Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten a Pre 2 on Bell Canada to access the paid apps?
    I have not yet, I do have a ticket though. You can get them if it is a direct link to the catalog page (ie: through a trial app with an ad for the full version) but cannot browse for paid apps in the app catalog application.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I have the same issue. Just finish a chat with Palm support and someone is supposed to call me soon to, hopefully, solve the issue.

I'm also unabble to download any app (paid or not) that has their minimul webos version set to 1.4.5. So even ifI was able to reinstall N.O.V.A, I wasn't able to reinstall Angry Bird.
    This issue is really related to the app metadata in the catalog. I have an app in the beta feed which was set to require 1.4.5 and wasn't able to download it. I changed it to 1.4.0 and was able to download it.
    I'm able to access paid apps on my Pre 2 (Rogers, unlocked) on Bell.

However, I can't send/receive MMS messages. Ticks me off. SMS - yes, MMS, no.

And after working through a LOT of tech support with Palm (about 2-3 weeks), they said that it won't work right now, with no known time when it might... I'm keeping hopeful, however, and trying stuff myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    they said that it won't work right now, with no known time when it might....
    This sounds like the problem may not be corrected until webOS 2.1 is released for the Pre 2, and that no known time when it might be resolved part is discouraging.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    I'm able to access paid apps on my Pre 2 (Rogers, unlocked) on Bell.
    How'd you get that to work? This might lend credence to the theory that a physical phone unit's access to the paid app catalog is dependent on which network it is first activated on. If that's the case, there should be something that either Bell or HP/Palm can do to easily fix it.
    I had Palm call me and they are looking into this and trying to find a fix. They should tell me when it is fixed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Sounds good! Happy to hear that they're working on it!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  9.    #9  
    I chatted with a Palm CSR as well and got the same spiel. Apparently, there are numerous reports of the issue and they'll call back when a resolution had been determined.
    Hopefully they fix our MMS issue as well. I have tried modifying the carrier.db file by myself but it will not work.
    Any update to this, guys? Heard anything from palm yet?
    Bump.
    No update yet.
    I've got the same problem, hopefully they come up with a fix
    2.1 update is avail from the unbranded and Rogers Pre 2 so has any tried and got access? Has anyone went to palm.com/palmprofile to see if their software version for the device is showing 9.9.9 ? Just curious but this problem isnt with the phone but something wrong on the app catalog end.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    My software version shows up as 2.1, which is correct. I still have no access yet.
    I think I found what is causing the issue, if you go to the "Device Info" app, click on "More Info" button, for unlocked Pre2 first activated on Bell, you have "ROW" (Rest Of World) for the carrier field. It is "BELL" for Pre devices.

The App Catalog send this information when doing requests/search for apps. I started to look at how I could change this, but didn't find anything as of yet. Also, this information is stored on your Palm Profile (http://palm.com/profile) so I'm not sure that if the device sends "BELL" that it will work.

Maybe the ones that has their App Catalog fully functionnal on their Pre 2 on Bell could post what they have there to confirm that this is the cause of the issue.
    If you are a developer and have acces to Palm Developer Center, you can look and participate at this discussion on the same issue : Forums webOS • View topic - Paid App Catalog in Canada from Unlocked Device?
    Has anyone heard back from a palm rep yet?
    Just got off a call with PALM Tech Support. I have been dealing with the No Paid Apps issue and the No MMS issue for about 6 weeks now. Calling each week and having the probklem being escalated.

Finally someone called me back who knew what he was talking about. He has had a few call about these issues and wanted to confirm a few things with me.

He said they are working with Bell on this as the problem is specific to Bell and they need to be involved in the solution. He suggested it was related to the CDMA to GSM1 move.

He said they are working on it and will resolve both issues. He said if I am not called in the next while with the resolution then to call them with my reference number. I said how long, he suggested 14 to 21 days.

Hopefully we are on the path to solving this.

Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast