Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Well - I have now had my Pre2 running for one year.

I started with the launch Sprint Pre (-) and I was desperate to upgrade after 24 months. My old phone had a super wobbly slider and it had to be reset at least twice a week. I had it apart several times to repair the on/off switch (who the hell figured out the eraser trick?) and even replaced the speaker once. I can still remember when I finished the surgery to take the radio out of the minus and graft it to the 2. I felt truly like Dr Frankenstein when it booted up that first time and the little penguin showed up. I even laughed maniacally when the little Sprint logo popped up the the left corner. Too bad it wasn't storming outside at the time.

I must say I really love webOS! I bought in whole hog when that Pre2 booted up. I really hope this OS will continue. Anyway - a year with the Pre2 has proven it is a SOLID phone. The slider is still buttery smooth and tight, all the buttons still work and I have not had to slice up an eraser to fix the power button. About once every two months I get the dreaded Too Many Cards error, but a quick power cycle and she is all better. I am committed for one more year with this phone (I believe all smart phones should have a useful life of AT LEAST 24 months - if not longer). It has taken a beating and it has proven to be a real trooper.

Of course I lust for the Pre3 but I know something is brewing on the horizon, something will rise in the future to carry webOS to new Sprint phones. What can I say, I am an optimist (at least as far as fantastic OS's go). I really don't know what I'll do if this phone craps out.
    Last edited by VWDasher; 06/08/2012 at 08:36 PM.
    davidtm likes this.
    I have a quick question for the Pre2 users here. I'm switching from Sprint to either AT&T or Verizon at the end of the year & will upgrade at that time to a Pre2 (I currently use a FrankenPre+ on Sprint). Has the Pre2 fixed the dreaded headphone jack problem that is so prevalent in the Pre-/+? This is my only complaint against the Pres I've used so far.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    OK, so I just bought a VZW Pre2 off E-bay and just finished taking my Sprint Pre comm board and switched it with the VZW comm board in the Pre2, installed the 2.2.4 MetaDoctor (using Ubunto 11.04) and so far so very very good.

My only suggestion over what I have read and the videos I have watched is do not make the GPS antenna connections until AFTER you have installed the comm board AND re-attached the keyboard bezel. This really makes life much easier as the backplate has much more movement without the antenna leads attached.

UPDATE: 6/17/12 - just finished installing the SprintNAV on the frenkenpre2 and it works and it loaded all my presets. Wow!!
    UPDATE: 6/20/12 - just tried iPhone spoof to try and get Google latitude, but no go.
    UPDATE: 6/22/12: - Even though I doctored to 2.2.4, I received the OTA for 2.2.4 today (just as some other user had) so I installed and everything still works (knock on wood) and now my voice dialing works......SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!
    Last edited by PalmLives; 06/22/2012 at 05:33 PM.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
    I have a quick question for the Pre2 users here. I'm switching from Sprint to either AT&T or Verizon at the end of the year & will upgrade at that time to a Pre2 (I currently use a FrankenPre+ on Sprint). Has the Pre2 fixed the dreaded headphone jack problem that is so prevalent in the Pre-/+? This is my only complaint against the Pres I've used so far.
    I never had the dreaded headphone jack problem on my Pre- so I can't compare, but so far no headphone jack problems on my FrankenPre2 (I use bought a VZW Pre2 so I didn't have to keep my Pre- back and bezel)
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    So I just got my new Verizon Pre2 from that 6/30/12 DailySteals deal, and it is churning away on loading up all the apps from my Palm Profile. THis takes a while! I have noticed that a few apps seemed to have failed to install. Here are the ones so far:

Whendle (Fastlap Farms)
    Translator (MojoJungle)
    WootOn! (Delicious Morsel LLC)
    Send to webOS (datajog.com)
    Maps (HP)
    Flixster (Flixster, Inc.)
    Astraware Mahjong

I still have more than 20 apps still downloading, but I was wondering if this failure is common...and what to do about it?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    So I just got my new Verizon Pre2 from that 6/30/12 DailySteals deal, and it is churning away on loading up all the apps from my Palm Profile. THis takes a while! I have noticed that a few apps seemed to have failed to install. Here are the ones so far:

Whendle (Fastlap Farms)
    Translator (MojoJungle)
    Maps (HP)
    Astraware Mahjong

I still have more than 20 apps still downloading, but I was wondering if this failure is common...and what to do about it?

I only have Maps and Flixter from your list and they loaded fine. Are you doctoring from 2.2?

Whendle (Fastlap Farms)
    Translator (MojoJungle)
    Maps (HP)
    Astraware Mahjong

Retry?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ... I have noticed that a few apps seemed to have failed to install. Here are the ones so far:

Whendle (Fastlap Farms)
    Translator (MojoJungle)
    Maps (HP)
    Astraware Mahjong

If you need a promo code for another DataJog, just send me a message. That'll fix it! (Hopefully!)
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's

Whendle (Fastlap Farms)
    Translator (MojoJungle)
    Maps (HP)
    Astraware Mahjong

That's strange, all my apps from my old profile on the Pixi loaded all fine and quite fast on my device. Only one thing that happened when moving my profile to my Palm Pre 2, it was a small error of the downloading of my contacts, luckily I back-up all my data before making the trans-sition to my new device. Try, re-downloading everything from your profile.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011