Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Actually, that one you mentioned, deesugar, is not for the Rogers Pre 2... That's for the unlocked Pre 2. I haven't done a diff on 'em yet, however, but I might just do so.
    I'm sorry, you're right. It's just for the Unlocked Pre 2 but I wonder what the difference is?

I updated to 2.1 on my Pre 2 using 103 and have no voice dial so are those of you who have voice dial using the 104 doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think 2.1 is awesome on the Pre 2! Someone asked the question in this thread or another that the hardware acceleration is turned off because the icons don't spin as fast. My apps (email, calendar, web, etc) are loading so quickly that I don't even get the card view with the pulsating icon.
    Lol it's not that quick for me

strange

on a side note, has anyone noticed a small decrease in battery life?
  3.    #63  
    It's quick for me... And.... I upgraded to 2.1 going OTA, but I'm assuming that since I have voice dialing and exhibition now, it's probably in that doctor as well!
    103 is 197,253,671 bytes
    104 is 197,243,788 bytes

So they are definitely different files.
    They're also different from the german 2.1 doctors.

I did a check of a few folders, out of curiosity, /usr/palm was different, /usr/lib was different.. and help app from pre2 doesn't work any better on my pre+ than it did before.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

MD5 Sum for 104 is: 1b9d7d63e0f765647705bac6a867da02
    MD5 Sum for 103 is: 477f12cc73f5d8a3a00761dcb3751e6b
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    * Losing data connection and having to turn on/off airplane mode to get it back - Noted to be fixed earlier in the thread
    Actually I might have a fix for that. I noticed that when I changed the data settings to Manual entry and entered the settings for my carrier, I stopped having the issue with the lost data connection... Try that if it happens again. Perhaps Palm's list of carrier settings is somehow faulty??
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    anyone able to enable the 2.1 virtual keyboard on their Pre 2, and if so can anyone state like the 2.0 version on the Pre 2, its running stable. I ask this because most people who have been on 2.1 doing the meta doctor, VK crashed after using it fast, or in landscape mode.
    I have used virtual keyboard on 2.0.1 almost since the patch was released, and had it crash maybe one or two times as I can remember. However, very rarley used it in landscape mode. Enabled it on 2.1.0 and used it a few times with no problems. Not exactly a heavy user of the option, though, but great for short messages, just type or contact lookup.

I did actually experience one hang just a few minutes ago, but that was in a modified app (Spotify, to get it working on 2.x), so maybe not the best example.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Me neither. But I COULD download the WebOS Doctor 2.1 (the "103-version") by entering my serial number at Palm's webosdoctor page.

Quick question to all seasoned pro's out there - what's the list of things to do to make sure I loose as little stuff as possible - PreWare backup app etc, etc?

Fingers are itching to launch the doctor...
    Versions:
    Doctor 104 is Build 101.100 02/02/11 02:30
    Doctor 103 is Build 109.108 02/26/11 01:08
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Versions:
    Doctor 104 is Build 101.100 02/02/11 02:30
    Doctor 103 is Build 109.108 02/26/11 01:08
    Hmmm... Deesugar, Palm's web doctor site suggested 103 based on my serial. Would using 104 be fatally stupid you think?
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
    Hmmm... Deesugar, Palm's web doctor site suggested 103 based on my serial. Would using 104 be fatally stupid you think?
    Curious. You have a Rogers Pre 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    My Pre 2 seems even slower and more sluggish than it was with webOS 2.0.1. Bottom line, the Pre 2 hardware is crap. My overclocked Pre + with webOS 1.4.5 is far more snappier and responsive than the Pre 2 running either webOS 2.0.1 or webOS 2.1.0.
    It's odd how different people's Pre2 devices seem to perform.
  14.    #74  
    Me neither. But I COULD download the WebOS Doctor 2.1 (the "103-version") by entering my serial number at Palm's webosdoctor page.

Quick question to all seasoned pro's out there - what's the list of things to do to make sure I loose as little stuff as possible - PreWare backup app etc, etc?

Fingers are itching to launch the doctor...
    Simple. First do a backup of your phone using the Palm backup app.

Next, use Save/Restore from webos-internals.

Back up the save/restore data.

And then... Doctor away!

As long as you're going from 2.0.1 to 2.1, you won't lose anything on your USB partition. If you are going from an earlier version, back that up too.
    There are no guarantees but I would suspect if anything went wrong you could re-doctor to 103. I'm using a test phone so I have no worries.
    Just curious, the "no pics displayed on MMS list of conversations" bug, was that fixed in the 2.1?

ET
    I am on a GSM pre2 and have hit the update button today quite some time...no luck so far. I can wait...no hurry here...I just hope they fixed the sync issues and I don't really care too much for exhibition mode...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I just did the update and now I cannot use WebOs Quick Install anymore: it doesn't recognize the phone when it's plugged in. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    I just did the update and now I cannot use WebOs Quick Install anymore: it doesn't recognize the phone when it's plugged in. Any ideas?
    1. Unplug the phone.
    2. Restart Novacom service.
    3. Plug phone back in.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    1. Unplug the phone.
    2. Restart Novacom service.
    3. Plug phone back in.

Thanks! Funnily enough I managed to reinstall everything with an older version of WOQI...

All good!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast