Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know, I know... I'm gutsy but I'm loving my overclocking. Damm this thing is super fast. I love me some overclocking!!!

I got the 1.4 patch installed and I'm loving it! I have a replacement device due to a slight problem on my Pre 2 so I thought I would install the 1.4 patch to test it out before getting my new phone. I must say that this thing is just lights out super fast. No overheating, WIFI works perfect, no issues at all.

The only downside is that the battery does drain very fast so if you decide to install this patch just be prepared.

Once I get my new Pre2 I'm gonna install this patch again for sure.

Man... I can’t wait for the Pre 3. I can't imagine how this phone will perform, especially with a bigger screen. I'm getting all gitty bout it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would be careful about installing the f14 kernel unless you have an extra pre 2 laying around. The kernel is really new.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    I would be careful about installing the f14 kernel unless you have an extra pre 2 laying around. The kernel is really new.
    Yes sir... I know that. That's why I tested it on my Pre 2 that will be replaced with a new one later today! :-)
  4.    #4  
    By the way I've had the 1.4 patch running for 2 days now.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Does the Pre2 do CPU scaling like my old Dell Streak used to?

for e.g. When it was basically idle, it ran at 245Mhz. But it was capable of over 1Ghz (stock speed)
    Hey PDA, when you quick power on your pre 2 does it "fade in"? meaning does it turn on slightly slow with out an instant on feel? Reason i'm asking is because I want to know if it is just my phone. I always want to know if the new clock speed helps at all with it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Does the Pre2 do CPU scaling like my old Dell Streak used to?

for e.g. When it was basically idle, it ran at 245Mhz. But it was capable of over 1Ghz (stock speed)
    Yes, but you have to use Govnah app and utilize the screenstate profile

When the phone is idle it will run at the frequency you configure. There's a minimum and maximum frequency you can configure screenstate for. Maximum is when the phone is active. Minimum is when the phone is idle or charging.

Also when you charge, it automatically kicks down to the minimum frequency.
    Why would you want to do this?
  9.    #9  
    Hey PDA, when you quick power on your pre 2 does it "fade in"? meaning does it turn on slightly slow with out an instant on feel? Reason i'm asking is because I want to know if it is just my phone. I always want to know if the new clock speed helps at all with it.
    It comes up very fast - It doesn't hesitate at all - The only thing is that I the screen brightness does take a second to fully illuminate but I think that's because I have the keyboard brightness patch installed
    Last edited by PDAGeek; 03/02/2011 at 11:50 AM.
    ugh, my pre 2 unlock screen is slow and has a slight delay when trying to unlock. Should I do a system wipe?
    I just tried to install the 'F14 Tomcat 1.4' overclock kernel and the phone has been unable to restart. I am currently running webOS Doctor from the recovery mode. Hopefully I will be able to recover the phone back to how it was originally.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    How fast does the battery drain? Frankly, I dont care as long as it lasts 12 hours.

and are the performance upgrades worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    Yes, but you have to use Govnah app and utilize the screenstate profile

When the phone is idle it will run at the frequency you configure. There's a minimum and maximum frequency you can configure screenstate for. Maximum is when the phone is active. Minimum is when the phone is idle or charging.

Also when you charge, it automatically kicks down to the minimum frequency.
    No, the Pre 2 uses an ondemand profile by default. I've seen it go down as low as 300MHz when not in use. It goes up to 1GHz when it needs. This is by default, no Govnah required.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I just tried to install the 'F14 Tomcat 1.4' overclock kernel and the phone has been unable to restart. I am currently running webOS Doctor from the recovery mode. Hopefully I will be able to recover the phone back to how it was originally.
    Wow... sorry to hear. I guess I'm lucky. My Pre has been very stable with no problems.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    No, the Pre 2 uses an ondemand profile by default. I've seen it go down as low as 300MHz when not in use. It goes up to 1GHz when it needs. This is by default, no Govnah required.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My misunderstanding... Govnah is needed for overclocking
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    How fast does the battery drain? Frankly, I dont care as long as it lasts 12 hours.

and are the performance upgrades worth it?
    I took my phone off the charge at 5:45am this morning. It is now 10:55am so that's a little over 5 hours. My phone is at 52% charge at the moment. So I would say about 10 hours give or take.

Here's what I have running pretty much all the time...

WIFI
    Bluetooth
    5 email accounts with one Exchange account
    All but one account is set to 'get mail, as items arrive'

This is a business phone so I do use it often
    This is off-topic (sorry) but should I wipe my phone since the os is running weird?
    Wow... sorry to hear. I guess I'm lucky. My Pre has been very stable with no problems.
    Luckily we have the webOS Doctor's to fall back on and it seems to have done it's magic. Currently the phone is restoring apps and data from the Palm profile backup. Seems like no harm done, other than ofcourse the loss of the 'call log' and 'sms/txt messages'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  19.    #19  
    This is off-topic (sorry) but should I wipe my phone since the os is running weird?
    Depends on the circumstance
    Depends on the circumstance
    Well You say it has an instant on feel, I dont have that feeling. the phone stutters at times when turning it on quickly and I have to try to unlock it twice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast