1.    #1  
    When I got my free Pre 2 replacement, VZW left me under my pre-existing 2 year agreement, which included free mobile hotspot. However, I launched the app to see if it was indeed still free and it brings up a webpage saying I have to pay for the service. I have an email out to customer service right now seeing if they will fix it for me. I won't fuss too much about it, since I rarely used it anyway and everything else that I really wanted to work is working, but it SHOULD still be included for free if I'm under pre-existing contract. We'll see...

Anybody here paying for that service?
    Uh, FreeTether. That's what I'm doing when I pick mine up next week.
    Where can you get FreeTether?
    for the Pre2, it is still in the testing feed. Hopefully vzw won't figuree out how to identify freetether traffic.
    MHS app is free. Using the MHS costs money. The plan that offers free use is only offered for Pre+. Your plan is not the same as your contrct. They left you under the same contract, but you are on a plan offered on the Pre2.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/25/2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Just like vz navigator. The app is ncluded with the phone. Using the app costs $.
    Cant is correct, the free MHS service is tied to the device you put on your account, not your contract.

On a slightly related note, that does worry me about Verizon's future plans for data rates if they are going to drop unlimited or change the pricing for it because I don't think they'll be required to keep you on whatever data plan you have with your current contract even if you go month-to-month and bring your own device.
    they can never force you off your current plan as long as you stay on your current hardware.
    I know that, but that also requires you to stay on your current hardware and not get something new possibly even if you buy it full retail. That's what I've been worried about happening down the road with the current data plan reworking that's been going on in the industry.
  10.    #10  
    We'll see. I expect they'll give me some reason why I can't have that feature anymore (even though it was in my contract), but I figured it was at least worth asking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    We'll see. I expect they'll give me some reason why I can't have that feature anymore (even though it was in my contract), but I figured it was at least worth asking about.
    The simple answer is because Verizon has decided it is no longer going to be a free service. When Mobile Hot spot originally launched it was only planned to be a temporarily free service.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    it wasn't in your "contract", it is in a plan available for the Pre+. You need to read your "contract" so when you are talking to verizon you won't confuse them.

anything that you can find as leverage will be in the "contract" language and rate plan descriptions. Rate plans aren't described in contracts. Your best chance is to find out if it is possible in their system to manualy allow a rate plan to be assigned to a phone it isn't offered for. I'm pretty sure it isn't phsically possible, but if it is you have to find out what level of approval is needed and escalate to that level/person. Then you can appeal to them in terms of fairness, cust sat, etc.

but if you ask for something that isn't possible (system designed to not allow exceptions) or you mix your terms... You won't have as much luck getting it escalated.

in webos examples, it would be like having someone go into the catalog for US phones and indcate, "only phones activated within the US can buy these apps, and that one guy in Yeman." most systems don't have any way for that sort of random ovverride, nd shouldn't.

I could be wrong, but that's what you will find out by learning what's in your contract, rate plans, etc. Good luck!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/25/2011 at 10:32 PM.
    So no free MHS for the Pre2, then. I must have remembered seeing 100 posts in here about how the Pre2 would have it. That definitely puts the nail in the coffin as the Pre2 is now just a crunchy turd to me.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Lol oh man the imagery!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    ...the Pre2 is now just a crunchy turd to me.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    So no free MHS for the Pre2, then. I must have remembered seeing 100 posts in here about how the Pre2 would have it. That definitely puts the nail in the coffin as the Pre2 is now just a crunchy turd to me.
    Really? When there is a free and functional alternative to MHS called FreeTether? I don't get it.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Having a supported tether was my concern as who knows when Verizon will crack down on a free tethering application. I'm currently using MyTether on my Sprint Pre, but I do get tired of circumventing my contract, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Lol oh man the imagery!
    I was gonna say the same thing. I don't even want to imagine how one would determine that a turd is crunchy.