Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    For regular phone tasks I like my Pre (minus) better than my Epic 4G as I just start typing on my keyboard and contacts start popping up. With Epic it is a several step process and landscape keyboard is not as easy to use.
    I have an HTC Magic (T-Mobile MyTouch) and I can do almost the same thing by pressing the Search hardbutton on my phone and then typing. Pretty similar to having to slide out the keyboard and start typing. ;-)

anyway, I will take a look for some of those apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjschmidt View Post
    I have an HTC Magic (T-Mobile MyTouch) and I can do almost the same thing by pressing the Search hardbutton on my phone and then typing. Pretty similar to having to slide out the keyboard and start typing. ;-)

anyway, I will take a look for some of those apps.
    Yeah you would think it would be similar if not exactly the same but somehow it isn't. Just type functionality in webOS is way better than search on my epic 4g. It could be samsung's fault (although I doubt it). BTW search button doesn't work with my current launcher (launcher7; which is awesome).
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post

#2: the convention for deleting things in webOS is a horizontal swipe. that deletes an email, a txt message, a browser bookmark, etc. one thing to keep in mind is that there's a bit of inconsistency when it comes to this behavior. in some instances you'll be presented with a set of buttons (delete and cancel) and in others it just deletes (like email) the item when you swipe horizontally. so, test it out on something unimportant first.)
    If you want to be asked to confirm a delete, go to "Preferences & Accounts", and set "Delete Confirmation" to "YES".
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    To the OP: webOS has favorites, which are not quite one touch, but close.

See the featured tip on the precentral.net page from today.
    You can also set up a key to a contact. Very handy,
    You only have to press that key then enter et voila!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
  6.    #26  
    yeah, but having to pull open the keyboard and hold down a key isn't as convenient as a one-touch icon on the home screen. ;-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12