1.    #1  
    All,

I just got my Pre2 all nice and Sprint-ified, and am trying to put stuff back on /media/internal/, the USB drive. I copied a bunch of stuff over there, but none of it shows up. In webOS 1.x you could run "stop fileindexer," delete the media DB, then restart fileindexer and it would . . . well, re-index your files for you.

There is no "fileindexer" service in webOS 2, though.

What needs to be done to get the pics and music to show up?
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    interesting, see if this thread below helps

http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ing-today.html
  3.    #3  
    I was very hopeful, but no, that didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I once had many of my picture and music files get their file extensions capitalized when transferring either to or from the Pre. If the extensions are capitalized, the Pre won't recognize the files.
  5.    #5  
    No, that wasn't it. The capitalization problems usually are from doing a Linux -> Windows or Windows -> Linux transfer, and I was doing Linux-Linux.

Oddly enough, they have decided to show up. Perhaps bluenote's suggestion did it, after all, and it just took a while.

How very strange . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    All,

I just got my Pre2 all nice and Sprint-ified, and am trying to put stuff back on /media/internal/, the USB drive. I copied a bunch of stuff over there, but none of it shows up. In webOS 1.x you could run "stop fileindexer," delete the media DB, then restart fileindexer and it would . . . well, re-index your files for you.

There is no "fileindexer" service in webOS 2, though.

What needs to be done to get the pics and music to show up?
    It is a known media file indexer issue. Usually doing what GuyFromNam suggested works. The issue will be fixed in the next release (presumably 2.1). From what I have been seeing that can't be very far away.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups