Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If this is how the pre2 feels I can't wait for the pre3 ..

The build quality is superb .. Rock solid, buttons easy to type, slider tough as nails ..
    Couldn't agree more. My AT&T Pre Plus was noticeably better than the one I had on Verizon, but this is a giant leap by comparison. This thing is really, really smooth and the increase in battery life over an overclocked Pre Plus is simply amazing. I can't wait to get my greedy little hands on a Pre 3 if it's as better than a Pre 2 as it's said to be.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    man, mine should arrive in a discreet box tomorrow. if what your saying is true (and ive no reason to doubt it) then im gonna be happily impressed. just one question though, how much patches are applicable through preware, or do they all have to be rewritten?

Edit: im not a devoloper, just avid homebrew so i dont understand all the differences. im guessing not a lot of patches will work though.
    Last edited by keeb119; 02/27/2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: more info
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    man, mine should arrive in a discreet box tomorrow. if what your saying is true (and ive no reason to doubt it) then im gonna be happily impressed. just one question though, how much patches are applicable through preware, or do they all have to be rewritten?

Edit: im not a devoloper, just avid homebrew so i dont understand all the differences. im guessing not a lot of patches will work though.
    There are about 1/3rd of the 1.4.5 patches so about 130

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    youre a lucky man. can i haz my pre3 yet??
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    There are about 1/3rd of the 1.4.5 patches so about 130

ok. well i know what ill be doing tomorrow night when i get home from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Well despite what your actual impressions are of the P2, and the fact that EVERY other post, thread, video, etc. of people who have the Pre2 are the same (it's great, super fast, very solid, etc.)...

...The haters and trolls don't want to hear it.

(If I could get one on Sprint (natively) I'd be doing questionable and unnatural things with it already! )
    Sounds great. I bet they're gonna sell a ton of these.
    I would bet if they do a limited release of the Pre 2 on Sprint (maybe 25000-50000 units), they would sell out, mostly from tired Pre owners looking for a webOS upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I would bet if they do a limited release of the Pre 2 on Sprint (maybe 25000-50000 units), they would sell out, mostly from tired Pre owners looking for a webOS upgrade.
    I would have to agree with you. I'm holding out for the Pre 3, but I would be severely tempted to get the Pre 2.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Just got my dev Pre2 yesterday (thank you Palm!). I agree this thing is solid. It feels smoother and faster than my o/c Palm Pre running uk at 1 GHz.
    Universal search using Just Type is great and I can report I don't get tmc errors or slow downs when searching my 7000+ contacts like I did earlier.
    I do miss Agenda & some patches (hope the Call block ones can be Preware, and the Ubercalendar one appears in Preware soon)
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Just got my dev Pre2 yesterday (thank you Palm!). I agree this thing is solid. It feels smoother and faster than my o/c Palm Pre running uk at 1 GHz.
    Universal search using Just Type is great and I can report I don't get tmc errors or slow downs when searching my 7000+ contacts like I did earlier.
    I do miss Agenda & some patches (hope the Call block ones can be Preware, and the Ubercalendar one appears in Preware soon)
    Uber calendar mini is in preware

Just saw the uploaded UC patch for 2.01 in the UC thread. Installing..
    I totally agree with everyone here. The Pre 2 is rock solid. Even down to the keyboard. The keyboard has resistance so you can feel each button as you click. The screen is amazing. Just type is sweet. Auto correct is out of this world.

the phone is so much faster than the plus.

I can wait for the Pre 3.
    Last edited by PDAGeek; 02/28/2011 at 11:42 PM.
    I have to agree about the keyboard. I used to really like the Pixi because the Pixi keyboard just felt better than the Pre keyboard, but the Pre 2 keyboard just feels better than they keyboards on the Pre and Pixi.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I have to agree about the keyboard. I used to really like the Pixi because the Pixi keyboard just felt better than the Pre keyboard, but the Pre 2 keyboard just feels better than they keyboards on the Pre and Pixi.

This comment just made my day! I'm expecting my 2 today or tomorrow from vzw and currently have a pixi (although I did own a Pre-). I love the keyboard on my Pixi Plus and was very afraid I would my it on the P2

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    If this is how the pre2 feels I can't wait for the pre3 ..

The build quality is superb .. Rock solid, buttons easy to type, slider tough as nails .. All I got to say is wow thank you palm and HP and thank you adora!

Completely agree. Thankfully, I only have to wait til December to get the Pre 3!
    I've had my Verizon Pre2 for about a week now. I previously had a Nokia N900 for about a year and a half, and while I still love my N900 to death I have to say, wow! I love this little thing. The device is a very solid piece of hardware. The keyboard seems small at first, and it is, but the shape and roundness of the buttons makes typing on it surprisingly easy for it's size. After a couple days of adjustment even my gorilla fingers were typing on it with very few mistakes.

I heard a lot of good things about WebOS before purchasing, and it has exceeded all my expectations. Everything is fluid, easy, and quick, with good layout and presentation. I didn't realize how awesome a feature "Just Type" would be until I got my hands on it and played around with it, it's simply ingenious and I can't believe iOS or Android hasn't ripped it off yet. I see myself sticking with WebOS for a very long time.

I was going to wait for the Pre 3 because of the bigger screen, but decided I couldn't wait until "summer" to try WebOS. After a week of use I have to say that I love the fact that the Pre is smaller. I would gladly take this design over the dozens of flat, thin, generic touchscreen-only smartphones on the market.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by billbraski View Post
    I've had my Verizon Pre2 for about a week now. I previously had a Nokia N900 for about a year and a half, and while I still love my N900 to death I have to say, wow! I love this little thing. The device is a very solid piece of hardware. The keyboard seems small at first, and it is, but the shape and roundness of the buttons makes typing on it surprisingly easy for it's size. After a couple days of adjustment even my gorilla fingers were typing on it with very few mistakes.

I heard a lot of good things about WebOS before purchasing, and it has exceeded all my expectations. Everything is fluid, easy, and quick, with good layout and presentation. I didn't realize how awesome a feature "Just Type" would be until I got my hands on it and played around with it, it's simply ingenious and I can't believe iOS or Android hasn't ripped it off yet. I see myself sticking with WebOS for a very long time.

I was going to wait for the Pre 3 because of the bigger screen, but decided I couldn't wait until "summer" to try WebOS. After a week of use I have to say that I love the fact that the Pre is smaller. I would gladly take this design over the dozens of flat, thin, generic touchscreen-only smartphones on the market.
    +1 great post of first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by billbraski View Post

I agree with sketch42 - love seeing these first impressions from a new webOS user! More, please!
    Oh man, I just LOVE Just Type. I love that I can remove bookmarks to some Wikis I search often because I can add web searches for those Wikis to Just Type. I also love how Just Type integrates with apps. I see this being a feature that developers will definitely be using.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    wow, just wow. i got mine yeasterday, an improvement over the +, and everything is just awesome. hardware is fantastic, screen feels 1000% better, battery life seems to be great. im completely impressed. havent played with the gps much. slider mechanism feel much improved, with just a slight wiggle. man i cant wait to plap with the new hardware.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast