1.    #1  
    I sprintified my unlocked Pre2 today. It was working perfect so I logged into my main profile and it was restoring apps. I became impatient and restarted Pre2 during the app restore and it doesn't like that so much. After the restart my data would not come back on while sprint comm board was in the Pre2. I have tried to doctor pre2 back to factory specs and it won't cooperate. When I was able to get into Pre2 after the debacle the model of the phone would say p100eww regardlesss of how I built the metadoctor. I can novaterm and see files but it acts like it is not seeing the network.

In original sprint phone comm board works perfect. I have put sprint pre back together and Pre2 with their original specs. The sprint pre works great again The pre2 will not let me doctor with any version. It keeps saying this device is not compatable at 8% I read on the wiki that it could possibly be a corrupt usb drive. I have tried recovery directions sill no luck in getting it to boot back up. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/27/2011 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I sprintified my unlocked Pre2 today. It was working perfect so I logged into my main profile and it was restoring apps. I became impatient and restarted Pre2 during the app restore and it doesn't like that so much. After the restart my data would not come back on while sprint comm board was in the Pre2. I have tried to doctor pre2 back to factory specs and it won't cooperate. When I was able to get into Pre2 after the debacle the model of the phone would say p100eww regardlesss of how I built the metadoctor. I can novaterm and see files but it acts like it is not seeing the network.

In original sprint phone comm board works perfect. I have put sprint pre back together and Pre2 with their original specs. The sprint pre works great again The pre2 will not let me doctor with any version. It keeps saying this device is not compatable at 8% I read on the wiki that it could possibly be a corrupt usb drive. I have tried recovery directions sill no luck in getting it to boot back up. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    You haven't given any details about exactly what you did.

Explain each and every step you did in excruciating detail.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    Pulled tokens for both devices via show properties
    made meta doctor for Pre2 conversion
    swapped boards and bezel from Pre to Pre2
    ran metadoctor to write tokens and was able to login to one of my test profiles
    Was able to buy apps make calls, send texts, send mms, etc
    decided to run the metadoctor to activate my profile on Pre2, during the restore process I became impatient and restarted Pre2 while it was in process of restoring all my apps
    Borked phone no data
    called sprint they were able to walk me through manual programming my phone number so that I could make calls, still no data connection
    I then swapped comm boards back so both devices were stock
    Sprint doctor took and I can now use this phone as my primary phone again
    GSM unlocked Pre2 will not doctor at all.
    I have tried recovery method and I can novaterm into device and the prompt says roadrunner
    I have tired various doctor configurations
    The greatest concern is why the model information for the Pre2 will not change to the una version
    What tokens did you copy across?

Note that tokens only change if you explicitly overwrite them.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  5.    #5  
    I used the comm board swap tokens in the show properties app

Getting an phone error saying your phone experiencing issues that can't be resolved
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/27/2011 at 03:02 AM.
    At this point, you should put both phones in a drawer for 24 hours, and then start again. I cannot tell what you have done from that jumble of steps.

Note that your Pre2 will have P100EWW and Sprint tokens on it, so you need to flash your saved Pre 2 tokens onto it to get it back to normal.

-- Rod
    any luck? Mine stopped at 8% when I didn't copy the tokens perfectly and had accidentally put in 2 lines of '</section>' under the tokens. I also notice my pre 2 won't doctor with any cord other than the original usb. Best of luck and I would love to see you on a pre 2!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    At this point, you should put both phones in a drawer for 24 hours, and then start again. I cannot tell what you have done from that jumble of steps.

Note that your Pre2 will have P100EWW and Sprint tokens on it, so you need to flash your saved Pre 2 tokens onto it to get it back to normal.

-- Rod
    That was my thought as well. What do you mean by flashing my saved Pre2 tokens onto it to get it back to normal. Do you mean build a metadoctor with the original Pre2 tokens?
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/27/2011 at 07:47 AM.
    That was my thought as well. What do you mean by flashing my my saved Pre2 tokens onto it to get it back to normal. Do you mean build a metadoctor with the original Pre2 tokens?
    Yes, that is the only way you will get the Pre 2 to accept a Pre 2 webOS Doctor again, since it currently thinks it's a Sprint Pre-, so will refuse to accept a Pre 2 doctor trying to fix it.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    any luck? Mine stopped at 8% when I didn't copy the tokens perfectly and had accidentally put in 2 lines of '</section>' under the tokens. I also notice my pre 2 won't doctor with any cord other than the original usb. Best of luck and I would love to see you on a pre 2!
    The console output from running java -jar <doctor> would have shown you that syntax error.

-- Rod
  11.    #11  
    Thanks rod that is why i went to sleep I couldn't figure out why that part wouldn't change. Just to help me understand a little more when you flash the device it isn't the comm board that gets flashed it is something else?
    Thanks rod that is why i went to sleep I couldn't figure out why that part wouldn't change. Just to help me understand a little more when you flash the device it isn't the comm board that gets flashed it is something else?
    Correct. It is the flash memory on the OMAP board, not the comms board.

The IMEI/MEID comes from the comms board, and cannot be changed by the webOS doctor or a meta-doctor.

-- Rod
  13.    #13  
    Thanks! I will build that doctor with my original Pre2 tokens after church and give it a whirl. I can use the 2.0.1 or do I need to use the 2.0.0 to build the first meta doctor?
    Thanks! I will build that doctor with my original Pre2 tokens after church and give it a whirl. I can use the 2.0.1 or do I need to use the 2.0.0 to build the first meta doctor?
    You can use either I expect.

-- Rod
  15.    #15  
    Thanks to everyone that helped, especially Sirataxero and Pastorrich! my Pre2 is now Sprintified.
    is their anyway to recover the original pre2 tokens after you have already done the comm board swap, I flashed with all sprint pre- tokens and I'm afraid I might be screwed
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown711 View Post
    is their anyway to recover the original pre2 tokens after you have already done the comm board swap, I flashed with all sprint pre- tokens and I'm afraid I might be screwed
    There is not. That is why any guides say to save tokens from both devices using the Show Properties app.

-- Rod
    congrats mamouton!!! Wish you would have had one from the beginning!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is not. That is why any guides say to save tokens from both devices using the Show Properties app.

-- Rod
    what tokens have to match on the pre2 for it to accept a pre2 doctor?