Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Pre 2 seems even slower and more sluggish than it was with webOS 2.0.1. Bottom line, the Pre 2 hardware is crap. My overclocked Pre + with webOS 1.4.5 is far more snappier and responsive than the Pre 2 running either webOS 2.0.1 or webOS 2.1.0.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Got it on my unlocked Pre2 on att.

Verified fixed some of my main issues with 2.0.1
    * Over Agressive Correction of Double Tap - 'Hello' often was 'Helo' for me
    * Synergy is mashing my contacts together much better now - Had a bunch of missing pics or pics not showing up in messages and other oddness previously
    * Recurring meetings showing up multiple times on the same day now shows correctly - meaning if i had a meeting recurring once a week for a month each day would show all four instances of the meeting
    * Sometimes the calendar wouldn't even open - opening fast and all the time now

Wait and See
    * Losing data connection and having to turn on/off airplane mode to get it back - Noted to be fixed earlier in the thread
    * Seemed to lose my Gmail 'push' from time to time. Perhaps losing data connection lost the imap idle till my next reboot or something
    * Horrid battery life - hoping there was something with my config that may have been fixed, not hopeful

Maybe I'm fooled because it shiny and new but...
    * Apps seem to be loading faster
    * GPS seems to be locking faster

In short I'm pretty happy with my Pre 2 right now which is awesome because I really really hated it just a couple hours ago.
    Last edited by pnitsuj; 03/09/2011 at 12:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    My Pre 2 seems even slower and more sluggish than it was with webOS 2.0.1. Bottom line, the Pre 2 hardware is crap. My overclocked Pre + with webOS 1.4.5 is far more snappier and responsive than the Pre 2 running either webOS 2.0.1 or webOS 2.1.0.
    Hmm, my Pre 2 always felt much snappier than my Pre 1 overclocked to 800 MHz.
    My Pre 2 was not at all sluggish with 2.0.1, and hasn't changed with 2.1. I think it's your Pre 2 that isn't good.

Unfortunately, it looks like the card with Flash content still needs to be active for Flash audio/video to continue playing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Re: flash video streaming. I tried cnn.com and it streamed perfectly. I think it has a lot to do with how local the website is, and how fast their servers are. cnn servers must be quite good ;-)
    Generally the UI and OS performance seems a little snappier with 2.1.0 than 2.0.1.

I like that they now have the alarm dismiss or snooze on the front side of the pin lock, and also notifications too - you can see the summary - when you click on it to launch the app it brings the pin unlock up - this is much more logical.

I will be trying to check out my Google calendar which never worked with 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 at some point soon.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Just got my brand new unlocked pre2 in the UK today( Thanks Ebay).
    Now I have updated to 2.1...What to do 1st? Mr original pre lasted well but this is soooo smoooth.

Paul

off to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Got a recommendation for a good site to use for testing?
    There's a live Flash webstream here that I frequent:

International House of Prayer : The Prayer Room Webstream
    UK Palm Pre 2 unlocked & activated ,currently using in India.
    NO OTA updates for me!
    anyone able to enable the 2.1 virtual keyboard on their Pre 2, and if so can anyone state like the 2.0 version on the Pre 2, its running stable. I ask this because most people who have been on 2.1 doing the meta doctor, VK crashed after using it fast, or in landscape mode. I come to a conclusion that the code may have been written from HP to support 2.1, but only through the OTA update, therefore anyone able to rip the code into a patch like the 2.0 version was before, will be able to get the metadoctor Palm Pre's, and Pre Pluses access to a working VK. Ive been on numerious post asking this question so far, so forgive me if my same post seem repetative.
    wellwellwell11

I appreciate your persistence. I'm itching to hear a response. Anyone who tries this gets a thanks from me!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Anyone having problems getting it this morning? I actually downloaded it last night but didn't want to install it in the AM until I'd made sure that I had my homebrew stuff in order. So I swiped it away after downloading, then after doing a save package list in preware and a save/restore, reopened the System Updates app and was met with Checking for updates spinner. I've restarted the app and the phone a bunch of times, it still just sits there. I've waited as much as 20 or more minutes without anything. I've tried with and without AC, on home wifi and tethered to a Sprint Pre, just no luck! Help?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    wellwellwell11

I appreciate your persistence. I'm itching to hear a response. Anyone who tries this gets a thanks from me!
    thanks lol sometimes the only way with so many people busy is just keep mentioning the problem you know.
    I think 2.1 is awesome on the Pre 2! Someone asked the question in this thread or another that the hardware acceleration is turned off because the icons don't spin as fast. My apps (email, calendar, web, etc) are loading so quickly that I don't even get the card view with the pulsating icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by soumild View Post
    UK Palm Pre 2 unlocked & activated ,currently using in India.
    NO OTA updates for me!
    I too did not receive any notification for the update. I suggest you run the 'System Updates' app manually, that is if you have not already done so.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Anyone having problems getting it this morning? I actually downloaded it last night but didn't want to install it in the AM until I'd made sure that I had my homebrew stuff in order. So I swiped it away after downloading, then after doing a save package list in preware and a save/restore, reopened the System Updates app and was met with Checking for updates spinner. I've restarted the app and the phone a bunch of times, it still just sits there. I've waited as much as 20 or more minutes without anything. I've tried with and without AC, on home wifi and tethered to a Sprint Pre, just no luck! Help?

I am having problems downloading it as well. When I go to the update app, it shows the update as available, but when I start downloading it, about 10-15 seconds into the download, it stops & goes back to the searching for updates screen.

I'm a little frustrated by it, but oh well. I guess I will try later this afternoon & see what happens.
  17.    #57  
    Yeah, it took a while for it to get going for me yesterday... But it finally did.

BTW, there IS a doctor available, I just found it.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...p104ueu-wr.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Yeah, it took a while for it to get going for me yesterday... But it finally did.

BTW, there IS a doctor available, I just found it.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...p104ueu-wr.jar
    What is the difference between this and the Unlocked Pre 2 (2.1) webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr.jar doctor?

Or is it the same file and they are just using different names?
    Last edited by deesugar; 03/09/2011 at 12:43 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    What is the difference between this and the Rogers Unlocked Pre 2 (2.1) webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr.jar doctor?
    Good question! I have an unlocked Pre 2 as well, and that's what I popped in for the serial number and got that download...

According to that webosdoctor and Palm's site, it's:
    webOS® Doctor™ for Palm® Pre 2 for Rogers. Build Rogers.101.100, webOS 2.1.0
  20.    #60  
    Actually, that one you mentioned, deesugar, is not for the Rogers Pre 2... That's for the unlocked Pre 2. I haven't done a diff on 'em yet, however, but I might just do so.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast