Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    Can I add Noted! to Just Type?

I think I'll also buy an extra battery. It looks like it uses the same as the Pre -/+ ?
    Yes, the latest beta version (release candidate) of Noted! utilizes Just Type functionality. Hopefully it'll be in the app catalog soon!

The Pre 2 battery is the same one used in the Pre and Pixi. Check online for some great deals.
    Thanks, I just found a battery online for only $4.52!

I noticed that in the Pre 2 User Guide it says, "Your phone includes an internal lithium-ion or lithium-ion polymer battery". I think LiPo batteries have higher capacity, but I haven't found any for the the Pre.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Alright so I have a situation here..

Rogers has a promo going on where I can get the pre 2 at no charge (price is 99 right now on a 3 yr).. i didn't get to play with webos 2.0 because the device was actually dead (go figure) but the quality felt a heck of a lot better than my current pre.. the keyboard was the most improved i found, along with the glass screen. anyways.. it's tempting to snag it since i dont have a contract with bell.

but why should i take it when i can wait for the pre 3? that's the question. any help to keep me from making a bad or good decision would be greatly appreciated lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

but why should i take it when i can wait for the pre 3? that's the question. any help to keep me from making a bad or good decision would be greatly appreciated lol
    Thats the 6 Million dollar question and I faced the same situation. I finally decided on getting the Pre 2 and I'm glad I did. The two things that pushed me in that direction is: 1 - I like the size of the Pre, I'm not a big phone person. 2 - My pre plus was on its last legs and I didn't think it'll make it to "this summer".

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Thats the 6 Million dollar question and I faced the same situation. I finally decided on getting the Pre 2 and I'm glad I did. The two things that pushed me in that direction is: 1 - I like the size of the Pre, I'm not a big phone person. 2 - My pre plus was on its last legs and I didn't think it'll make it to "this summer".

ET
    hmmm.. as far as I know, the Pre 2 won't do touch to share will it?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    hmmm.. as far as I know, the Pre 2 won't do touch to share will it?
    I'm hoping new back covers will do the trick.. ghopefully not a hardware thing

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love how these forums can give you great feed back on these awesome devices! Can any of you lucky Pre2 users make a vid highlighting the hardware specificly? There aren't much out there. AND you can make me drool for the next 5 hours afterward wishing I was a cool as you! :]
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Not much to show. The bottom half of the phone is identical to a Pre+. The top is a matte finish around the edges and a gorilla glass face. It's hard to tell them apart from a few feet away. The big change is when you light it up. It's fast, and the glass screen / matte finish makes it feel much more solid, even though it's probably just an illusion.

I sure am missing all the patches that haven't been updated yet. I switched back to my Pre+ yesterday so I can test some things in 1.4.5, and I'm not missing 2.0 as much as you might expect. But I sure do miss that glass screen and butter-smooth scrolling.
    First time WebOS owner, bought the Pre 2 on Verizon. So far I really like it, keyboard is awesome. I used to have a portrait slider (WinMo HTC 6600 I think), then went to a Touch Diamond, got used to on-screen keyboard. Haven't really missed the hardware keyboard, but it's awesome having it again. I type way faster/accurately. It's awesome.

Everything is smooth and I"m learning more and more every day. Really like the phone. I've had some issues with the browser/facebook. Overally my experience has been awesome. Battery has been decent, would like to see it better, but it's just the nature of a smart phone. At least it beats my old phone, sometimes I couldn't make it through the work day.

Good phone, I hop HP updates the Pre 2 software and gets some bug fixes/features added. Also the patching community get the wheels turning, the Pre 2 isn't perfect, there's work to be done, let's get going!

Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    First time WebOS owner,

Welcome to the world of WebOS lovers.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    First time WebOS owner, bought the Pre 2 on Verizon. So far I really like it, keyboard is awesome. I used to have a portrait slider (WinMo HTC 6600 I think), then went to a Touch Diamond, got used to on-screen keyboard. Haven't really missed the hardware keyboard, but it's awesome having it again. I type way faster/accurately. It's awesome.

Everything is smooth and I"m learning more and more every day. Really like the phone. I've had some issues with the browser/facebook. Overally my experience has been awesome. Battery has been decent, would like to see it better, but it's just the nature of a smart phone. At least it beats my old phone, sometimes I couldn't make it through the work day.

Good phone, I hop HP updates the Pre 2 software and gets some bug fixes/features added. Also the patching community get the wheels turning, the Pre 2 isn't perfect, there's work to be done, let's get going!

+1 to Welcome to our Community. I came from the HTC Diamond also to the original Pre after I took a swim with it in my pocket and have loved my Pre ever sense. Something I just love about WebOS is the homebrew community behind it. There truthfully nothing else like it for any other platform out there. I just love the support you get in the forums and the passion all of the devs and WebOS-Internals people have for it. They are really half of what WebOS is. I really made me sad that until 2 weeks after the Think Beyond Event there were so many trolls/haters in the forums just demping on the platform. But now they have sunk back down into their holes and we can rejoice again . You will really like the change from WinMo to WebOS. It has the versatility and functionality of WinMo and the simpleness of the iphone.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    So just got my developer unlocked pre 2 today and WOWZERS im blown away. I have been a Palm Pre owner from day one and even had the Sprint pixi for a small bit, and the speed of this phone is awesome. Everything just snaps and I love the new features from the latest two updates! The new internals really show the beauty of this OS and I cant wait to try the Pre 3 for myself to see how much better things will be. GO HP!!! Sprint you need to pick up the Pre 3!!
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre 2 (Verizon) yesterday and I love it so far! Super snappy, great build quality, beautiful screen, and with the patch to enable the virtual keyboard I'm crazy happy. I got a $200 off coupon for it through HP (the free device is only the GSM version, unfortunately) so I didn't have to sign a contract so I'll be able to do whatever I need to do for a Pre 3 when it's released...unless by then they announce a slab design. Then I'll wait for that.
    hmmm... Verizon just sent me an email saying i can get a Pre 2 for $100. its tempting... i have 2 other lines that will be due for an upgrade later this year so getting a Veer and Pre 3 are on the agenda.... but, what is holding me back?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Tell them sure, as long as you don't lose your upcoming upgrade.
    well i would, of course, but like i said i have 2 other lines due for an upgrade "in the coming months" so its not like ill be losing out. i plan on having a Veer, Pre 3 and Pre 2. so yeah, im gunna go order it what the heck am i waiting for?!
    Waiting for the Pre3 is just a matter of waiting for a bigger screen. I like the size of my Pre2. Anybody curious as to why you would want to make the switch to Pre2? Here ya go:
    1> software upgrades are a go (that means that the Pre3 will not have much of a functional advantage over Pre2) and this...
    2> virtually unlimited open programs!!!!

I've had 30 apps open at once (several memory hog video games in that list BTW) and it refused to get sluggish or throw up a message about too many cards! I've owned this for over a month now and have NEVER recieved a too many cards message

People... this thing really is THAT awesome! Since my WebOS 2.1 upgrade (which is awesome too), I've got a flash video problem with the web browser, but they are promising to resolve this for me soon.
    Well, you do get a 1.4GHz CPU in addition to the larger screen. You also get the front-facing camera for video calls. Waiting for the Pre 3 is more than just waiting for a bigger screen, although if you do settle for the Pre 2 right now, you are getting a very nice phone.
    Don't forget TTS capability and the bigger keyboard.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    not too concerned about video chatting, who the heck am i gunna video chat with either way? ok, maybe that makes me sound like i have no friends, but honestly, i dont have time to video chat with anyone, and most ppl i text, i text caus ei dont wanna talk to them, so forget video chat. but i just got my FedEx tracking number so im so excited!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast