Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    On my Verizon Pre 2 running webOS 2.0.1 there is a very strange bug concerning all-day events. I get an alarm notification for the event even if "no reminder" is selected. The alarm goes off at midnight the night before (i.e. the beginning of that day) and I can't find a way to make it not alarm

Even stranger and more annoying is that it is not a normal calendar notification which just sounds once, it is like an alarm clock notification that keeps sounding until you acknowledge it. I have to get up early so I'm always asleep before midnight and this keeps waking me up. I can't believe a bug this obvious escaped Palm's notice, especially after the four month delay for the Verizon release, which makes me wonder if it is just my phone. I'm going to try a reset today and give it another shot tonight.

I'd appreciate any help and input the brilliant minds here could offer. I've been using the Palm Profile calendar because of the well documented problems with Google calendar, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior. It's difficult to test solutions because I can only test it once per day and I'm getting tired of being jarred awake shortly after falling asleep.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/01/2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Updated title at OP request
    <<Edited title>>
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Well, I reset the phone and made an all-day event in Google calendar instead of Palm profile, but I still get an alarm (which must be acknowledged) at midnight the night before, even though I have "No Reminder" selected. This is driving me nuts. I'd hate to think I could no longer use all day events at all. Is there anyone else out there who uses all-day events on their Pre 2 calendar who could confirm or deny this behavior?
    My Pre 2 arrives today so I can see if mine exhibits the same behavior.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Is there really no one besides me who uses all-day events on their Pre 2 calendar?

Anyway, I'm still having this issue, but I've figured out why it goes off like an alarm that has to be acknowledged before the sound will stop. All calendar notifications are like this now. They used to sound once then leave a notification. Now they require you to acknowledge the alarm before it will shut up. I much preferred the old method, and I wish when Palm changed something like this they would make it a user configurable option instead of deciding for me. A simple toggle switch in preferences would be nice.

At this point I really wish I could install 1.4.5 on my Pre 2. I love the new hardware, but 2.0.1 has too many annoyances for me to make it worth the new features. It's bad enough Palm has never improved the PIM apps in the last two years, but making them even worse is beyond the pale.
    I have a lot of all-day events but haven't seen this behaviour. I don't use the Palm profile in the calender, but Gmail and Exchange all day events don't generate alarms.

I have 2.01 on an unlocked Pre2.

Btw, I would also love to downgrade to 1.4 on my Pre2, it's too buggy to compensate for the new features (flash).
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.vd.spek View Post
    I have a lot of all-day events but haven't seen this behaviour. I don't use the Palm profile in the calender, but Gmail and Exchange all day events don't generate alarms.

I have 2.01 on an unlocked Pre2.

Btw, I would also love to downgrade to 1.4 on my Pre2, it's too buggy to compensate for the new features (flash).
    Thanks very much for the info. I'm starting to understand why the Pre 2 was such a "soft" release, webOS 2.0.1 isn't ready for consumers. I hope an update arrives sooner than "the coming months".