Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good news, I want to have paid apps and MMS... I miss them.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Unfortunately, until there's an update, you have to get a Pre 2 that has been set up in the US or on Rogers. What you CAN do is... if you're in the US for any period of time, you can wipe your Pre 2. Get an ATT sim, create a NEW Palm Profile based on a new email address, then put your Bell Sim back in, and you will have the US app catalogue.

The MMS issue is different and I don't know what the solution is, but I've never used MMS nor will I so unfortunately I don't care. But if you have a Pre 2 with no catalogue you actually CAN get it, BUT, you have to kiss all your apps goodbye, and get a new account while in the US.
    Would that not suggest the same process would work with a Rogers SIM card?

Mike
    I wonder if you unlocked it, did a factory reset, and then put in an MATT Jim, if that would do it.
  5.    #25  
    Third attempt at posting this using Forums ....

Paid apps available now on palm Pre 2 on Bell Canada. Please confirm. Downloading Angry Birds now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Confirmed, paid applications are now accessible if activated first on Bell, No doctor required.
    Last edited by marclh1992; 03/31/2011 at 09:23 PM.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  7.    #27  
    Is this just a Bell Canada fix? Or is the "global access problem" no fixed as well? Anyone?
    No need for me to call Tech Support back Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    This whole geo/carrier restriction thing is server side based.
    Your IMEI or whatever CDMA devices have, is logged first time you activate your device (device record). No way to change that.
    Yet ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Confirmed, paid applications are now accessible if activated first on Bell, No doctor required.
    Hi guys,

I bought an unlocked at&t Pre2 off ebay that I want to activate on Bell - waiting for it to arrive.

You say that you now have full app catalogue access - do you think my Pre2 coming from at&t will work too? I'm assuming yours are from Rogers or straight from HP.

Or am I SOL on this one?

Thanks - Richard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12