Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    So I got me Pre2 on wednesday and I love it. That being said I've had a few issues over the past couple of days and am considering having it replaced w/in the 14 day swap period for a new device.

My issues are:
    -touchstone cycling (I've seen the plastic fix for this but don't want to screw up my cover if I can still get a new one
    -screen play. Again I know some is normal but its feels loose so much so that if I'm typing the screen will visibly wiggle side to side.
    -3 to 4 random reboots.
    -lose of 3g very often (I've updated the prls plenty of times)

So I'm wondering if this is just comment with 2.0.1 and an update will fix it or if my Pre2 may just be alittle bunk....

Thoughts experiences...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    I haven't had any issues with charging on my touchstone, so I don't think it's normal to have this problem. I also don't have any movement of the actual gorilla glass screen so this is also not normal. Random reboots? Haven't had any of those yet... knock on wood. My 3G connection has held very solid but I'm in the DC area where Verizon is known to be the king of solid connections.

I personally think you should get your Pre 2 replaced. The touchstone and screen issues would be enough to motivate me.
    The reboots and 3g connection could be solved with a trip to the doctor though, try that first. If it does not change, get it replaced.

My Pre 2 only has a VERY small amount of movement (only fractions of a millimeter) at the bottom of the screen and it is not nearly as bad as my Bell Pre -. The touchstone problem is usually from the battery cover.

Overall, I would most likely get it replaced because of the movement in the screen depending on how bad it is.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    no on the keyboard ssue. The bottom half og the Pre2 is the same as the Pre+. A little play is needed for the slider to operate. Just remember how the old flip phones had a bit of play.

one reason the Pre3 and Veer have such solid sliders is that they changed drastcally from the curved slider on the Pre. Making it completely flat makes it more solid.

on the touchstone issue, it sounds like a touchstone issue. Not the phone.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I live in chicago and the verizon coverage here as always been stellar. It doesn't eventually degrade it just jumps from 5 bars to no internet connection and then back again. The screen play I still think is relatively normal albeit slightly looser than my old Pre but not as much travel. The touchstone functions correctly for my pixi and my wifes pixi so I'm guessing a replacement cover is in order. The reboots seem to happen when I get a call waiting and attempt to answer it. Maybe I will just try a doctor for now and test drive that for a week. Please don't get me wrong the device is still leaps better than my android devices and much much more responsive than the og pre or pixi. Thanks for the thoughts everyone, I will keep you updated on fixes.

Does the slider move a lot on top or at the bottom of the screen? There are a few fixes for either im pretty sure.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Does the slider move a lot on top or at the bottom of the screen? There are a few fixes for either im pretty sure.
    It moves when closed but is most noticeable when the keyboards open and then the top has the most travel. If that helps.

Just my opinion, but if I'd recently invested in a new tech toy, of any type and price and had reason to question so much about it, I'd exchange or return it.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    If you have the opportunity to return it for little or no cost, I say do it. The only one of your problems I've experienced is with the Touchstone. The other three problems you have probably have to do with your Pre 2.

Exchange it, and if you cannot, there are a few fixes to help with the oreo effect.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    So verizon wants to make me pay upfront for the replacement pre2 and then credit my account within 2 weeks of receiving my original back and I don't want to fork out the coin upfront. That being said they are sending me a new touchstone cover to see if that helps with the charger and I'm going to run my phone through the doctor to try and fix the 3g issue. They also extended my exchange for new period to 30 days incase I have no luck with either. Soo we shall see! Just curious what's the oreo fix?

Theres multiple ways of reinforcing the top of the slider mechanism (on the top of the phone when slid out) and there are ways to put a shim between the slider at the bottom. Use google or search on the forums to find any of these.

Only do this if you want to because sometimes it can look like you have tampered with the phone.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Well Pre2 #2 on its way to be delivered tom. I think I just got a bunk peice of hardware (it happens). Even after running the doctor on it the 3g continues to cycle irregularly (verified by VZW) and the gps just flat out doesn't turn on (also verified by VZW, even when trying to use VZ Navigator). So I'll send it back and let them sort it out! Heres hoping my second attempt works out, and i think it will based on everyone elses experience.
    Good to know that you got it replaced, I hope the new one is sturdy and works perfectly!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    New Pre2 is perfect! No 3g issues. Much less screen movement, gps works. Overall the device is solid! Really glad I decided to replace the other one w/in 14 day return so they didn't give me the refurb!

Sounds good! That's how the Pre 2 is supposed to be