Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 209
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #81  
    I just received my Verizon Pre 2 and I completely agree with the expression in the original post.

    I had a Sprint Pre-, which I updated to webOS 2.1 and OC'ed it to the max.

    With both 1.4.5 and 2.1, the OS never felt this smooth. I currently don't have any patches yet; but I have 1 month worth of emails from Google, Exchange and Yahoo.

    I am currently running 4 games (Angry Bird, Glider, SuperJump, Need for Speed all in loaded game playing but paused states) and as well as Forums, Facebook, Carbon, messaging, email, app catalog, Pandora playing on Coldplay station (not that it matters) and 4 other news apps running with no lag or stutter.

    So why stop there? It gave the TMC when I tried to open "Rednecks and Aliens" but still no lag or stutter. The most graceful TMC (Too Many Cards) I have experienced so far.

    I am quite impressed!!!

    The slider does feel smoother too. I have an oreo-preventing way of opening the slider, so oreo was never a problem with my previous Pre-.

    Also, because of the soft texture of the Pre 2, it won't need a body protector except maybe a screen protector. And that would be to an even lesser extent since it is Gorilla. Also, since the screen is flat, screen protectors will go on easily and stay on longer.

    If all these keep up, I will probably stay patch-free and overlook every other deficiencies (can't remember what those are again).




    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2. #82  
    is the Gorilla Glass as good as the demos? Or should I get a screen protector?
  3. #83  
    I found this website selling screen protectors for $3.99 with free shipping.

    So, with nothing more than $3.99 to lose, I would probably get them!



    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    is the Gorilla Glass as good as the demos? Or should I get a screen protector?
  4. #84  
    but this glass feels so good!!!
  5. #85  
    a little carnuba wax on that glass....
  6. #86  
    seriously?!
  7. #87  
    I was going to get a screen protector but I have been throwing the phone around everywhere without one since November and the phone still looks brand new not a single scratch anywhere. I wouldnt bother with a protector.
  8. #88  
    The battery life has been real good for me.
    Just call me Berd.
  9. #89  
    battery life has been 'ok'. I'm hoping a screenstate governor for uberkernel will come out soon with voltage tweaking abilities, but I keep mine on the touchstone while I sleep and all day @ work, so no worries.
  10. #90  
    I got to play with a Pre 2 at a VZW Store and good grief. It's amazing. Why do people knock this phone again? If I weren't about to blow hundreds on a 3DS I'd buy one of these off-contract right now. But alas, I should probably just wait for the Pre 3 to come around.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Why do people knock this phone again?
    Because it doesn't have 1.5Ghz dual-core, 1.5GB RAM, a 5 inch screen, a compass/gyroscope, and a personal chef that will serve you food while you play Crysis on it.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Because it doesn't have 1.5Ghz dual-core, 1.5GB RAM, a 5 inch screen, a compass/gyroscope, and a personal chef that will serve you food while you play Crysis on it.
    Pffffft.... Crysis will not be playable until the year 2347

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Because it doesn't have 1.5Ghz dual-core, 1.5GB RAM, a 5 inch screen, a compass/gyroscope, and a personal chef that will serve you food while you play Crysis on it.
    and because people are never happy.
    they're very insecure when it comes to a cell phone
    nothing is ever good enough
    everything has to be compared to Apple's products
    people think the best specs matter
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    and because people are never happy.
    they're very insecure when it comes to a cell phone
    nothing is ever good enough
    everything has to be compared to Apple's products
    people think the best specs matter
    agreed
  15. #95  
    I don't really have the benefit of knowing just how much a difference it is - the Pre2 is my first webOS device.
    All I know is this Pre2 feels comfortable and solid in my hand.
    The slider is tight yet easy to flip both out and in 1-handed.
    I still prefer the static keyboard on my Treo Pro, but I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to type on the Pre2.
    Oh, and the glass screen is so smooth.
  16. #96  
    Okay, I've finally joined the Pre2 family and I LOVE IT!!!! It's really too bad this phone couldn't have been released earlier. Heck, it would have been nice if this was the launch Pre. But hey, stuff happens.

    I've been in Android land, and it was great, and there are things that I will miss, but I will never go back. I just can't. Android's great, but getting back to WebOS on the Pre 2 was like a breath of fresh air. It's like eating a cupcake, every day. All day long.

    OM freaking G. Huge difference. This is the way WebOS is meant to be experienced. And I hate to say it, but I'm soooo ready for a Pre 3. And a Pre 4. And 5.

    The thing I love the most, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, is... you just start typing. You can get to so much, so quickly by just typing. I can email, text, search imdb or wikipedia or my music collection by just typing. With other operating systems you need to open an app. WebOS opens the app for you. That has truly rocked my world. I read about it, I understood the concept, but it honestly took me a while to figure out that I can do what I want even faster by just typing.

    It's like the touchstone, hard to explain how amazing it is until you have one.

    Sorry for the long post, but darn, I freaking love this phone.
  17. #97  
    Totally agree! I've had the Pre- (Sprint) for since 8/09. I just converted it (FrankenPre'd) to a Pre2 last week and am amazed at how great the Pre2 feels and looks. I never thought I'd see much of a difference between the two, but the glass face is fantastic and it looks sexy! (in a platonic phone sense) I love this thing!
  18. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Totally agree! I've had the Pre- (Sprint) for since 8/09. I just converted it (FrankenPre'd) to a Pre2 last week and am amazed at how great the Pre2 feels and looks. I never thought I'd see much of a difference between the two, but the glass face is fantastic and it looks sexy! (in a platonic phone sense) I love this thing!
    Ummm... Ditto.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I love this thing!
    Ummm.. Thing??? PRIoriTIES man.. This is like a well cared for woman that you long to come home to because you know she'll do you right!

    No puns intended


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    The thing I love the most, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, is... you just start typing. You can get to so much, so quickly by just typing. I can email, text, search imdb or wikipedia or my music collection by just typing. With other operating systems you need to open an app. WebOS opens the app for you. That has truly rocked my world. I read about it, I understood the concept, but it honestly took me a while to figure out that I can do what I want even faster by just typing.
    Just Type has to be the best idea ever devised for a mobile OS. Not only does it make it easier to launch apps, it just makes it easier to find information overall. Instead of resorting to Google for every search, I have many sites set up for Just Type. When I know I'll find the answer at a certain site, I'll Just Type the query, tap the link to that site, and there is what I was looking for.

    I want to see more apps take advantage of this. Using it with the Youtube app is great. Seeing it on more apps will be better.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions