Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If this is how the pre2 feels I can't wait for the pre3 ..

The build quality is superb .. Rock solid, buttons easy to type, slider tough as nails .. All I got to say is wow thank you palm and HP and thank you adora!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    With the uncertainty of HP I caved and gave up my Palm Centro and got a Verizon Palm Pre 2. My Centro was fine, but I know its not going to last for ever so I thought better get a pp2 before they are extinct. Its Great! Battery life is fine. One surprise is I couldn't sync with usb cable; found 3rd party patch for $50 bucks and it works great. Long live Palm! resist the apple borg!
    I love that people are still discovering the Pre2. I have a Pre3 now, but still love going back to the 2 occasionally. You forget just how well it fits in your hand and easy it is to use one handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I love that people are still discovering the Pre2. I have a Pre3 now, but still love going back to the 2 occasionally. You forget just how well it fits in your hand and easy it is to use one handed.
    Unfortunately, the Pre 2 is the ******* child. No updates, nothing. It's too perfect. Typing this out on my Pre 2.
    I love my pre2, and have got complements from people who did not know it existed. It fits in my pocket perfectly. But i have to let it go. My company is going to give me an Android :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by webosfreak View Post
    I love my pre2, and have got complements from people who did not know it existed. It fits in my pocket perfectly. But i have to let it go. My company is going to give me an Android :-(
    I've owned my Palm Pre 2 for 3 months already. Loving it, cannot complain about it. Even though my contract is over and I'm eligible to get an IP4S, I will still not give up my Palm Pre 2.
    Only one issue: The multilingual support does not work well. I got Too Many Cards Open error message when I had some East-Asian characters in my phone book, and the phone would not stop re-starting. Half of MP3 files will not show up if one of your MP3 files contain any Japanese characters. That has forced me to completely get rid of those Asian stuff
    Iam from india and i bought a veer and pre2 from ebay during the fire sale.I was hoping to use veer as my main phone and keep pre 2 as a backup.But my cousin left the charger cable of veer in US so pre 2 became my main phone.

Pre 2 - Hardware:
    I like the look of Pre-2.I hate sliders but i like QWERTY keyboard.Pre 2 keyboard is fine but not the best.my friend has a BB and it has the best keyboard.Display & touch sensitive are top notch.Feels heavy but also feels comfortable to hold because of the shape and a rubbery back. Hardware build quality does not inspire confidence in me and it looks cheap.Veer has a much better build quality.Camera pics are not good,looked grainy.My usage pattern is very limited for now so a single charge cycle lasts for 3 days.

Pre2 - Software
    Pre 2/Webos is my first smart phone but i have seen both ios and android(My brother and father use android) in action.Android(Froyo) can get the work done but it never felt intuitive to me.As for IOS, it is much more streamlined than android.But i got hooked to webos because of two things, Gestures and Just Type.Other day i was using my friend's BB and i find myself using gestures in BB's trackpad :-).It has become harder for me to use other phone because of Pre-2. .I did not even configure data settings just popped in the sim and EDGE data connection worked(Vodafone,India).

So in conclusion iam extremely happy with the software but only fine with the hardware.Considering the money i have spend for it i would say it is very very good.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Loving my move from overclocked pre + to Pre 2. It's a major improvement in speed and smoothness and the browser is usable. The hardware is solid and a wonderful change from my Pre+.
    Almost switched to android but I held off I know and enjoy webOS despite its near-orphan status. If Pre2 was promoted and Pre 3 released and TP priced right (and Leo gone earlier), things would be different for webos...Verizon is only charged $29.99 also to liquidate the remaining stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Loving my move from overclocked pre + to Pre 2. It's a major improvement in speed and smoothness and the browser is usable. The hardware is solid and a wonderful change from my Pre+.
    Almost switched to android but I held off I know and enjoy webOS despite its near-orphan status. If Pre2 was promoted and Pre 3 released and TP priced right (and Leo gone earlier), things would be different for webos...Verizon is only charged $29.99 also to liquidate the remaining stock.
    I'm thinking I'm heading down the same road as you ewl88, my Launch Day VZW Pre+ is having some issues, and I like the fact I can continue to use my touchstones and (as I understand it) my extra batteries. Also, I just can't say goodby to webOS, it is a wonderful interface. I've got several apps that seem to fit my needs, hopefully they will transfer over well.

I have a question for you...what did you use as a guide for switching on VZW from a Pre+ to a Pre2? I don't want to make any big mistakes, and I'm not clear how I get my apps over to the Pre2 (will Save/Restore app do it?). If you have any helpful hitns or guides or advice, I would appreciate.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    i've had a pixi plus since July (minus a week I wasn't using it), I picked up a less than 3 week old Pre 2 with some accessories off Ebay tonight for $116.

Looking forward to testing out web os 2.0 and everything else, just a bit nervous about the slider (have always been paranoid about my stuff breaking).

Anyone have any kind words?
    Quote Originally Posted by pml86 View Post
    i've had a pixi plus since July (minus a week I wasn't using it), I picked up a less than 3 week old Pre 2 with some accessories off Ebay tonight for $116.

Looking forward to testing out web os 2.0 and everything else, just a bit nervous about the slider (have always been paranoid about my stuff breaking).

In my experience, the Pre 2 is a very sturdy phone. You'll love it.
    <edited by staff>

"

Prepare for:
    -lack of settings (major 1 here)
    -lack of apps
    -lack of customizability
    -lack of in-phone help
    -apps that cost $ but are free for any other OS
    -"updates" (downgrades)
    -alarm clock that works in 5min increments ONLY
    -sad excuse of SMS/MMS app (auto-correct, etc.)
    -sad excuse of music player
    -inability to send files via bluetooth (yes, you read that right).

..hell, the list goes on. I'm previously coming from Motorola Milestone Android. Imagine you're living in the time of the Jetson's and you just went back to the Flintstone's. I'm being 100% realistic, you'll soon find out.

This http://www.webosnation.com/roundup-favorite-tips-2011, sadly, will be of great help to you. Look through the staff's picks as well"
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/19/2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Revolutie,

Maybe you're not familiar with the "App Menu" in the upper left hand corner of most apps, which typically houses things like "Preferences". As well as the System settings tab in the Launcher, all the way to the right. Many apps also have a "Help" menu option in there as well.

My alarms on all of my Pres are set for non-5-minute-intervals.

None of the "updates" have been downgrades to me.

The Messaging and Music apps don't seem to be particularly neutered to me . .

Considering how **** poor my PC is at receiving files via bluetooth, and that my PC doesn't also support sending files via Bluetooth, I'm not finding that to be a terribly lacking option, either . . although of course, it would be nice to have.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I had a Pixi Plus for almost 6 months which I loved...have had the Pre 2 for a few days, no complaints at all. Only thing I've seemed to notice is that sending a text message is a little slower than the Pixi, but everything else is a great addition. Will be having this for awhile.

Understand about the paid apps, but I screamed when I saw Scorecenter for os lol & I already brought over all my apps from the Pixi. No fear
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutie View Post
    <edited by staff>
    "

Prepare for:
    -lack of settings (major 1 here) what?
    -lack of apps yea, definitely
    -lack of customizability Themes, etc on Preware, but I see your point
    -lack of in-phone help its got a help app + gesture tutorial. besides, whats there to require help? everything i've seen so far doesnt need help...?
    -apps that cost $ but are free for any other OS true dat. not even official...
    -"updates" (downgrades) lol, sometimes, not really
    -alarm clock that works in 5min increments ONLY thats not tooooo big...
    -sad excuse of SMS/MMS app (auto-correct, etc.) it works... auto-correct is a lot better than iPhone's over-involved one
    -sad excuse of music player agreed
    -inability to send files via bluetooth (yes, you read that right). iphone doesnt do that either. :/ but i agree

..hell, the list goes on. I'm previously coming from Motorola Milestone Android. Imagine you're living in the time of the Jetson's and you just went back to the Flintstone's. I'm being 100% realistic, you'll soon find out. More like living in the time of the jetsons and going to an alternate reality. one where a lot of stuff is better, but behaves erratically, slowly, and doesnt have as much stuff

This http://www.webosnation.com/roundup-favorite-tips-2011, sadly, will be of great help to you. Look through the staff's picks as well"
    My opinions have been inserted above
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/19/2012 at 06:33 PM.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Kind words?! #@$%$! I was watching that auction! Hahah... congrats man.
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    I feel like I gotta post here now. Wow.... What a difference. This pre 2 is so solid and fast compared to the pre-. I don't even have to OC this frankenpre. Its so FAST
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutie View Post
    <edited by staff>
    "

Prepare for:
    -lack of settings (major 1 here)
    -lack of apps
    -lack of customizability
    -lack of in-phone help
    -apps that cost $ but are free for any other OS
    -"updates" (downgrades)
    -alarm clock that works in 5min increments ONLY
    -sad excuse of SMS/MMS app (auto-correct, etc.)
    -sad excuse of music player
    -inability to send files via bluetooth (yes, you read that right).

..hell, the list goes on. I'm previously coming from Motorola Milestone Android. Imagine you're living in the time of the Jetson's and you just went back to the Flintstone's. I'm being 100% realistic, you'll soon find out.

Like really? You have no idea what your talking about 90% of this list is possible on the pre2. its called preware and patches or things the phone already has that you somehow cant find.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/19/2012 at 06:32 PM.

the slider will feel loose compared to my pre- but the action is far superior and the slide gets more action than my 62 smitty
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I have enjoyed this thread because I am on my second month with my Pre2 and loving it. After two years on Sprint, we moved the whole family over to ATT and have enjoyed better signal strength and call quality almost everywhere in Central PA. But the Pre2 itself has been a delight. It still has a lot of the things I have grown to enjoy like synergy, cards, app catalogue and more, but it has improved in other areas like:

* love the glass and the slider...whole things feels great. I always loved the river stone concept, and this keeps it true
    * battery makes it through the whole day, often at over 3/4 strength still in evening. This has made it sooo much more dependable!
    * quicker response of software overall
    * love Just type and multiple app screens
    * love being able to turn off the screen completely when on Touchstone
    * Love Music ReMix, and the extra ROM for music. Am listening to music almost everyday now with either Bluetooth headphones or plugged into speakers at work.

Anyway, there are still some irritating stuff like lags and missing features and then there are the corporate issues, but a vast improvement over the Pre-. As an older former Atari owner who use a lot of crappy shareware in the 90s, maybe I am more tolerant of what is in comparison a highly functional and robust environment

Thanks everyone for all your posts - I lurk and learn

-Brian
    Been Palm since Handspring Visor!
    Back in webOS!!!

After a Sprint Pixi and then a Pre, I simply could not get the necessary horsepower out of these devices to get stuff done. Dependability, speed, hardware issues we all know the litany.....so, although being thoroughly engrossed with webOS I left it for a Bold Touch. (spent ONE day with an HTC Android device. powerful, but...UGH!)

That was about 5 months ago.

The Bold was way more powerful, speedier, battery, conference call ability, camera, etc etc just about everything was better especially how's-a-bout that amazing keyboard!

But I'm back. Knowing that there's better webOS hardware out there now, rare and unsupported thought it may be, at the end of the day the BB felt too clunky, too hiccupy, and too list-y...non-inuitive...and certainly not elegant in any sense. Surprisingly, it would very often "hang" and need either a long frustrating wait, or a reset. When it was running smoothly, it was Very Functional, but...bumpy. And almost totally artless.

So I quickly got a used (white) Veer for $45, just to be back in webOS, fast. I'm swishing and gesturing around, it really is such a pleasure to use and the multitasking, yes even with just the stock apps, is simply a pleasure. But the device is (duh) really small, "no" headphone jack, weak speaker/phone, slippery plastic casing has caused me drop it a few times already in just about a month.

Now I'm waiting for my Pre 2 from eBay.

better heft
    black, more prof. looking?
    bigger keypad
    headphone jack
    camera flash
    better speakerphone
    fast processor
    more apps available than on Veer - can anyone comment? thanks
    more Preware available? - (ditto)

I am really looking forward to it. I don't know a d*** thing about programming or open-sourcing but long live webOS!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast