Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    But how is that faster than opening the application and typing? Everytime I see it in action in just notice the extra scrolling you have to do.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    But how is that faster than opening the application and typing? Everytime I see it in action in just notice the extra scrolling you have to do.
    Depends on how you have it set up... I have my most freq search at top as well as most freq action.. Very min scrolling

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I've been playing with my new Pre2 the past hours and I'm delighted. I still am a bit cautious because of the various posts I've read with different problems, but up until now I must say I'm impressed with the phone.
    Doctored it to 2.1 without any problems, imported my contacts (although there is no option to hide SIM contacts), I liked the browsing a lot and I still have a lot of stuff to learn.

One thing though. Is it normal that it is a bit hot? Both the screen and the back side are warm to the touch.
    there is a patch that will help you monitor temp. Battery dissapation generates heat. Conventional wisdom is that temp is safe until it exceeds 55 deg cent.
    the only times it should be hot is when your charging, or downloading. My Pre 2 isn't cool to the touch, but its not uncomfortable.

you may want to take your Pre 2 in to get exchanged. Just in case.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It's a lot cooler today. I assume it was hot because it was constantly used-doctored-DTAed etc for many hours. I'll watch it in the next few days.

On topic now, cards and stacking must be the greatest thing after sliced bread. The touch-screen has great response and the apps load in a reasonable time (not fast, but not slow either). It's so good up until now, that I am afraid that if I install patces etc I'll ruin it.
    I recommend a screen protector now
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ...especially an anti-glare one- makes a huge diff! Bought a bunch on ebay and it just makes the phone a lot easier to read in bright light and no fingerprints.

mj
    what brand of anti glare screen protector did you buy?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I grabbed the "Steela Steelo" ones - $6.99 for 6. It took me 2 to get it 99% right (very dusty house)... I managed to get it done without dust bubbles but 1/2mm misaligned at earpiece. Just bugs me enough to want to try again!

6x Anti Glare Screen Protector for Palm Pre 2 Pre2 - eBay (item 180614342422 end time Apr-18-11 22:48:32 PDT)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    That's exactly how I usually open mine! Hoever, I'm starting to get oreo effect on my 1 month old Pre2 It's loose enough that it visibly wiggles. Anyone else seeing this problem?
    By the way: I hear that because of the added tension it provides, using a screen protector might even save your glass screen from shattering in some cases.
    The big question that nobody can answer is: is there anything the Pre3 will do that the Pre2 can't? Because a free Pre2 now sounds like a hell of a deal versus a $100-200 Pre3 later this year.

Unless there's something special under the hood for the Pre3 that the Pre2 doesn't have.

Are there any actual answers coming from HP, or just speculation?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    The big question that nobody can answer is: is there anything the Pre3 will do that the Pre2 can't? Because a free Pre2 now sounds like a hell of a deal versus a $100-200 Pre3 later this year.

Unless there's something special under the hood for the Pre3 that the Pre2 doesn't have.

Are there any actual answers coming from HP, or just speculation?
    Pre3 = Larger screen, touch to share, bigger keyboard...
    The biggest thing for me with the bigger Pre3, is it's bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The biggest thing for me with the bigger Pre3, is it's bigger.
    so does that mean you want the bigger Pre3 or you prefer the Pre2?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I think it depends on each person's needs.
    Pre 3 has front-camera, a better video camera, bigger screen, Touch-and-share and a faster processor.
    For me (my use and needs) the only true improvement is the processor (although Pre 2 is fast). The bigger screen is a plus too, however it will also be bulkier and heavier.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ-bos View Post
    That's exactly how I usually open mine! Hoever, I'm starting to get oreo effect on my 1 month old Pre2 It's loose enough that it visibly wiggles. Anyone else seeing this problem?
    Oreo effect it when the two halves of your phone actually can twist. not just a wiggle. My sprint pre - the two halves look like they can be twisted straight off. That is Oreo effect. A wiggle is normal.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ-bos View Post
    ...especially an anti-glare one- makes a huge diff! Bought a bunch on ebay and it just makes the phone a lot easier to read in bright light and no fingerprints.

mj
    I was worried that the glass screen would affect the way the Pre looked in sunlight. One of the best, most overlooked aspects of the Pre was that the screen looked great in direct sunlight.

Can anyone else confirm if the Pre2 maintains the great sunlight visibility or if the glass screen makes it as difficult to read in the sunlight as the other phones?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    my Verizon Pre 2 arrived today, purchased with help from a Developer Device coupon (I am writing an app for a programming class and plan to continue afterwards!). I'd switched from my overclocked Pre+ to a Pixi+ when those deal sites started popping up early this year, and I stuck with the Pixi due to the great keyboard.

this keyboard isn't as nice as the Pixi but as long as it doesn't stick/skip like the Pre+ I'm one happy camper! FAST, feels lighter, no stupid door to break off my USB cracked body, no yellow spots on the display, did I mention FAST? I can't wait to get away from the WiFi at work and see if the GPS can find me without James Harris' awesome GPS Fix

I haven't even been home yet to add Preware, so today's experience is 100% stock and I'm loving it! I can't wait to investigate which patches are available, because I do miss my character count and new card per convo, hopefully those are updated. and MY GOODNESS were the icons always so BIG?

Have a great weekend everyone! Clarice