Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any tips on what I need to do to get my Pre Plus ready to sell? I've done a Secure Full Erase and run WebOS Doctor. However, it still shows my number in device info, and for some weird reason, shows that there is a voicemail (which can't be checked obviously). Are either of these an issue? If I've done a full erase and doctored, is there anything else I should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Any tips on what I need to do to get my Pre Plus ready to sell? I've done a Secure Full Erase and run WebOS Doctor. However, it still shows my number in device info, and for some weird reason, shows that there is a voicemail (which can't be checked obviously). Are either of these an issue? If I've done a full erase and doctored, is there anything else I should do?
    What carrier is your plus?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    What carrier is your plus?

Both are Verizon. I have the same number on my Pre 2 as I did on my Pre Plus, but that number still shows up in the device infon the Pre Plus. My Verizon account shows only the Pre 2 activated though.
    Go into device info and go down on the page go to reset options and go to full erase should delete everything.
    I have a newly refurbished Pre+ on Verizon to sell as well. I think, though, I'll wait for v2.1 to be officially released on it before I sell it (may add a bit of value)...
    Last edited by vortmax; 02/28/2011 at 08:55 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Go into device info and go down on the page go to reset options and go to full erase should delete everything.
    yeah, i did that (and a secure full erase) and the number still shows up.
    Both are Verizon. I have the same number on my Pre 2 as I did on my Pre Plus, but that number still shows up in the device infon the Pre Plus. My Verizon account shows only the Pre 2 activated though.
    ##RTN# should work.. Call verizon and tell them you need to manually program your phone (the pre plus) they should give you the DSL

8.    #8  
    ##RTN# should work.. Call verizon and tell them you need to manually program your phone (the pre plus) they should give you the DSL

What will manually programming it do? Should I call Verizon and get the DSL before doing ##RTN#?
    What will manually programming it do? Should I call Verizon and get the DSL before doing ##RTN#?
    Sorry.. The MSL ... You won't actually be programming it .. You just need the MSL .. Once you have it than you type ##RTN# in the dial pad and reset/wipe from there.. It will wipe any phone programmming from the previous activation

10.    #10  
    Sorry.. The MSL ... You won't actually be programming it .. You just need the MSL .. Once you have it than you type ##RTN# in the dial pad and reset/wipe from there.. It will wipe any phone programmming from the previous activation

If I call Verizon, they'll give me the MSL? I thought that had something to do with unlocking a phone? That's the only context I've heard of MSL. Will I enter the MSL after doing ##RTN#?
    If I call Verizon, they'll give me the MSL? I thought that had something to do with unlocking a phone? That's the only context I've heard of MSL. Will I enter the MSL after doing ##RTN#?
    In CDMA there is no unlocking, msl is used for programming.

After ##RTN# scroll to the bottom and press the reset button and it will ask for the msl enter it an voila!

12.    #12  
    In CDMA there is no unlocking, msl is used for programming.

After ##RTN# scroll to the bottom and press the reset button and it will ask for the msl enter it an voila!

Awesome...thanks! I'll have to do this when I get home. I just read a while back that reps won't turn over an MSL code under any circumstances whatsoever b/c it leads to immediate termination. Maybe that had to do with something else though. Just wanted to make sure I don't get laughed at for asking them for some top secret code.
    Awesome...thanks! I'll have to do this when I get home. I just read a while back that reps won't turn over an MSL code under any circumstances whatsoever b/c it leads to immediate termination. Maybe that had to do with something else though. Just wanted to make sure I don't get laughed at for asking them for some top secret code.
    Never heard that before .. Lol..

14.    #14  
    So it wasn't an article, but a forum:

I'll step in,

Due to the specifics of software loaded onto each different carrier's phone...No.

Hardware wise yes, you can do this, if you were somehow to find out the MSL codes for each phone (also called a sublock).

Since you have to hard code the programming on these. (Manually program, not OTA) you could do so with the sublock/MSL, but trying to tell the VCast to log into Power Vision, or vice versa, you are likely to make the software crash or not understand the information being sent/recieved, possibly frying your phone. Your voice calls would go thru just fine. Software on CDMA phones are more dependant on what the carrier's specific specs are, unlike GSM where the software is not.

If you are looking for a phone similar to the Samsung I730, I suggest purchasing the PPC6700 by UT Starcom. So far this has been a rock solid phone, EVDO speeds with also WiFi built in, 1.3 MP camera, and the new Windows mobile version.

BTW, employees that hand out sublock/MSL info can be terminated. Finding an unnatural ESN on the system is a lot easier to do now a days.

Better to give up the hassles and look at a similar phone that the carrier offers when it comes to CDMA.

GSM is different in that as long as the SIM lock is off, you can put any chip in there and use the voice side...but it takes a bit of programming to get the Data side to work properly, and in most cases, it doesn't work properly.

Can Verizon phone work with Sprint? - Sprint-PCS - Mobility-Networks
    So it wasn't an article, but a forum:

I'll step in,

Due to the specifics of software loaded onto each different carrier's phone...No.

Hardware wise yes, you can do this, if you were somehow to find out the MSL codes for each phone (also called a sublock).

Since you have to hard code the programming on these. (Manually program, not OTA) you could do so with the sublock/MSL, but trying to tell the VCast to log into Power Vision, or vice versa, you are likely to make the software crash or not understand the information being sent/recieved, possibly frying your phone. Your voice calls would go thru just fine. Software on CDMA phones are more dependant on what the carrier's specific specs are, unlike GSM where the software is not.

If you are looking for a phone similar to the Samsung I730, I suggest purchasing the PPC6700 by UT Starcom. So far this has been a rock solid phone, EVDO speeds with also WiFi built in, 1.3 MP camera, and the new Windows mobile version.

BTW, employees that hand out sublock/MSL info can be terminated. Finding an unnatural ESN on the system is a lot easier to do now a days.

Better to give up the hassles and look at a similar phone that the carrier offers when it comes to CDMA.

GSM is different in that as long as the SIM lock is off, you can put any chip in there and use the voice side...but it takes a bit of programming to get the Data side to work properly, and in most cases, it doesn't work properly.

Can Verizon phone work with Sprint? - Sprint-PCS - Mobility-Networks
    That's if they hand it over in order to program a non verizon esn in the verizon database

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    The MSL on all Verizon phones is 000000. You don't need to call for anything.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    I read that online somewhere, but didn't know if it was accurate.

So, I guess once I do the reset using the MSL and having done the Secure Full Erase already, the phone will be ready to sell? No real need to run WebOS Doctor?

All the cell phones listed on Ebay say they have a "clean ESN". I don't really know what that means, but I assume mine is clean.
  18.    #18  
    That's if they hand it over in order to program a non verizon esn in the verizon database

Thanks for the all the info...I really appreciate it. I knew it couldn't be as complicated as it was seeming, but it's all about having the right information.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    wasnt sure about that... good to know
    All the cell phones listed on Ebay say they have a "clean ESN". I don't really know what that means, but I assume mine is clean.
    "Clean ESN" is slang for a phone that isn't stolen or still on carrier subsidy lock. If you have passed your point of early termination with the carrier and you don't owe them money then your phone should have a clean ESN. You can always call the carrier and ask them if the phone is free to be sold to someone else to confirm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast