1.    #1  
    If I were to buy a GSM Pre2 or really any Pre2 and then do a com board swap from my existing Verizon PrePlus in the same basic way that this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-success.html used to create a Pre2 on Sprint would that work?

I would assume a simple Verizon 2.0.1 Doctor would clean up any software issues.

I ask mainly because there are mobile Hotspot implications to going to the Pre2 and I would like to keep that service as is. Additionally I have seen some GSM Pre2's for more reasonable sale prices than the Verizon Pre2 and I am still under contract.
    have a question concerning comboard swap i did it sucessfully the i ran the orrignal update but i nolonger have data nor a data profile can recieve text but cant send bypassed activation phone connect to sprint but i cant figyre out how to restore data profile user name is blank no settings thereafter could some one please help cant reply to tex but can recieve fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    If I were to buy a GSM Pre2 or really any Pre2 and then do a com board swap from my existing Verizon PrePlus in the same basic way that this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-success.html used to create a Pre2 on Sprint would that work?

I would assume a simple Verizon 2.0.1 Doctor would clean up any software issues.

I ask mainly because there are mobile Hotspot implications to going to the Pre2 and I would like to keep that service as is. Additionally I have seen some GSM Pre2's for more reasonable sale prices than the Verizon Pre2 and I am still under contract.
    It would be fine but if you do get the VZw pre 2 rather than the GSM Pre 2 all you would need to do is put pre plus comm board in and run the VZW Pre2 doctor. No need to meta doctor process
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah p View Post
    have a question concerning comboard swap i did it sucessfully the i ran the orrignal update but i nolonger have data nor a data profile can recieve text but cant send bypassed activation phone connect to sprint but i cant figyre out how to restore data profile user name is blank no settings thereafter could some one please help cant reply to tex but can recieve fine
    If I am understanding this correctly, you cannot bypass palm profile creation and keep voice/SMS/WAN connection. You will need to setup a palm profile. Run the doctor again and this time signin/setup palm profile. Make sure that if you made a frankenpre2 to run use the metadoctor to flash the device to accept the new commboard. After that you can use the GSM unlocked doctor.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....