1.    #1  
    Does the Pre 2 need a screen protector? *If so, which one, and what are the benefits of it?

I've heard that some claim to 'reduce glare' and stop finger smudges. Do these exist?

Recommendations please!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    The Pre 2 has a Gorilla glass screen. It doesn't need a screen protector
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    A screen protector won't reduce fingerprints. It will protect against scratches, but the Gorilla glass is reported to be pretty amazing.
    I use phantomskinz.com screen protectors. Not only do u get two for the price of one, they are easy to put on and work nicely. I have tried about five different brands and keep coming back to this site. The matted protectors work the best with finger prints, but the screen colors look funky.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I use phantomskinz.com screen protectors. Not only do u get two for the price of one, they are easy to put on and work nicely. I have tried about five different brands and keep coming back to this site. The matted protectors work the best with finger prints, but the screen colors look funky.
    How funky? Could you take a pic? Would be interesting to see. Thanks

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    The Pre 2 has a Gorilla glass screen. It doesn't need a screen protector
    That's what I thought too :P, I'm just interested to see what other forum members believe.

I think Invisibleshield made the claim that they reduce fingerprints and glare...I don't think they make Pre 2 protectors anyway...

+1 for Phantom Skinz. After excellent previous results with this brand on a Pre Plus and Pixi Plus, I installed the screen only version on my Pre 2 yesterday and it fits well. I initially installed a Zagg invisibleshield on the Pre Plus, but it was thicker and seemed to interfere with the touchscreen more noticeably.

Gorilla glass is scratch resistant but not scratch-proof, so I prefer to play it safe with a screen protector. The protectors help reduce finger smudges as well, but don't eliminate them entirely.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    My OG Droid was on of the first phones to have Gorilla Glass and just taking 1 look at my wifes phone (literally thrown into her purse everyday with keys, tweezers, nailclippers and several other things, then kids digging though it dropping it and / or throwing my wifes purse around at time) there is not 1 mark on the screen at all it is still in perfect shape! No phone screen should have to endure that type of abuse for 18 months, no phone......

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    [QUOTE=Editor02;2889377]How funky? Could you take a pic? Would be interesting to see. Thanks
    I don't have any pics I can send. I was using Boxwave screen protectors on my treo, but when I got my Pre Plus, it made the screen look weird. That is why I have been using phantomskinz.
    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=
    I've never heard of Phantom Skinz, however I have used the ZAGG and Skinomi brands and they both work as intended. They don't distort the screen at all, however I do find myself having to apply a bit more pressure to the touchscreen. Nothing ridiculous, the screen is still very sensitive. As for finger smudges, these two screen covers do wonders. My phones always look like they were owned by a 5 year old until I put them on.
    Phantom skinz has a custom pre 2 screen cover for 10 shipping included. It is awesome. Reduces smudges and feels like glass. Highly recco!!!!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  12.    #12  
    Also, at times the screen gets a little grippy, the last thing I want it to not be able to use the phone properly with swiping and all...

Can anyone confirm that this won't get worse with the suggested screen protectors? TY

Hey guys i just put the droid pro screen protector on. It fits perfectly over the screen part. cheap too. $15 for 3 is retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
    Hey guys i just put the droid pro screen protector on. It fits perfectly over the screen part. cheap too. $15 for 3 is retail.
    Good price but I'd rather buy protectors made for the Pre 2 so that holes for the microphone and speaker are already cut and line up properly.
    like phantomskinz! Custom made for pre 2 and you get 2 for $10 shipped
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Good price but I'd rather buy protectors made for the Pre 2 so that holes for the microphone and speaker are already cut and line up properly.
    I agree, nothing is better than a snuggly fitting screen protector!
    Does Phantom Skinz not ship to Canada? :S
    n/m
    they do
    they just wouldn't let me estimate shipping or what not until I went through checkout
    I just ordered the Pre Plus skin from bestskinsever.com ($5.99 + $1 shipping), and figured I'll just cut the extraneous curve parts to fit my Pre 2. I've used the company for 3 previous Palm Pre 1's and mutliple Treos, and they've been great.

I've personally found the screen skins (this or others) to help a lot in reducing smudges and glare. With the skin, I just wipe the screen with my shirt when it does get smudged, without worrying about scratching the screen.