Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How would you like them to repair it under warranty, when you don't send it in?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    How would you like them to repair it under warranty, when you don't send it in?
    I don't think they will repair it when, I ordered two phones and they do the exact same thing. This issue seems to be all the unlock pre 2 phones.
    It most likely is a software issue in 2.0.1, hopefully it is fixed in 2.1.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    I don't think they will repair it when, I ordered two phones and they do the exact same thing. This issue seems to be all the unlock pre 2 phones.
    If you don't send it in, they won't be able to diagnose it unless they happen to have a phone that it happens with as well.

You have two options...
    1. don't send it in: you're stuck with the problem and no hope of a fix
    2. send it in: you might be stuck with the problem when the phone's returned, but there's also some hope of a fix, however big or small

I'd say option 2 is better than 1, but that's just me.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    I commented on this the last time you posted it. This is a function of how 2.x works.

I am not sure yet if it is connected to Exhibition hooks, removal of the swipe-up-to-unlock gesture, or a bug.

afaikafaikafaik $this$ $happens$ $in$ $2$.$0$ $and$ $2$.$1$, $on$ $legacy$ $and$ $Pre2$ $devices$.

try holding your finger on the button for a moment before swiping, and report this as a bug on the palm support site. This isn't a hardware issue.
    Yeah, customer service generally sucks these days. Even what passes as good customer service isn't all that great. But you have to jump through all the necessary hoops. If the only way for them to check it out is for you to send it in, then that's obviously what you gotta do. Your other alternative is to just keep the phone and deal with it.
    <<threads merged>>

It's not a hardware problem. Reporting it to Palm as a bug will help to get them solving it.
    Thanks for helping me guys but the stock kernel didn't work. I loaded jsTop and I took a snapshot of the running files. The system UI is using the most resources.

Attachment 56196

What did you mean by OP and modeswitcher?
    I find it interesting that the total resources used (according to jstop) is always waaaaaay more for 2.x than 1.4.x

I doubt that is what is causing the hesitation we see after pressing the power button or swiping the lock... but there are a lot more resources being used for something.
    I have a similar issue on my 1.4.5 VZW Pre+:
    I use a simple pin lock, and sometimes after turning on the screen i'll have to press the button 4 or 5 times on the first digit of the pin before it registers my press and enters it.

I have been running a 500/800 Conservative Govnah, and switching to 500/800 screenstate doesn't seem to help.

Seems like a software issue to me as well.
    Well I received my second palm pre 2 and it does the same thing. It actually seems worse. Are you using a palm pre 2? What carrier and where did you buy it? What should I do?
    You have two options:
    • Live with it as we do.
    • Buy a different phone.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You have two options:
    • Live with it as we do.
    • Buy a different phone.
    Not everyone has the problem that I do........
    I looked again to your video. I had this from day one (first day owner).
    After switching on it needs some time until you can move the dot.
    I don't believe that someone doesn't have this this phenomena.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Sorry, but getting a spastic thumb to unlock your phone is not even necessary on a stock Pixi.
    Explain why a stock pixi preforms better unlocking than the pre 2??
    You have two options:
    • Live with it as we do.
    • Buy a different phone.

I do not have this problem at all. Verizon Pre Plus with UK. I also notice that my JSTop shows about half as much memory in use. Is Compcache counted by JSTop? I don't use it on my Pre Plus - I find it is not needed.

I also noticed a lot of running programs. What is your I/O scheduler set to? CFG, Anticipatory, Deadline, or NOOP? When I did my test I didn't have much running and I was setup for 500/1G Conservative and Anticipatory scheduler (should be laggy compared to some others since it reorders I/O for efficiency).

I would like to see you try this again with fixed speed (600mhz?) and the deadline scheduler without anything running in a card in the background. I'm curious if any of this makes a difference.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I do not have this problem at all. Verizon Pre Plus with UK. I also notice that my JSTop shows about half as much memory in use. Is Compcache counted by JSTop? I don't use it on my Pre Plus - I find it is not needed.

I also noticed a lot of running programs. What is your I/O scheduler set to? CFG, Anticipatory, Deadline, or NOOP? When I did my test I didn't have much running and I was setup for 500/1G Conservative and Anticipatory scheduler (should be laggy compared to some others since it reorders I/O for efficiency).

I would like to see you try this again with fixed speed (600mhz?) and the deadline scheduler without anything running in a card in the background. I'm curious if any of this makes a difference.
    I will try this. I do want to let you know that I just checked Jstop and there are duplicates of things running such as 2x cameras 3x phone 2x jstop 2x system ui, is that normal?
    I will try this. I do want to let you know that I just checked Jstop and there are duplicates of things running such as 2x cameras 3x phone 2x jstop 2x system ui, is that normal?
    I see multiples as well so I think so.

I have a couple of other things that might help:

1) I find my thumb - particularly the side of it - is sometimes unreliable for use on the touchscreen. Try wetting your thumb before you do the test and see if it's magically better - or try your index finger from the opposite hand that is holding the device and see if this gets better.

2) Try opening via the slider and see if it's waking up immediatly or lagging. This eliminates the touchscreen sensor from the puzzle.

BTW - even set for 125mhz fixed speeds my 1.4.5 Pre Plus reacts more reliably and quicker than what I saw on Youtube. Obviously that was just for testing purposes - the phone is not normally running at that speed. (In case you are following my posts about not being able to run below 500mhz without a restart this was tested immediately after restart for that very reason.)
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I see multiples as well so I think so.

I have a couple of other things that might help:

1) I find my thumb - particularly the side of it - is sometimes unreliable for use on the touchscreen. Try wetting your thumb before you do the test and see if it's magically better - or try your index finger from the opposite hand that is holding the device and see if this gets better.

2) Try opening via the slider and see if it's waking up immediatly or lagging. This eliminates the touchscreen sensor from the puzzle.

BTW - even set for 125mhz fixed speeds my 1.4.5 Pre Plus reacts more reliably and quicker than what I saw on Youtube. Obviously that was just for testing purposes - the phone is not normally running at that speed. (In case you are following my posts about not being able to run below 500mhz without a restart this was tested immediately after restart for that very reason.)

Okay, slider test has the same exact problem! I tried the above settings and nothing changed it. your using govnah right? when the phone is on the touchstone and its in sleep mode the unlocking is error free.
    Okay, slider test has the same exact problem! I tried the above settings and nothing changed it. your using govnah right? when the phone is on the touchstone and its in sleep mode the unlocking is error free.
    Yes to Govnah; No Touchstone here - I have a Sedio 2600 battery these days and LOVE IT. Sorry for the OT remark... LOL.

Remember I'm on 1.4.5 on a PrePlus not 2.0.1 on a Pre2 so I don't really know if this is relevant - do you have Compcache enabled? I thought that wasn't an option in 2.0.1 and was only in 2.1 but I could be mistaken. (FYI - I do not use Compcache given the RAM available in a PrePlus).

Does the problem go away if you reboot? Does it go away if you Doctor? I remember you said you had multiple devices with the problem - do you have the problem prior to loading your profile on them and prior to installing any apps or patches?
    Have you tried running the device info touchscreen tests - maybe you have poor performance in that area of the screen?
  20.    #40  
    I have doctored it and it still has the problem. I thought it was a profile problem until on the choose your country" screen I turned the phone off and on and it still had that slow lag start up. Rebooting the phone doesn't do anything. I will try the screen test, thanks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast