Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Yay for you. If all the potential WebOS companies/buyers could see the devotion its adherents have...and it's not brainwashing like a**le marketing's done for its minions, either. I mean we HAVE no marketing to TELL us what to do, and still people do what it takes to make their own upgrades awesome.
    ananimus likes this.
    I can't believe I almost settled for a Pre+...the Pre2 is a ****ing beast.
    I've been freetehtering my FrankenPre2 to my TP and laptop for 3 straight hours. Pre2 is NOT hot and is barely using battery, less than 10% per hour. My SPre would have been drained in less than an hour when using freetether. Amazing.

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I just love how quick it is. simple tasks are a breeze.
    This phone smokes. I can not believe how much better it feels and responds compared to my +. I overclocked the + but this is so much more responsive. I am hoping I am set for at least a year or two. I purchased my VZN version off Ebay brand new. Great decision.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    wow, I had received a Palm Pre 2 before; however, under a new contract. I waited 12 days before sending it back. As nice as it was, I couldn't see myself going 2 more years on an already 1/2 year old phone. So I sent it back. I missed out on the Palm Pre 2 Fire Sale that happened August 21-22 (or there about) Finally decided to spend 150 dollars on a new Palm Pre 2 phone and WOW; it flies!! I also noticed that it being Verizon, it came 2.0.1. After moving all my stuff over from the Palm Pre Plus; checked for updates; in came 2.1! And after that came in, I started getting Angry Birds! I didn't see this happening under my Metadoctoredd Palm Pre Plus; I guess something about the newer phones triggered something, I'm now playing catched up on Rio and Seasons! This newer phone really is much better, especially the keyboard!!
    I've been biding my time, envious of everyone posting to this thread.

I had my minus for two years. Finally twoed this week.

Holy crapola indeed! The difference is night and day. Maybe it's because the install is fresh, I dunno... and really, I don't care. Everything just snaps now.

I'll never get a 3 on Sprint, but this makes me plenty happy again!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    right there with you brother!
    Global Posts
    548 Global Posts
    I just twoed and I am loving my new Pre2. I had a nexus s 4g before this and I just couldn't take android anymore. This phone covers all of my bases for atleast a year or two. Very happy.
    Bought a Pre 2 and received it today - If nothing else works I am really happy with the voice dial - I am having a hard time not doctoring this baby tonight - very surprised at the speed - thanks
    I too just upgraded from Pre plus to Pre 2. I couldn't agree more with the positive posts. I really thought it would just be a negligible difference, but no. Scrolling is far smoother (not choppy compared to the Pre Plus), things are faster, downloading email is MUCH faster on the Pre 2, even though I had my Pre Plus overclocked at 1Ghz!!

Anyone thinking about moving away from Palm Pre or Pre Plus to another platform, reconsider until HP makes another announcement. I do think HP will continue with webOS but likely use another company to build the phone. If they do, I believe this could hold me over until then (hopefully not more than 6 months)
    Did my Sprint FrankenPre2 swap without any issues so far. Updated my prl, sprint nav, amazon mp3 and put in uberkernel (edited the 1.1ghz profile back down to 1ghz to save on battery & because I like how uberkernel handles the battery/temperature). Its soooo nice to be able to complete tasks without lag like my pre- 2.1 had constantly. This phone should last me quite awhile. It looks sooo much more modern too. If this was the first released phone, palm probably wouldnt have done so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Did my Sprint FrankenPre2 swap without any issues so far. Updated my prl, sprint nav, amazon mp3 and put in uberkernel (edited the 1.1ghz profile back down to 1ghz to save on battery & because I like how uberkernel handles the battery/temperature). Its soooo nice to be able to complete tasks without lag like my pre- 2.1 had constantly. This phone should last me quite awhile. It looks sooo much more modern too. If this was the first released phone, palm probably wouldnt have done so bad.
    Which directions did you follow to get Amazon MP3 on your Sprintified pre2? I put Sprint Nav on there and would like to also have Amazon back too. Also, did you update the PRL after the conversion? I updated before.

Thanks
    To get amazon mp3 its similiar to the nav method with a force script. I actually updated the prl before, but its the same method after to get a new prl on the device from what I read.

For amazon mp3 you can do a search and there is a thread on it i found on here once. its very simple to do. goodluck!
    To get amazon mp3 its similiar to the nav method with a force script. I actually updated the prl before, but its the same method after to get a new prl on the device from what I read.

For amazon mp3 you can do a search and there is a thread on it i found on here once. its very simple to do. goodluck!
    Do you remember if this is the thread you used to install the amazon app?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...step-step.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dt509 View Post
    Do you remember if this is the thread you used to install the amazon app?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...step-step.html
    Yup, that's the method! Very easy & gives ya mp3 downloads back!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yup, that's the method! Very easy & gives ya mp3 downloads back!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks, that worked perfect. I used WOSQI 3.14 and entered the commands in the command line for step 5 and 6. I seem to remember there being a section for free downloads on Amazon MP3...maybe I'm wrong. You can still find free downloads by doing a search for "free" anyway.
    thanks it worked for me too
    Indeed, thanks. That sort of went by me as an afterthought while 2ing, but I do use it Amazon MP3 on occasion, so I went ahead and popped the ipk's in when I read this.

However, I do not thank you for the $10 I immediately spent buying some songs I forgot I wanted after I got it installed.
    New Pre2 GSM owner here.

First impressions - great phone, great OS, great UI & design, but awful build quality & some flaws.

This phone is really fast. No lag or long thinking. Screen, call quality, reception is great. On my 2g network with moderate usage (half an hour of talk every day, 30 minutes browsing with WiFi, 20-30 texts) it last two days (it was big surprise for me!) Camera is good, even better then some 5mp phones with autofocus. WebOs is great, but not that easy as people write here. My girl still likes her iOS more. Even I don't like the fact that call & network settings (turn off data, roaming) are not in separate menu, but under the phone menu. Stacks, gesture is incredible.
    Materials are great, but slider is awful. I was not impressed by Veer BQ, but here it's even worse. Little twisting when phone is closed appeared on the second day. It's not getting worse, but the phone feels cheap (everyone notice it). Without slider it would be supercool phone for me. Now - it's just OK.

Missing virtual keyboard, especially ukrainian (it does not exist).

I do not need a lot programmes for my phone. Good player was enough, but audiophile crashed on the second day without any reason. Default player isn't good, 'cause Pre has big troubles with high frequencies (they are missing) & bass is just too much.

Overall, i like this phone. Especially for 120$ with touchstone. I needed a phone with 3,5mm jack, 16gb, cheap & replaceable battery. Pre 2 is what i was searching. Though i don't think it would last more than 1 year with heavy usage. I mean, slider.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast