I got this error too, stopped at 12%, error was "cpu spec initialization failed" or something like that. Retried 5+ times, changed PC (from Win7 64 to Win7 32), same error. Ended up doctoring back down to 2.0.1, then to 2.1.0 again, that worked for me.
    hello everyone...

i have an unlocked pre 2 on at&t as well, but it's telling me that 1.4.5 is the most i can support.

how did you get the at&t update to 2.1???

my first 5 of sn: P7CG0

even on the palms webos doctor download page, it will only let me download the 1.4.5 version of doctor.

is it impossible for this device to handle 2 or 2.1????

thanks....
    Quote Originally Posted by lilal View Post
    how did you get the at&t update to 2.1???
    Launch System Updates and it should be there.
    Re: virtual keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    Enabled it on 2.1.0 and used it a few times with no problems. Not exactly a heavy user of the option, though, but great for short messages, just type or contact lookup.
    OK, so after a few days it crashes more than it works on 2.1.0. Was great on 2.0.1, hardly any crash/hang. Would not recommend it right now. Maybe it's just my Pre 2, though...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345