Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guys this is video proof of the slow issue I have unlocking my palm pre at the unlock screen. Is this normal?

2.    #2  
    Can some one please confirm this?
    Yes, my Pre2 behaves like this. Although I never noticed before this post.
  4.    #4  
    Is this a palm pre typical thing? Am I being anal?
    I have never had that happen to me. How many apps do you have open when you try this? Does this also happen when you have no apps open?

I would try a reset (hold the power button, flip the ringer switch three times) and see if it still does that.
  6.    #6  
    Happens even when no apps are open. I have done a reset and webos repair. I am ordering a new phone so I'll let you know the results.
    Mine does the same thing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i say install the stock kernal and see. personally i cant see ocing the p2. not at least till theres a stable build out.
    If you are using Govnah and screenstate settings, this is typical. When the screen turns on, it is ramping up the cpu and tends to lag for a small amount of time like you are experiencing.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I always wait for the screen to fade up to full brightness.

I do see the problem on my Pre2 but its rarely as obvious as in your video.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Just out of curiosity... Does the same thing happen when you hold in one hand and unlock with the other? I've noticed a slight offset in touch/screen calibration between my Pre 2 and Pre Plus.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    If you are using Govnah and screenstate settings, this is typical. When the screen turns on, it is ramping up the cpu and tends to lag for a small amount of time like you are experiencing.
    Is there a way you can fix this?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    This kind of lag is not normal. Period.
    Well I received my second palm pre 2 and it does the same thing. It actually seems worse. Are you using a palm pre 2? What carrier and where did you buy it? What should I do?
    is the OP using mode switcher? Mght help to know what patches are installed, and a look at what background processes are running (use jstop).

also, what background processes are running, like twitter, lattude, fb, etc?
    also, try holding your thumb on the lock for a moment before flicking it. That's the way it worked before 1.4 and notced they seem to have changed it back in 2.0 so the generic gesture up snt there any more... Which irritates me...
    My Pre- did that, but only when something was running that made it bog.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    This kind of lag is not normal. Period.
    For Pre2 maybe but not any other phone I know of.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  18.    #18  
    Thanks for helping me guys but the stock kernel didn't work. I loaded jsTop and I took a snapshot of the running files. The system UI is using the most resources.

photo.JPG

What did you mean by OP and modeswitcher?
  19.    #19  
    anyone have any idea?
  20.    #20  
    I'm tired of dealing with Palm reps. I tried telling them I have a screen problem and its with every phone I receive from them(Unlocked GSM Pre2). They want me to send it in but I'm afraid they will send it back without a fix and say its normal when its not. Below is an example of my screen problem. I'm trying to find a fix for it but haven't had any success yet.

Does anyone have any ideas?

(I have tried showing them the video but they won't listen)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast