1.    #1  
    Well, I've decided my course. I was originally thinking Veer+touchpad, but (1) don't want to move to GSM carrier, and (2) touchpad isn't coming out anytime soon, and (3) I actually fell in love with the sketching/evernote/scribe capabilities of HTC Flyer.

Another big selling point, I found out that I can get a nice Verizon discount through work! So, I'm transfering my whole family to Verizon...1 Pre 2 for me and 2 Pixi Pluses for wife & daughter. I'll end up saving ~$15/month and I'm sure I'll be happy with the Pre 2 vs. my oreo Pre-. I'm desperate to scrap Sprint too. I get zero coverage in my house and efforts to get a free airave haven't been successful.

Anyways,

It appears that ordering is cheaper from HP's site. $99 for Pre 2 and Pixis are free. Though Verizon, I can get Pre 2 for $125 and Pixis are actually $100 each with $100 mail in rebate (blah, no thanks). Can I transfer existing numbers if I order from HP's site? Should I call?
    -beta testing WebOS since June 2009.
    call 'em, i don't have an exact answer for you, but it should be possible to transfer your numbers.

when i switched from vzw to sprint, i ordered the sprint phone with a new number and kept my vzw contract for 30 days, and once i was sure i was staying with sprint, i went through the process of switching the number over.

i think you will need to do the same, order the phones through hp and likely get new numbers, then when you're ready to switch from sprint to vzw (and have a few hours to go through the process multiple times), make the call to vzw and tell them what you are doing. they will make it happen.
    yes, you can always port your number.
    Yes I also did the same switching from VZ to Sprint for our Pre minus units when the were first released...hold-on to old phones and number and the ported over phone numbers after we were happy with our Pre's.

I'm sure you can do the same and BTW thanks for the heads up on VZ phone deals through HP. Wife and I may have to switch back to VZ in the coming months and if I can save money on the backend it will certainly help. Especially since switching our phones from VZ to Sprint cost almost a $1k dollars before mail-in rebates, tax, tag, and title. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    ...It appears that ordering is cheaper from HP's site. $99 for Pre 2 and Pixis are free. Though Verizon, I can get Pre 2 for $125 and Pixis are actually $100 each with $100 mail in rebate (blah, no thanks). Can I transfer existing numbers if I order from HP's site? Should I call?
    I also bought through HP, online. There was a little box you check on the bottom of one screen to port your phone number, and then you enter all the info (old carrier, phone number, account number). When I got the phone, there was a sheet with instructions on how to complete the port. After I called and entered all the info, the number ported in about 10 minutes. I moved from AT&T to Verizon.

Phone was $100, no sales tax, no MIR. I selected standard shipping (free), but they shipped it 2-day! Maybe cuz it shipped from one end of country to other? Whatever, I was happy.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    well, i cant say for on contract, but off for the pre2 vzw is cheaper for some reason. and as ohers have said porting your number is easily done. i ported my current number for net10 to vzw, with minimal fuss. so sprint to vzw should be easy.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks to everyone who posted!

The phones are ordered. $99 out of pocket for all three and thanks for the info on porting the phone numbers over.
    I will remember this thread when the pre3 comes out if it happens not to come out on sprint first . For sure!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned this, but you might want to consider returning the Pixis and purchasing them online. They have been selling new models online ranging from $45 - $75 per phone. Most of the deal sites have had them, and normally they are available through Amazon.

You could then save your upgrade for a Veer or Pre 3 when they come out later in the year.

Just a suggestion, but otherwise enjoy the phones!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by perrin75 View Post
    I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned this, but you might want to consider returning the Pixis and purchasing them online. They have been selling new models online ranging from $45 - $75 per phone. Most of the deal sites have had them, and normally they are available through Amazon.

You could then save your upgrade for a Veer or Pre 3 when they come out later in the year.

Just a suggestion, but otherwise enjoy the phones!
    Please read my first post a little more closely. These are new contracts, not a cash-in on an upgrade cycle. I'm switching from Sprint. Wife & daughter are switching from Cricket. After crunching the numbers with the Verizon discount added in, I couldn't see ANY reason to entertain Sprint anymore.
    Why buy pixi pluses for wife and kids and not Pre 2? These phones have limited app catalog support (w.r.t. gaming) , can not be upgraded, were slower than Pre - to begin with (which was no speed demon) and are essentially dead.
  12.    #12  
    1. They're free
    2. These are smartphone newbs
    3. They don't like the slider keyboard
    4. The pixi is cute, with cute color backs, and gelskins

oh,
    and they're free
    1. They're free
    2. These are smartphone newbs
    3. They don't like the slider keyboard
    4. The pixi is cute, with cute color backs, and gelskins

oh,
    and they're free
    Hey i don't know if you got my pm but i own a verizon store. I could have given you all 3 phones for free. Even if you wanted 3 pres or 1 pre & 2 pixis.
    I was going to say that as well, the third party Verizon stores near me, act like its a secret special, but they give pixi's for free, no rebate.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
    Hey i don't know if you got my pm but i own a verizon store. I could have given you all 3 phones for free. Even if you wanted 3 pres or 1 pre & 2 pixis.
    1. I didn't read your message until after I ordered.

2. You said something about rebate for Pre 2. Rebate =/= "free".

3. You didn't give me a website link and I don't order from random websites anyway.

4. Unless I'm an *****, which is entirely possible, I believe your post above belongs in the marketplace forums(http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4), based on the forum rules.
    Last edited by Nurgling; 03/01/2011 at 01:13 PM.
    1. I didn't read your message until after I ordered.

2. You said something about rebate for Pre 2. Rebate =/= "free".

3. You didn't give me a website link and I don't order from random websites anyway.

4. Unless I'm an *****, which is entirely possible, I believe your post above belongs in the marketplace forums(http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4), based on the forum rules.

1. Lol its aight

2. Free after rebate. You pay $50 for the Pre and get $50 back. Which i think is better than $100 upfront with nothing back. The pixis are just free no rebate.

3. I dont have a website. my website is Verizonwireless.com lol. I'm a verizon store owner. I listed in my other thread the exact store location and link from VerizonWireless.com, so you know its a legitimate store.

4. Im already listed in there . I wasn't trying to be annoying. I was just trying to help you guys out. I just got a precentral member a Pre 2 for $50 after a $50 rebate with a 1 Year contract. Thats better than any store or website.

Also You ordered from HP correct? HP outsources there phone sales on their webstie to Simplexity, Which is wirefly or letstalk i believe, look at the fine print. It states that if you change your rate plan or any features you may be charged up to $300 for extra discounts given to you. Pretty much they charge you if you ever wanted to lower your rate plan or change your features. Verizonwireless.com and our stores never do that.
    Last edited by S.hasan546; 03/01/2011 at 01:48 PM.
  17.    #17  
    WELL! HP Wireless just called to say they're out of Pixi Pluses! They had Pre+s, free for the second line but $80 for the third (blah).

S.hasan546, maybe we can do something. Can I get three Pre2s each on the $50 rebate, under one family plan?
    WELL! HP Wireless just called to say they're out of Pixi Pluses! They had Pre+s, free for the second line but $80 for the third (blah).

S.hasan546, maybe we can do something. Can I get three Pre2s each on the $50 rebate, under one family plan?
    Yes i can get you 3 free pre 2's after a $50 rebate each. So you pay $150 and get $150 back under one family plan. Don't get Pre +'s when you can get pre 2s for free. Call me at my store phone number EST 11 am-8 pm. 631 226 7575

And just so you know im a real store. thats the link to my store (Cellular City):
    Store Locator - Verizon Wireless
  19.    #19  
    I just wanted to follow-up to thank S.hasan546. I did order three Pre2s from him and he went the extra mile in helping us out. I have no reservations in recommending him to the community here. He threw in some much appreciated free loot too. I'll let him comment more if he wants since I don't want to put him on the spot!

Just quickly too, I'm extremely happy with the Pre2. There are some webos software glitches still here, but the hardware is quite definitely what the original Pre should have been. an overclocked Pre1 is nothing compared to the stock Pre2 either. Silky smooth and fast.