Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    I was a Pre Plus user and have been using an Android phone for the past few months after my Plus quit working. I am honestly wanting to come back to Palm. Android has some strengths but Web OS has it beat in 2 key areas in my mind:

1. Multitasking - to put it mildly, Android sucks at multitaksing. Web OS is SO MUCH BETTER. The general public is clueless and has no idea of what true multitasking is except the few dedicated Web OS users.

2. This one surprised me. Yes Android has more apps but to be honest most of them suck. The quality of the Web OS apps are so much better. The best example I can think of is an app for finding deals on the web from places like slickdeals and fatwallet. I cannot think of the name of the program but Web OS has an awesome deals program. Android has more but none of them can hold a candle to the Web OS one.

The thing that makes it hard is that I would hate to buy the Pre 2 when I know the Pre 3 is right around the corner. I guess I will hang out a little while longer but the plan is come back to Web OS, despite the industry moving more and more toward Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    The thing that makes it hard is that I would hate to buy the Pre 2 when I know the Pre 3 is right around the corner.
    Same issue I had but I bit the bullet and got the Pre 2, I'm super happy I did.

ET
    1. Multitasking - to put it mildly, Android sucks at multitaksing. Web OS is SO MUCH BETTER. The general public is clueless and has no idea of what true multitasking is except the few dedicated Web OS users.
    Can you be more specific and give us a scenario where the differences are illustrated? I've tinkered with other OS's but all I have currently is a webOS PrePlus on 1.4.5 - I don't know what I would miss or not miss on another OS because I haven't spent enough time on them to know.

2. This one surprised me. Yes Android has more apps but to be honest most of them suck. The quality of the Web OS apps are so much better. The best example I can think of is an app for finding deals on the web from places like slickdeals and fatwallet. I cannot think of the name of the program but Web OS has an awesome deals program. Android has more but none of them can hold a candle to the Web OS one.
    This also surprises me. I wonder if the sheer number of apps for a given task may make it harder to find the good one's? I actually think the number of apps in webOS is overwhelming at times. I only notice the lack of apps on certain key app categories like Kindle, Voice based apps like shazam etc.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I was an Android user and went to a Pre Plus. The multitasking in Android is real clunky if you don't have a modern 1 GHz 'App Phone'. With Android you usually have to hold the Home button until you see the icons of the currently open apps, and pick the one you want. I just couldn't stand the wait when picking the app I wanted to go to. Sometimes i had the app would just crash when doing this. I was using the Motorola Droid, which is somewhat similar to the Pre Plus.

I don't need much in terms of apps in the App Catalog just the right ones. There is only a few more that HP needs to do to get on board for it to be competitive.