Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Got my Pre 2 the other day and the first thing I noticed is that the phone is a little heavier and the build quality, as mentioned, feels solid. Haven't really played too much with the phone, but it does seem to be pretty responsive, except when doing mass updates to apps. Apart from that, feels good. It's a little strange though to come back to WebOS from Android. Keep trying to up swipe on my Android phone ... ROFL. Pre 2 is a dev phone so won't get used as an every day phone like my Android phone. Will defo be interested to see what the Pre 3 looks and feels like.
    I am really glad to hear all these positive posts about the Pre2.

I think this thread deserves 'Stikie Status!'
    Just call me Berd.
    The first craphola sticky ever. By none other that sketch.
    (who else? )
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    (who else? )
    Whoooooo hooooooo!!! That deserves another Holy Crapola thread!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    WTG!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    (who else? )
    I think it was stickied for being crapola. Had it been craphola, not so much.

just sayin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think it was stickied for being crapola. Had it been craphola, not so much.

just sayin
    Not so much? Can you somewhat sticky a thread?
    I suggest a title change.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The only thing that makes me upset about my Pre2 dev phone is that I can't activate it with Sprint...

Otherwise, it's as good as everyone says it is!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    The only thing that makes me upset about my Pre2 dev phone is that I can't activate it with Sprint...

+1 I would've upgraded to this if it was on sprint

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I would bet if they do a limited release of the Pre 2 on Sprint (maybe 25000-50000 units), they would sell out, mostly from tired Pre owners looking for a webOS upgrade.
    My family would buy 3, right now. Would've been four, but we lost one to the EVO two days ago.
    - Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post

++1 on that. If I could have activated this dev Pre2 on Sprint I would be as happy as a pig in the proverbial
    The only negative I see right now is battery life. Hopefully the battery is still breaking in, but for the last couple of days I've given it a full charge and just let it sit there doing nothing. Battery is dead after 8 hours, but will do another timing test today. If it stays like this then really very poor. I've got an Epic that I use as my main phone and I can go 17 hours and still have 20% left.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Pre 2 is close to perfect for me. Great size. Nice sturdy feel. If they fancied up the GPS a bit (i.e. a good turn by turn app of some kind) and made it 100% fully functional, I'd be set.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    The only negative I see right now is battery life. Hopefully the battery is still breaking in, but for the last couple of days I've given it a full charge and just let it sit there doing nothing. Battery is dead after 8 hours, but will do another timing test today. If it stays like this then really very poor. I've got an Epic that I use as my main phone and I can go 17 hours and still have 20% left.
    I charge mine when I go to bed at night but that's about all. It comes off the charger at 6:30 am and goes back on around 10:30 pm and it's usually around 30-40%. I fiddle with it off and on at work, have a close to 1 hr phone call via bluetooth with my gf (you know the routine), sync it with my stereo to play music on the way to and from work, and play with Google maps. I wouldn't say I use it very heavily, but I use it rather normally I think. How long have you had the Pre 2? Battery life typically improves after it cycles a couple times.
    Only got the Pre 2 a few days ago so it probably needs a few more charging cycles.
    Yeah, hopefully it'll improve for you. There's not much that's much that's more frustrating than needing your cell phone and having the battery running out.
    So far today. 3 hours and 25% of battery gone. Phone has been sitting there with the screen off and I haven't used it once, except to check battery level 2-3 times. Epic has been on for 5 hours, done some texting and some app updates and is sitting at 77%.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If this is how the pre2 feels I can't wait for the pre3 ..

The build quality is superb .. Rock solid, buttons easy to type, slider tough as nails .. All I got to say is wow thank you palm and HP and thank you adora!

I'm waiting to hear back from Palm on if i get mine but you are making me excited!!
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    The Pre 2 is a great phone, its WebOS 2.0.1 that needs some attention. Too many bugs.

ET
    Had my Pre 2 a little over a week now. I like it! I thought I would miss the 5-way on my Treo, but swiping is great. When I pulled out my Treo this morning, I actually tried swiping the screen. Just Type is great, I'm learning to use it instead of looking for an app in the launcher. And when I want to save a quick note, I just open the slider, type what I need, and tap "New Memo". (Can I add Noted! to Just Type?)

I was really scared about the build quality after reading about the Pre -/+ here. As soon as I opened the box, I opened/closed the slider several times and just used it for a while. I was thinking, "what are they talking about, this feels really solid!". Keyboard is better than I expected and I was typing fine right away.

Only bad thing (so far) is battery life. It's no better than my Treo. But I keep a cable at my desk and just charge when I'll be sitting down for a while. I think I'll also buy an extra battery. It looks like it uses the same as the Pre -/+ ?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast