Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Clean ESN should mean that Verizon doesn't have a subsidy lock on the phone and the phone owner has held the phone in good standing past their early termination fee time. Put another way - your phone has to be able to be sold and activiated without triggering any alerts on Verizon's system for you owing money on the phone still.
    I don't think that's a problem then. I didn't keep the Pre Plus past the early termination period, but that's b/c I was issued the Pre 2 as a replacement.
  2.    #22  
    I did the ##RTN# and entered 000000 as the MSL code and the phone reset. I'd like to go back in and double check to see if it indeed erased my phone number (and the phantom voicemail, but cmd doesn't find a device when I do the "java -jar devicetool.jar" thing. I'm pretty sure it will pick it back up if I run WebOS Doctor, but don't really feel like going through all that again. It said it would erase all data, account info and rest to factory, so I guess I'll just assume it's done.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    In CDMA there is no unlocking, msl is used for programming.

After ##RTN# scroll to the bottom and press the reset button and it will ask for the msl enter it an voila!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That did the trick...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That did the trick...thanks!
    000000 was it correct?

5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    000000 was it correct?

Yep...went fast after that. I had to Dr. it to get able to start the phone and bypass activation, but once I did, the number is gone now, as is the phantom voicemail. Thanks for the tips today. I learn something new almost every day around here...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12