Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 209
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    If this is how the pre2 feels I can't wait for the pre3 ..

    The build quality is superb .. Rock solid, buttons easy to type, slider tough as nails .. All I got to say is wow thank you palm and HP and thank you adora!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2. #2  
    Good to hear...are you a developer and did you get one through HP's developer opportunities? Just curious, since I originally got a Pre+ on ATT for free through one of their developer programs and curious how easy it is through HP offerings?

    I guess it would be easy if you can show HP you are producing apps for Mojo or Enyo, but I'm still on the fence moving ahead with more development without HP giving a more and clear idea of where they are heading.

    Either way, what do you like most about the Pre 2, is it faster, and how is performance coming from 2.1 or whatever VZW is offering on that phone. Sorli...
  3. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If this is how the pre2 feels I can't wait for the pre3 ..

    The build quality is superb .. Rock solid, buttons easy to type, slider tough as nails .. All I got to say is wow thank you palm and HP and thank you adora!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I agree completely. The Verizon Pre 2 hardware is superb. The keyboard feels great and hasn't missed or double typed a letter yet! The glass screen is sooo much smoother for gestures, and overall it feels solid and looks great. In fact, I'm much more impressed with the hardware improvements than with webOS 2.0.1 software.

    After some of the things I've read about the GSM Pre 2 I wonder if hardware improvements were one of the reasons for the Verizon delay, or maybe they were just waiting on the Verizon Navigator app to be ready.
  4.    #4  
    Its an Pre2 dev phone running 2.0.1 , still have my Active pre - Sprint 1.4.5 with F105 .

    Well software wise stacks are awesome.. I'm able to organize my apps the way I want.

    Just type though is what I use the most.. I love the quick actions and the instant searching of you tube , app catalog etc.. W/o opening an app.

    Still perusing all 2.x features .. I sorta miss the update app , there wad a certain pleasure to tapping refresh when you knew an update was gonna drop.

    But all this is in all 2.x devices.. Phone is super responsive .. Don't think I'm over clocking this baby.. The keyboard feels great , very easy to type.. Less mistakes, thanks auto correct , the phone feels a tad heavier but much more solid , especially in the slider mechanism ...

    I'll try and put together a side by side comparative review.. No promises..

    If you're thinking about a pre2 , def don't hesitate , especially if you have a spare line..


    Oh and I won this in a contest.. Still waiting on the free pre2 dev email

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    amnicer, xpl and wallbounce like this.
  5. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    .. I sorta miss the update app , there wad a certain pleasure to tapping refresh when you knew an update was gonna drop.
    That's interesting. The Verizon Pre 2 has an app called System Updates that checks for new OS versions. Of course, all it has told me so far is "Your phone is up to date."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    That's interesting. The Verizon Pre 2 has an app called System Updates that checks for new OS versions. Of course, all it has told me so far is "Your phone is up to date."
    Ooops.. Just found it

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  
    I just noticed today that the App catalog lets me know when there is an update for one of my apps. That was kind of cool.

    ET
  8. #8  
    awe shadd uppp !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Its an Pre2 dev phone running 2.0.1 , still have my Active pre - Sprint 1.4.5 with F105 .

    Well software wise stacks are awesome.. I'm able to organize my apps the way I want.

    Just type though is what I use the most.. I love the quick actions and the instant searching of you tube , app catalog etc.. W/o opening an app.

    Still perusing all 2.x features .. I sorta miss the update app , there wad a certain pleasure to tapping refresh when you knew an update was gonna drop.

    But all this is in all 2.x devices.. Phone is super responsive .. Don't think I'm over clocking this baby.. The keyboard feels great , very easy to type.. Less mistakes, thanks auto correct , the phone feels a tad heavier but much more solid , especially in the slider mechanism ...

    I'll try and put together a side by side comparative review.. No promises..

    If you're thinking about a pre2 , def don't hesitate , especially if you have a spare line..


    Oh and I won this in a contest.. Still waiting on the free pre2 dev email

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    your not allowed to have another pre2 so get over it already !! ha ha ha ha lol man i want a pre2 on sprint soooo pad but will have to wait for the pre3 !! oh well !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #10  
    Certainly feels more than just a "spec bump" doesn't it?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Certainly feels more than just a "spec bump" doesn't it?
    yes.... hence the Holy crapola !!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    your not allowed to have another pre2 so get over it already !! ha ha ha ha lol man i want a pre2 on sprint soooo pad but will have to wait for the pre3 !! oh well !
    shane all i can tell you is that if the Pre3 is a even just a quarter better than the pre2 is than youll be <<excited in a manly way>> for weeks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/03/2011 at 01:31 AM. Reason: gotta keep it clean - even in OT :)
  13. #13  
    i wouldnt explain it like that but im sure i would be happier than a pig in a mud pile !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i wouldnt explain it like that but im sure i would be happier than a pig in a mud pile !!
    thats what i said
  15. #15  
    Can't wait for the pre3, my bell pre minus's microphone,led lights, and button no longer work.

    EVERY single upgrade in the pre3 is a BIG deal for me.

    I wish I could get somehow get a free pre2, but I can't afford to pay 400-450 for one today, and buy a pre3 in the summer again. So I'm going to deal with it fro the time being.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Can't wait for the pre3, my bell pre minus's microphone,led lights, and button no longer work.

    EVERY single upgrade in the pre3 is a BIG deal for me.

    I wish I could get somehow get a free pre2, but I can't afford to pay 400-450 for one today, and buy a pre3 in the summer again. So I'm going to deal with it fro the time being.
    im in the same boat as you lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    yes.... hence the Holy crapola !!
    Well despite what your actual impressions are of the P2, and the fact that EVERY other post, thread, video, etc. of people who have the Pre2 are the same (it's great, super fast, very solid, etc.)...


    ...The haters and trolls don't want to hear it.

    (If I could get one on Sprint (natively) I'd be doing questionable and unnatural things with it already! )
  18. #18  
    Nimer55, apply for the developer coupon / free pre 2 and you may get lucky! You would need to have it forwarded to canada though using a package forwarding service.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i wouldnt explain it like that but im sure i would be happier than a pig in a mud pile !!
    Don't you mean a turtle in a fresh pond?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Don't you mean a turtle in a fresh pond?
    ...kid in a candy store??
    elitepyro likes this.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions