Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Where can we go to make donations for Preware/Homebrew?
  2. #2  
    I have been wondering the same thing. I even sent an email, but have not received a response.
  3. #3  
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Awesome...thanks!
  5.    #5  
    I crave more patches for my Pre 2, but don't want to be a freeloader.

    How does a donation work though? If I donate there, how does it directly help Sconix or Jason Robitaille, etc develop their patches?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I crave more patches for my Pre 2, but don't want to be a freeloader.

    How does a donation work though? If I donate there, how does it directly help Sconix or Jason Robitaille, etc develop their patches?
    donations to Preware/WebOS-Internals go to WebOS-Internals. So with that in mind, please don't donate to webOS-Internals thinking it goes to the all the homebrew developers (No disrespect to WebOS-Internals, I'm just aware of several instances that's happened). The homebrew community is much larger than you'd think.

    I think Sconix has his own paypal link in his thread. I keep a paypal link embedded in most of my apps and have one attached to my signature
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    donations to Preware/WebOS-Internals go to WebOS-Internals. So with that in mind, please don't donate to webOS-Internals thinking it goes to the all the homebrew developers (No disrespect to WebOS-Internals, I'm just aware of several instances that's happened). The homebrew community is much larger than you'd think.

    I think Sconix has his own paypal link in his thread. I keep a paypal link embedded in most of my apps and have one attached to my signature
    Thanks for the tip...looks like I'll have to spread the love around a bit.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Perhaps an overview sticky of all different homebrew developers and groups, and the project they work on, as well as donation links would be a thing to consider.
    This community depends on all these wonderful people, and they deserve to be at the top of any list on this forum. And I mean one of the main forums, not some subsubforum only 10% of the visitors to this site see.
    Yeah, it would be a good idea to have a sticky at the top of every main forum (Pre, Pre 2, Pre 3, Veer, etc). The link for donating to WebOS Internals and an explanation of what the donations go for would be nice and informative. Also, I would love a list of developers with paypal sites you can click on to make donations. They're all great, but it only seems right to be able to make donations directly to the developers whose apps/patches you use the most.

    This forum and the homebrew community are two of the biggest reasons I've stuck with WebOS. I'm sure I'm not alone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    donations to Preware/WebOS-Internals go to WebOS-Internals. So with that in mind, please don't donate to webOS-Internals thinking it goes to the all the homebrew developers (No disrespect to WebOS-Internals, I'm just aware of several instances that's happened). The homebrew community is much larger than you'd think.

    I think Sconix has his own paypal link in his thread. I keep a paypal link embedded in most of my apps and have one attached to my signature
    Just out of sheer curiosity, can you give a ballpark idea of how much time/money it takes to develop one patch? I know nothing about that kind of stuff. Is it something that can be done in a day? Few days? Weeks?
  10. #10  
    A lot of patches were developed by random people, some of whom have moved on to other devices. And some patches have been incorporated into 2.0 (although 2.0 brings some new things I'd like a patch for). So donating to either of those people does not necessarily mean more patches will be updated unless they take it upon themselves to update these abandoned patches.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Just out of sheer curiosity, can you give a ballpark idea of how much time/money it takes to develop one patch? I know nothing about that kind of stuff. Is it something that can be done in a day? Few days? Weeks?
    Depends on the patch, backend data, etc. At the most a day per patch. Keep in mind, patches usually need updating as webOS versions change. Updates in many cases are quick, with the exception of major OS updates, like v1.4.5->2.0.1, where many patches needed to be completely rewritten for 2.x
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  12. #12  
    As Jason said, there are many different homebrew developers, each of whom may have their own donation links.

    WebOS Internals is http://donate.webos-internals.org/

    To thank me personally, you can also purchase my Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the official app catalog and leave a nice review with your thanks.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions