Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright, so I finally found a store that has exclusive rights to sell the pre 2. I played with it for quite a while, and it's simply a huge step up from the original pre on Bell. The build quality is much improved.. it doesn't feel as cheap in the hands. the glass screen is amazing. scrolling is amazing, smooth as butter (think iphone scrolling).. keyboard is great as well.. seems like there's more of a give from it

so, i don't have a contract with bell with my original pre so i can do whatever i want. Robbers (sorry, Rogers) has a promotion going on right now you can get it on the 3 year term for $0, pretty good plan that can come with it as well.

so i'm quite torn. Should I go for it.. should i wait for the pre 3 (even thou we're not sure that a) when it's even coming to market b) when it'll even come to canada c) what carrier it's on

I suppose I could always buy the pre 3 outright and unlock it (if, for example, the pre 3 were to be announced on Bell), but don't people have issues with unlocking phones?

my original pre is ok. it's not wicked, but not horrible. it's livable. i have hard times typing emails/sms because my space bar seems to want to have some extra attention when typing, small usb crack that hasn't hurt my screen.. other than that typical pre.

so i'm not sure what to do.. any thoughts?
    Here is my thoughts on this, The Pre2 came out as unbranded and so will the Pre3 eventually. Contracts dont apply to unbranded devices
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Here is my thoughts on this, The Pre2 came out as unbranded and so will the Pre3 eventually. Contracts dont apply to unbranded devices
    True, but unfortunately as always, no one ever has love for us Canadians and the pre 2 can't be bought unlocked for Canada :S
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    True, but unfortunately as always, no one ever has love for us Canadians and the pre 2 can't be bought unlocked for Canada :S
    There are alot of P|C peeps in the US that would help Canadians relay one
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    You can also get a Pre 2 unlocked from HP and use a package forwarding service to get it to Canada. Go to www.gamesforcanada.com if you are interested.

It worked well for me!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  6.    #6  
    is your pre 2 with Bell?

I just don't know if it would be worth buying a pre2 outright at this point

[QUOTE=marclh1992;2898779]You can also get a Pre 2 unlocked from HP and use a package forwarding service to get it to Canada. Go to GamesForCanada.com - Good Games, Great Prices...Eh? if you are interested.

It worked well for me!

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    My Pre 2 is with Bell, but if you want paid applications right away, activate with Rogers using a friends SIM card with a data plan and then after your Pre is set up, switch to your Bell sim card.

You can also apply for a developer program and get the phone at a discounted price or for free.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    My Pre 2 is with Bell, but if you want paid applications right away, activate with Rogers using a friends SIM card with a data plan and then after your Pre is set up, switch to your Bell sim card.

You can also apply for a developer program and get the phone at a discounted price or for free.
    ohhhh sweet so that could work. Because my gf is locked in with telus for another 2 years or so with the crappy bb storm 2 and she said if i get the pre 2 and then the pre 3 comes out she could have the pre 2.. but i wasn't sure if then having her on telus would be able to access the app catalog
  9.    #9  

marclh1992, I just want to confirm (after reading a lot of posts about people who have a pre 2 in Canada not on Rogers, that if you do activate first time use with a Rogers sim, and switch to either Bell or Telus that you will in fact receive paid apps?
    ohhhh sweet so that could work. Because my gf is locked in with telus for another 2 years or so with the crappy bb storm 2 and she said if i get the pre 2 and then the pre 3 comes out she could have the pre 2.. but i wasn't sure if then having her on telus would be able to access the app catalog
    are both carriers able to work with an unlocked gsm phone?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are both carriers able to work with an unlocked gsm phone?
    Yes. All carriers are now GSM in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    In Canada, unbranded devices pretty much doesn't exist. Unless you're talking about the imported ones, which 90% of those the 3G won't work.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes. All carriers are now GSM in Canada
    UMTS. Bell/Telus and the new carriers don't have a GSM network.

So if you buy an Euro UMTS phone, you're probably toast since there's no GSM network to fall back to.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    marclh1992, I just want to confirm (after reading a lot of posts about people who have a pre 2 in Canada not on Rogers, that if you do activate first time use with a Rogers sim, and switch to either Bell or Telus that you will in fact receive paid apps?
    Yes, if you activate on Rogers then use the phone with Bell / Telus, you can have paid apps access.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15.    #15  
    Well i took the plunge

I am now an owner of the Pre 2.. see ya Bell!
  16.    #16  
    Ok so this applies to all Pre 2 users using facebook app.

When in the app, if i try to see my inbox (not on wifi, 3g) all it does is hang and says it's loading, but won't actually load anything. It works ok on wifi but not on my 3g.

Can anyone else report if this is an issue?

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app, but no luck.
  17.    #17  
    My Pre 2 is with Bell
    hey marclh1992, if you get a chance can you do me a favour?

on your mobile browser with your pre 2, go to dslreports and do a speed test
    i want to compare rogers vs bells network since they're both running the same network now
    ~1653 kbps give or take a few
  19.    #19  
    apparently that smokes the crap out of Rogers 3G
    495 kbps for me
  20.    #20  
    apparently that smokes the crap out of Rogers 3G
    495 kbps for me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast