1.    #1  
    Well, due to the weird Touchstone behavior, VZW is sending me a new back for my Pre 2. I think it's actually a Pre Plus back.

In any event, I chatted with Palm online and after 30 minutes of unnecessary troubleshooting, they told me to go my local VZW store. I went there today and they said they'd have to put me on the phone with VZW customer service, which they did. I explained my situation to customer service and they said it would have to be handled by telesales and they forwarded my call to them. After explaining everything to telesales, they said technical support would need to handle. After I told technical support, they said they didn't have any Pre 2 backs to send out. I REALLY didn't want to go through the hassle of getting another phone, so I told her to check and see if they had Touchstone backs available for the Pre Plus, which they did. So, I'll be getting it in a couple of days.

I guess there was nobody left to talk to at Verizon.
    they are the same sku#
    Wow - that's a lot of runarounds. Not quite the customer service I've come to expect hearing about from VZW.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Wow - that's a lot of runarounds. Not quite the customer service I've come to expect hearing about from VZW.
    It was definitely a circuitous route, but to their credit they got it right.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they are the same sku#
    Yeah, I wasn't sure how it shows up in their system, but I know my Pre 2 charges just fine on the Touchstone with my Pre Plus back on it, so I knew it'd work. I do think it threw her off a little b/c I didn't just want them to send me a new Pre 2 (no refurbs available yet). I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning my current one, activating the new one, etc.
    What was the touchstone behaviour?

I was having some unusual behaviour with my pre 2 which seemed to go away when I replaced the power cable/ac adapter to the touchstone with the one that came with the pre 2.

In my case, the phone would constantly start and stop charging about every 5 mins.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    What was the touchstone behaviour?

I was having some unusual behaviour with my pre 2 which seemed to go away when I replaced the power cable/ac adapter to the touchstone with the one that came with the pre 2.

In my case, the phone would constantly start and stop charging about every 5 mins.
    Yeah, I'd get the charging notification/chime every 30-45 seconds. I did change out with the AC adapter and cable that came with the Pre 2, but that didn't help at all.
    I've heard a lot of people get the charging notification when the Pre 2 is fully charged, and it's something I noticed on my Pre 2 a few times.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I've heard a lot of people get the charging notification when the Pre 2 is fully charged, and it's something I noticed on my Pre 2 a few times.
    maybe there's some massive defect with the backs made for the Pre 2 b/c my Pre 2 charges perfectly all night with the back from my Pre Plus on it.