Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I fell asleep listening to a podcast with my Pre2 under my pillow.

I woke this morning and the pre was extremely hot!! I can't estimate how hot, but for example it would have been uncomfortable to hold it against my cheek.

Holpefully I've not melted anything inside.....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    there are apps to check how hot, but I guess it's a little too late now.

slightly on topic:
    (hp related)

My friends 17inch 3d envy got so hot, that no one around was able to keep their hands on it for longer than a second. I'm 98% sure I could of cooked on it.
    Was it still on in the morning? At least you get great battery life!

For the next time, I would look into using Preset Reset to reset your phone during the night so that it's not getting hotter and hotter through the night.

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    there are apps to check how hot, but I guess it's a little too late now.

slightly on topic:
    (hp related)

My friends 17inch 3d envy got so hot, that no one around was able to keep their hands on it for longer than a second. I'm 98% sure I could of cooked on it.
    That is something to be careful of. Testicular cancer is on the upswing in part to men leaving hot laptops on their laps.

And resetting your phone once in a while will help, as will certain patches that will warn you when your device is too hot.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I fell asleep listening to a podcast with my Pre2 under my pillow.

I woke this morning and the pre was extremely hot!! I can't estimate how hot, but for example it would have been uncomfortable to hold it against my cheek.

Holpefully I've not melted anything inside.....

Haha I've had this happen to me many times, I fall asleep listening to podcasts all the time. Usually the phone will die though.

Anyway, the Pre seems to stand up to heat pretty well since the touchstone makes it super hot -- I'd guess though that making it a habit isn't in anyones favor though.
    hopefully it would shut itself off before it got hot enoug to do damage.

I would never keep my phone on while under a pillow...
    Pillow will prevent airing of any phone, hence the phone kept on making heat while loosing nothing. Hence it got very hot.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    i agree with you :the p2 is one of the "hottest" phones out there...(untill the p3 in summer. this summer is going to get very hot)